Ayr vs Aidan Connolly dba Raith Rovers strike force, 3/12/22

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:
I hope he does succeed but if you sign league 1 players you aren’t going to be doing anything special. The thought of going to a game at the moment isn’t very appealing tbh ,why waste money on big John if he isn’t what he wanted instead of keeping it for January. Not impressed with Murray and how he has went about things since the summer but only my opinion 

League 1 players like Brad Spencer or aiden Connolly?

No brown, connell,Mcbride 

7 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Need to get a few off the wage bill. Not seeing what Frederiksen, Nolan, McBride, Easton or Connell bring to the side.

I’d give Murray time but he should be under a lot of pressure.

Connell has a decent long throw and usually plays okay in home games. Easton usually does okay. Our home form (Queens Park game excepted) has been excellent. It’s just our away form that’s hopeless. Need to find some sort of system to get points away from home.

Connell offers absolutely nothing. I'm hoping he's only playing due to Gullan not being fit to start yet cause if not we're in trouble. He's simply not at this level.

Today was exactly as expected. Good goals from Ayr's point of view but basic defensive errors again. More powderpuff stuff up front.

We'll not go down but we are way off being able to challenge so will finish 6th, 7th or 8th.

When do the clocks go forward???

4 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Been decent but a limited player not really an upgrade on Spencer or matthews and definitely no Reagan hendry

If Hendry is your barometer for a successful midfield signing, you will never ever ever be happy with a single midfielder we sign in the next 10 years.

Brown has been absolutely fine, but he's a convenient example because he fits the "League 1 signings " line.

I would rather play Robbie Thomson up front than Connell the boy is wash ! He ain’t good enough he’s proving it . We are in trouble second half of the season unless Murray can sign an actual goal threat in the window . Let’s not start talking about Mcglynn again we were woeful from December onwards last season and the football on show was shocking don’t forget the club wasted a huge amount of money on goodWillie a player the manager was desperate to sign twice but according to John Sim it won’t have an effect on profit/loss account for the club really John I think it has when you have gave the manager a budget but IMO not as good as other clubs in the division when our squad is littered with youngsters and under21 loans , That’s where we are as a club at the moment probably about where we should be in the league 

10 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Been decent but a limited player not really an upgrade on Spencer or matthews and definitely no Reagan hendry

No midfielder we’ve had in the last 25 years has been a Hendry, if that’s the bar we are using to judge midfield signings then they will all be a failure.

Matthews hasn’t been fit all season so we needed someone in his role. Brown has been absolutely fine, only a few weeks ago people were waxing lyrical about the trio of Spencer, Stanton and Brown.

Murray has improved us from the relegation form of the second half of last season but not significantly. He deserves time to get it right, put a competent striker in that team and we are well in the top 4.

Easier said than done obviously and the signings in attacking areas have been poor, he should get the January window to have another go at it. If we are still making the same mistakes and get dragged into a relegation battle at any point, of course he should go but we’re not at that stage yet for me. People seem to forget because we finished 5th last season, that he inherited an absolute shit show on and off the field that were only saved from relegation by the August-December form.

Edited by R.R.FC

10 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Only team I think going down this year and that’s Hamilton. I wouldn’t worry just need a striker in that team and you will be challenging for the playoffs 

Everyone wants a striker, players aren’t falling over themselves to sign for us.  

8 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Everyone wants a striker, players aren’t falling over themselves to sign for us.  

You said after the last defeat that the toys would stay in the pram when we lost again.

And yet here you are in the midst of another rant that will probably last all night.

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee

Words are so offensive. Press ignore if you don’t like it. Just some folk are fed up with the crap we as fans have to endure, because some fans call it a transition. I’m calling BS. 

3 minutes ago, Craigus said:

Back to the 7th place seasons that we all moaned about before we were relegated. I'd take that right now the way our team looks when up against it. 

BINGOOOOO. Apparently it’s different in transitional periods, silly me!!!!

40 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

No midfielder we’ve had in the last 25 years has been a Hendry, if that’s the bar we are using to judge midfield signings then they will all be a failure.

Matthews hasn’t been fit all season so we needed someone in his role. Brown has been absolutely fine, only a few weeks ago people were waxing lyrical about the trio of Spencer, Stanton and Brown.

Murray has improved us from the relegation form of the second half of last season but not significantly. He deserves time to get it right, put a competent striker in that team and we are well in the top 4.

Easier said than done obviously and the signings in attacking areas have been poor, he should get the January window to have another go at it. If we are still making the same mistakes and get dragged into a relegation battle at any point, of course he should go but we’re not at that stage yet for me. People seem to forget because we finished 5th last season, that he inherited an absolute shit show on and off the field that were only saved from relegation by the August-December form.

I’m not for one minute saying sack him , I said f**k off Murray out of frustration, another Saturday same shit , no I know hendry is the exception but brown has been ok, not outstanding, seems a decent guy as well. Why sign big John , what a waste of money , same with Mcbride, a couple of bench fillers.  Imo Murray failed to get us out of an easy league cup group that could have netted us a decent tie for money, he says he won’t just sign someone then makes some of the signings he has🤦🏻‍♂️ he has had an easy ride from the fans so far but it’s up to him to sort things, I thought we had turned a corner a few weeks ago but was obviously wrong . A few players haven’t performed well this season, very frustrating season so far.