Arbroath Vs Morton

17 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

How much do you think you’re paying Allan?

Answer: enough that it doesn’t matter if it’s a full- or part-time contract.

No idea how much we are paying any player, that wasn't really the angle I was coming from, I just couldn't see Griffiths essentially playing part time football, training two nights a week etc. I would say from listening to his last interview, he would be more likely to retire. This gambling thing probably pushes him even closer to that.

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Some more Griffiths news

C21C804F-CD2B-40C8-9A0D-788AD91535B7.jpeg

Headline a bit over dramatic I'd say.

Where interviewed at a Scotish Police location and are assisting with enquiries.  Don't think they were arrested and charged yet!

2 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Headline a bit over dramatic I'd say.

Where interviewed at a Scotish Police location and are assisting with enquiries.  Don't think they were arrested and charged yet!

Arrested, but no charges brought. Yet.

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Arrested, but no charges brought. Yet.

Yes, I dare say term is correct but a lot of people think being arrested automatically leads to being charged. Just feel it's a bit over dramatic and is deflecting focus on the game on Saturday.

Edited by Paisley Ton
why

Anybody want to defend that?

A great big glob of centre midfielders getting in each others way, all width provided by one full back (Oakley), absolutely no out ball, and Bobby Linn getting high balls punted to him for the Morton defence to eat up.

But no, actually playing a striker would apparently be so much worse.  f**k's sake.

Disappointing goal to lose - one of the 3 defenders should have blocked that shot - very little between the two teams, but you can’t allow players a free shot at goals.

Need to play the balls to Bobby’s feet - he won’t win too many of these high balls in the air.

We can still take something from this game - but we need a good January transfer window to give the team more depth and options.

3 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Disappointing goal to lose - one of the 3 defenders should have blocked that shot - very little between the two teams, but you can’t allow players a free shot at goals.

Need to play the balls to Bobby’s feet - he won’t win too many of these high balls in the air.

We can still take something from this game - but we need a good January transfer window to give the team more depth and options.

The manager has plenty of options.  Nobody is making him cluster 5 midfielders in the left centre of the pitch.  Nobody is forcing him to play without any wingers.  Nobody is holding him at gunpoint to keep our forward options on the bench.

Edited to add: Possible Ht subs, Bobby off for Fosu, Oakley off for Jacobs.  Lets just go all in on centre midfielders.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Happy to conclude that there will never be a good game of football between Morton and Arbroath after watching that shite.

First half Morton were comfortably the better team and should have scored more than one but didn't create enough with their dominance. Second half Arbroath were comfortably the better team and did create enough with their dominance but weren't clinical enough to score more than one. Lucky to escape with a point after that.