Ayr vs Aidan Connolly dba Raith Rovers strike force, 3/12/22

We've not been playing well recently and have a few out, however if Musonda plays and we have Mullin, Chalmers and Akinyemi up top then I really can't see us not scoring, however there's every chance we'll also concede a few at the back, especially with Kirk missing and our Full backs terribly off form.

An entertaining 2-2 or 3-3 draw would be more than acceptable.

46 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Well sounds like Musonda isn't going to be back as expected on Saturday so Raith would be stupid to not start their 6ft 8" striker up against Nick McAllister who's about 5ft 11" if you're lucky

You'd think.  Guaranteed he still wouldn't win a header.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Accies still worse imo. I’d genuinely rather have Ecrepont at centre back than McAllister.

It’s possible…

Ahh, McAllister was okay last night - he’ll win lots of battles but give away some stupid fouls and get caught out positionally at times I would imagine. Best option IMO, not that it’s saying much. 

We don’t really have a striker to speak of, still. Connell is absolutely rubbish 95% of the time albeit one of his two good games did come against Ayr, Vaughan has been played as a centre forward in our last two to predictable results, Gullan has barely played for months and certainly isn’t a lone striker in any case, and Frederiksen has had about ten minutes off the bench since his last start in October.

Genuinely surprised to see Ayr fans saying they’d take a draw. Top of the league at home to 7th. We’ve taken seven points from eight away games (wins over the bottom two and a point at injury-depleted Caley). Unfortunately I suspect they’ll be fine.

5 hours ago, Paco said:

Genuinely surprised to see Ayr fans saying they’d take a draw. Top of the league at home to 7th. We’ve taken seven points from eight away games (wins over the bottom two and a point at injury-depleted Caley). Unfortunately I suspect they’ll be fine.

Some of the Ayr fans on here are prepared to break and run and the first sight of smoking gun's . Either that or they like the  coolness of the "I told you so" if things turn to sh*t  .  Our side has its weaknesses at the moment however on our day we have a bit of punch up front ,I expect to see us back to our old self's after the Pollok game. Which we actually won !!!! You wouldnt think that with some of the patter on here . However I can't wait for the window and to see who Mr Glendinning has lined up for us .  Rumours I'm hearing are a top premiership centre half/right back is inbound as the first of three window signings .

15 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Some of the Ayr fans on here are prepared to break and run and the first sight of smoking gun's . Either that or they like the  coolness of the "I told you so" if things turn to sh*t  .  Our side has its weaknesses at the moment however on our day we have a bit of punch up front ,I expect to see us back to our old self's after the Pollok game. Which we actually won !!!! You wouldnt think that with some of the patter on here . However I can't wait for the window and to see who Mr Glendinning has lined up for us .  Rumours I'm hearing are a top premiership centre half/right back is inbound as the first of three window signings .

Scotland u21?

3 hours ago, Dauntless said:

Tumilty from Hartlepool?

10 hours ago, Paco said:

We have been poor for a while but manage to scrape results together, we have turned defeats in to draws and draws in to wins  but we have been on the edge for a while and it obviously wont last forever. 

Akinyemi has scored a load of goals but occasionally, like against Pollock, he is martialled out the game and it tends to be against teams who set up to stop us playing rather than competing. Meaning that we ultimately pick up at least a point from those games.  Our defence has poor apart from Musonda and Kirk and they are both out, McGinty has spells of brilliance or being dreadful and he is currently in the latter category, although it might change. Chalmers has been an upgrade but some of the rest of the attacking players have been very much hit and miss.  

I think most Ayr fans can see that we are in a better position than we were last season but there are obvious cracks showing, so the aim at the moment is to try and avoid going in to a slump of half a dozen or so games without a win and keep picking up points. With the injuries we have and will have over the next month and the players that will come in, picking up a draw wouldn't be the worst result. 

8 hours ago, Dauntless said:

Welsh of Celtic