Ayr vs Aidan Connolly dba Raith Rovers strike force, 3/12/22

4 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I’m not for one minute saying sack him , I said f**k off Murray out of frustration, another Saturday same shit , no I know hendry is the exception but brown has been ok, not outstanding, seems a decent guy as well. Why sign big John , what a waste of money , same with Mcbride, a couple of bench fillers.  Imo Murray failed to get us out of an easy league cup group that could have netted us a decent tie for money, he says he won’t just sign someone then makes some of the signings he has🤦🏻‍♂️ he has had an easy ride from the fans so far but it’s up to him to sort things, I thought we had turned a corner a few weeks ago but was obviously wrong . A few players haven’t performed well this season, very frustrating season so far.

Poplatnik was available at the time. But nah!!

54 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If Hendry is your barometer for a successful midfield signing, you will never ever ever be happy with a single midfielder we sign in the next 10 years.

Brown has been absolutely fine, but he's a convenient example because he fits the "League 1 signings " line.

He has been decent nothing more and your right hendry was the exception a bit like our current assistant manager. Not for one minute saying sack Murray but he talks a good game time to show it on the pitch. Just not impressed in general with Murray’s transfer business and only playoffs we will be in is the wrong ones sadly, if your ok with that then fair enough.

Murray trying to deflect from his own shite management by spewing about how we won’t win the league is some tactic. Better than any tactic he tried to employ today but doubt it’ll pay off for him.

First half hour wasn’t great. Usual scrappy stuff from us but we scored a goal thanks to some quick feet from Chalmers and in the second half I thought we just controlled things and got a really well worked second goal. Front four did really well and the right hand side of our defensive was rock solid. Houston deserves to come back into the team but Ecrepont also deserves to stay in the team so he’d be my starting left back until Paddy can force himself back in.

Raith we’re powder puff up front, but still delighted with the way the defence played.  Looked like a bit of a mess on paper, but McAllister in particular played out his skin.  Be interesting to see if Ecrepont can build on that performance - seems like he’s been talked about as a good young prospect for about 3 years, so nuts to think that was his league debut.  

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Murray trying to deflect from his own shite management by spewing about how we won’t win the league is some tactic. Better than any tactic he tried to employ today but doubt it’ll pay off for him.

First half hour wasn’t great. Usual scrappy stuff from us but we scored a goal thanks to some quick feet from Chalmers and in the second half I thought we just controlled things and got a really well worked second goal. Front four did really well and the right hand side of our defensive was rock solid. Houston deserves to come back into the team but Ecrepont also deserves to stay in the team so he’d be my starting left back until Paddy can force himself back in.

Don’t you worry about Murray, his level of ambition is a freshly laid turd. Ayr deserved it. Christ we struggled against a bunch of villagers last week Lumme!!!!

A decent game, Raith Dominated the ball for large parts of it but had nothing up front, they passed round Ayr at times up to the 18 yard box but never really broke in to it .

Ayr again opted to try and stretch Raith and hit them on the counter which created both goals. 

Raith defended well, Kept Akinyemi and McKenzie quiet. Chalmers was getting nothing out his full back and immediately set up a goal when he switched wings. The game suited Mullen more. 

Ayrs back line scrapped all day and won every high ball, McCallister is better and centre half than right back. McGinty had one of his better games as well. Ecripont has earned his place in the team now as well. 

3 points when I’d have taken a draw before the game. 

10 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Apparently matej 

Also saw a post on fantalk saying that he was going to sign for a Championship club.  I'd guess if he wanted to stay that much, he'd pick up one of the other clubs looking for a striker?