Arbroath Vs Morton

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Bitsindou, Tait and Gold with McKenna and Allan supporting Bobby is absolutely the way to go at the minute. Get us through to January then we 100% need a different option up there. Who that is or where we get that from is a different story. Bobby is looking great just now and full of confidence.

Agreed, hopefully Stewart can get some minutes under his belt soon and then come into contention for a start also.

Bobby Linn is rolling back the years - he is fit, on form, creative and can score goals and will surely be in the starting 11.

Would have Oakley, Little, Hamilton, Tait, McKenna , Bitsindou and Allan all in the starting 11.

Also need to get Hilson involved as he is in a good run of form at the moment - but also handy him as an option on the bench.

We can beat any team in the Championship - but we need a settled team, allowing the players to click and gel.

Can we beat Morton ? Of course we can.

Score prediction 2-1 Arbroath.

48 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Bobby Linn is rolling back the years - he is fit, on form, creative and can score goals and will surely be in the starting 11.

Would have Oakley, Little, Hamilton, Tait, McKenna , Bitsindou and Allan all in the starting 11.

Also need to get Hilson involved as he is in a good run of form at the moment - but also handy him as an option on the bench.

We can beat any team in the Championship - but we need a settled team, allowing the players to click and gel.

Can we beat Morton ? Of course we can.

Score prediction 2-1 Arbroath.

As bad as we’ve been I’ve not really been overly impressed by anyone else. Dundee away gave us a good run around and so did QP at Gayfield but other than that it kind of feels like most weeks and games the other teams not really been very great and we’ve just been really bad. Cove away and Raith at home are up there with some of the worst performances I’ve seen from an Arbroath team 

It would also mean a 3-0 victory awarded to Arbroath as I don’t think he is eligible to play for another club until the transfer window opens.  

Hopefully it won’t happen at all, but if he does come it won’t be until January

19 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

As bad as we’ve been I’ve not really been overly impressed by anyone else. Dundee away gave us a good run around and so did QP at Gayfield but other than that it kind of feels like most weeks and games the other teams not really been very great and we’ve just been really bad. Cove away and Raith at home are up there with some of the worst performances I’ve seen from an Arbroath team 

Even though you boys are down the bottom, it's still a fairly even league in terms of quality for me with not too much between the teams. We've had a lot of tight games. 6 of our 8 victories have been by a 1 goal margin and so have 3 of our 4 defeats.

In the game at Cappielow,  i didn't think you lot were particularly good, you only had  3 shots the whole game, 2 on target and scored from both but you kept the ball better than us that day and our finishing was poor. Thankfully we have become a lot more clinical recently, scoring 17 in our last 8 league games.

Not expecting a classic on Sat, never is with Arbroath v Morton games and 1 goal will prob win it for either team.

1 hour ago, Vril said:

It would also mean a 3-0 victory awarded to Arbroath as I don’t think he is eligible to play for another club until the transfer window opens.  

Hopefully it won’t happen at all, but if he does come it won’t be until January

He's a free agent so can be signed at any time

32 minutes ago, Blablabla said:

He's a free agent so can be signed at any time

Is it not something to do with he was still registered with that Australian team when the transfer window closed meaning he needs to wait until Jan to sign for a new club?

8 hours ago, Blablabla said:

Could we see Griffiths at Gayfield on Saturday? Rumours are he could be donning the blue and white hoops shortly

Morton aren't playing in hoops. You've missed the target, just like Griffiths did at Falkirk and just like whoever brought back the low effort Griffiths rumours from pre-season.

14 hours ago, Blablabla said:

Could we see Griffiths at Gayfield on Saturday? Rumours are he could be donning the blue and white hoops shortly

The more Dick goes on about lack of goals, the odds on him appearing at Gayfield are shortening by the day, but in an Arbroath shirt once the window opens not a Morton one.

The Morton reports are a load of shite, loosely fuelled because he is training at Livi and we like to shop there and also because we drew Celtic.

22 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

He trained apparently but think we would be a world apart in terms of what he would be looking for. Dont think he will sign for a part time club.

I think it all depends on where he sees himself now and in 6 months. He seems to be a bit disillusioned with the game at the moment so maybe a short-term, part-time contract would be perfect for him just now.

If he has aspirations of going back full-time then an opportunity to get fit, get regular game time, bang in a few goals and regain some confidence could be an attractive proposition.

If he seriously sees himself back at a biggish club in the future then he needs to earn it on the pitch.

30 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

He trained apparently but think we would be a world apart in terms of what he would be looking for. Dont think he will sign for a part time club.

7 months out of the game and barely a sniff of someone being interested, apart from a few cameos for an Aussie pub team for likely little more than them covering his flights out.

Don't think he can set much expectation on terms right now - he said as much in the BBC's recent propaganda campaign for him.

6 hours ago, Smokerson said:

How much do you think you’re paying Allan?

Answer: enough that it doesn’t matter if it’s a full- or part-time contract.