Arbroath Vs Morton

The side from Greenock are one of only two teams we’ve beaten in the league this season after a 2-1 win at Cappielow in September. Hopefully yesterday’s comfortable win in Fraserburgh can inject a bit of confidence into the squad going forward. Bobby playing the lone front man yesterday was a surprise but it clearly worked so I expect we might see that again on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

The side from Greenock are one of only two teams we’ve beaten in the league this season after a 2-1 win at Cappielow in September. 

Dougie will absolutely ramming home this week that they need to avenge that.

9 unbeaten. Hopefully number 10 incoming.

Thought 4 points out of 6 from Cove and Arbroath away would be decent but thought the point might come at Cove after their good run.

Need to win games like this to keep challenging at the top. 

Used to be a hell of a tough place to go but Arbroath have the second worst home league record with only 1 win in 8 and incredibly only 4 goals scored. Will be disappointing if we fail to pick up 3 points here, certainly shouldn't be losing.

McGrattan in for Kabia I think. Not convinced Dougie is entirely happy with either for left wing and wouldn't be surprised if we bring in another option there in Jan with Kabia possibly going back to Livvy. I like McGrattan,  does a good job but I'd like to see a more creative option brought in.  Over time, wouldn't rule out King playing there. Strong, powerful, can run with the ball and has very good delivery with his left peg. 

After seeing Morton against us at Balmoral in what was near gale force winds, which ruined the game for both sides, I wasn't hugely impressed by the side sitting in 2nd place. Fantastic run so far with a relatively small squad and I'm guessing one of the smaller budgets and kudos if you keep it going. Fair play Ton got the win (first offside) and second a well taken goal after being pegged back. When your on a winning streak there is belief and it showed in the dying moments. If Morton finish top 4 it would be beyond fans expectations when the season started I'd imagine and be one of the highlights of the season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Arbroath edge out a closely fought 1-0.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

After seeing Morton against us at Balmoral in what was near gale force winds, which ruined the game for both sides, I wasn't hugely impressed by the side sitting in 2nd place.

:lol: Expected more from us, but admits the conditions ruined the game. 
No team could’ve played good football in that tinpot shit hole of a stadium last week given how windy it was. 

I’ll take any kind of win up in Arbroath, always enjoy a trip to Gayfield. I’d expect McGrattan to come back in for Kabia and the rest of the starting 11 to remain the same. 

36 minutes ago, Scosha said:

:lol: Expected more from us, but admits the conditions ruined the game. 
No team could’ve played good football in that tinpot shit hole of a stadium last week given how windy it was. 

I’ll take any kind of win up in Arbroath, always enjoy a trip to Gayfield. I’d expect McGrattan to come back in for Kabia and the rest of the starting 11 to remain the same. 

Conditions did ruined the game. Was blowing a gale and that didn't make it conducive to free flowing football. Like I said fair play you got the win and are on a great run. 

I see Morton are almost 2/1 to win so fairly generous odds for a side with only 1 defeat in their last 9 in all competitions.

Screenshot_2022-11-27-15-41-48-06_b9431d8731825333fadcedd2db3abf8f.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Conditions did ruined the game. Was blowing a gale and that didn't make it conducive to free flowing football. Like I said fair play you got the win and are on a great run. 
I see Morton are almost 2/1 to win so fairly generous odds for a side with only 1 defeat in their last 9 in all competitions.
Screenshot_2022-11-27-15-41-48-06_b9431d8731825333fadcedd2db3abf8f.thumb.jpg.44ec3f83c88484d89e89feee6015cd0d.jpg

The bookies know best? [emoji848]

26 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Screenshot_2022-11-27-15-41-48-06_b9431d8731825333fadcedd2db3abf8f.jpg

*No defeats.

14 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

After seeing Morton against us at Balmoral in what was near gale force winds, which ruined the game for both sides, I wasn't hugely impressed by the side sitting in 2nd place. Fantastic run so far with a relatively small squad and I'm guessing one of the smaller budgets and kudos if you keep it going. Fair play Ton got the win (first offside) and second a well taken goal after being pegged back. When your on a winning streak there is belief and it showed in the dying moments. If Morton finish top 4 it would be beyond fans expectations when the season started I'd imagine and be one of the highlights of the season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Arbroath edge out a closely fought 1-0.

Get a life you not got a game this weekend?

Be happy we brought a few up. As for the game until it spun on to the post we were always in command good to stick a winner in at the end deserved win.

While you produced some stil to show alleged off side real time video coverage doesn't clearly show that. So just accept it is what it is a goal.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Why not

12 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

The side from Greenock are one of only two teams we’ve beaten in the league this season after a 2-1 win at Cappielow in September. Hopefully yesterday’s comfortable win in Fraserburgh can inject a bit of confidence into the squad going forward. Bobby playing the lone front man yesterday was a surprise but it clearly worked so I expect we might see that again on Saturday. 

Yes well done the Campbell man killed it and seen the game out from HT. Worse watch of the season. Accept you needed the points and did what was needed.

Plus your penalty was poor. Very little contact with your man running out the box understand ref used a St Mirren shirt as a vest.

Taking into account how you played last time and the time of year not sure if I can drag myself up there but as it's my last chance to see the boys this year feck it heat the steak and black pudding pies up for me.

I don’t know what I would do. I’ve moaned relentlessly about us not playing a striker but I think Bobby might actually be our best striking option. If he actually plays through the middle with Allan behind him and McKenna, Gold, Hoti or Tait do all the hard graft infront of big Bitsindou we might do ok. We still have a good back 4 and great keeper it’s scoring goals and getting up the park we’ve had a problem with 

Linn scoring a goal off of a Scotty Allan through ball seems like our most likely way of putting the ball into the back of the net at the moment 

I love to see Bobby getting prominence and scoring goals. The downside in past seasons is that the opposition realise that and start doubling up on him every time he gets the ball. It just emphasises our need for another scoring option .
It’s great to see an outlet developing for Scott Allan’s passing .

52 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I love to see Bobby getting prominence and scoring goals. The downside in past seasons is that the opposition realise that and start doubling up on him every time he gets the ball. It just emphasises our need for another scoring option .
It’s great to see an outlet developing for Scott Allan’s passing .

Bobby seemed to be making the runs a whole lot more Saturday past it seemed like something we’d worked on

Bitsindou, Tait and Gold with McKenna and Allan supporting Bobby is absolutely the way to go at the minute. Get us through to January then we 100% need a different option up there. Who that is or where we get that from is a different story. Bobby is looking great just now and full of confidence.