Jump to content

Ayr vs Aidan Connolly dba Raith Rovers strike force, 3/12/22


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Are you really sure we won't sign somebody in the first week of the window ? 

It would have to be someone who is getting released or someone on loan. 
Clubs normally decide who they are letting away on a free or loan towards the end of the window when most of their business is done. May be different this season where the old firm are out of Europe and maybe don’t need as much cover. 

Unless we are paying money for a player, I would say it would be unlikely we sign anyone until the end of January. Even with the French boy rumoured a few days ago, we’d need to sign them now to have a hope of them having a visa by March.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This game can go either way.  If I was IM i'd be tempted to go 5 at the back and double up on Akinyemi who has been some find for Ayr.  If we can isolate him we may have a chance of getting a result.  

Macdonald 

Millen  Nolan  O'Riordan  Dick  Ngwenya

Spencer  Brown

Vaughan  Gullan  Connolly

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As with any game in this league, anything could happen here.

We really need to take something from the game. A defeat puts a 10-point gap between us which would be hugely difficult to pull back.

The shout above to go to a back 5 might be a good one. O'Riordan has been a class act but he has made a few errors against experienced, physical strikers. Akinyemi is likely to force errors out of him and is clinical enough to make them count. 

We do have our own threat however and I'd love to see us starting with 2 up top. 

Feel like there will be several goals in this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

As with any game in this league, anything could happen here.

We really need to take something from the game. A defeat puts a 10-point gap between us which would be hugely difficult to pull back.

The shout above to go to a back 5 might be a good one. O'Riordan has been a class act but he has made a few errors against experienced, physical strikers. Akinyemi is likely to force errors out of him and is clinical enough to make them count. 

We do have our own threat however and I'd love to see us starting with 2 up top. 

Feel like there will be several goals in this one.

Do we? So long as Connolly gets space to drift inside we might do something, but if they get someone tight to him then we are pretty much fucked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, renton said:

Do we? So long as Connolly gets space to drift inside we might do something, but if they get someone tight to him then we are pretty much fucked.

Lol, all recent evidence definitely supports that view.

Gullan, Vaughan, Connell, Ross, Easton and Stanton have all shown attacking threat at various points in their Rovers career. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

Lol, all recent evidence definitely supports that view.

Gullan, Vaughan, Connell, Ross, Easton and Stanton have all shown attacking threat at various points in their Rovers career. 

Aye, don't get me wrong: guys like Vaughan and Gullan can be a threat, and with any luck and a run of games will be a threat - but both are coming back from various injuries and absences and will be going some to suddenly click into life on Saturday. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye, don't get me wrong: guys like Vaughan and Gullan can be a threat, and with any luck and a run of games will be a threat - but both are coming back from various injuries and absences and will be going some to suddenly click into life on Saturday. 

 

Its the hope that kills ye 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...