Ayr vs Aidan Connolly dba Raith Rovers strike force, 3/12/22

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

We're not just failing to score, we're failing to create good chances to score from. Midfield too passive. Brown cannot create, just doesn't have the vision or ability to find the right pass, Spencer sits too deep to impact the game, Easton flatters to deceive and Connolly is a shadow of the player he is at Starks. Who's there to create good chances for a forward, or for anyone really? Stanton dropped for no known reason today to accommodate Vaughan who's trying way too hard to make a difference and Connell who I'm not sure why he's in the side. 

Stanton was ill, according to Sportsound.

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Wow, insults because the team you support are losing a football game.

It's incredibly frustrating,  but a transitional season isn't the worst thing in the world.  Need to steer clear of relegation, of course.

At least you’re taking it well. Murray isn’t the answer. He’s learned f**k all since his time at St Mirren. League 1 is where he should’ve stayed. I miss McGlynn, yup I’ve said it. 

2 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

I don’t mean to “poke the bear” and this is probably the wrong time to ask but are you still paying out to Goodwillie? Regardless of the answer you 100% did the right thing and getting rid. Sorry for asking.

Nope, he’s gone. Last report was he was training with a junior side and played as a trialist, I think vs Cowden.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Why not mute the TV and listen via RaithTV or Sportsound?

No sale. Decided to play football with the boy, then came in and watched second half of the Dutch v USA. Decent game.

I see we’re losing an away game. No real surprise there.

3 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

At least you’re taking it well. Murray isn’t the answer. He’s learned f**k all since his time at St Mirren. League 1 is where he should’ve stayed. I miss McGlynn, yup I’ve said it. 

Taking it a hell of a lot better than you it seems.

It might take Murray a couple of transfer windows.  I'm happy to give him time, providing we don't look in relegation danger, which we don't at the moment.

Primarily its the lack of any kind of striker.  Not the only reason, but a big part.  He absolutely needs to find a solution to that, somehow, but I don't see the need for telling him to "f**k off" or calling him an "arsehole".

Again though, Mcglynn and the absolute fortune he spent last season is part of the problem.  

Edited by CALDERON

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Taking it a hell of a lot better than you it seems.

It might take Murray a couple of transfer windows.  I'm happy to give him time, providing we don't look in relegation danger, which we don't at the moment.

Primarily its the lack of any kind of striker.  Not the only reason, but a big part.  He absolutely needs to find a solution to that, somehow, but I don't see the need for telling him to "f**k off" or calling him an "arsehole".

Of let’s just accept it. We are in a transition season blah fucking blah🥱🥱

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Imo he has had an easy ride from the fans since he came in , does it look like we are building anything? Same story every game he needs to find answers 

I think some fans are happy to give him time, rather than criticise him with insults.  I'm by no means happy, and expect to see improvement in the 2nd half of the season, but prepared to give the manager time.  

6 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Imo he has had an easy ride from the fans since he came in , does it look like we are building anything? Same story every game he needs to find answers 

To be honest, some of the players need to take a hard look at themselves as well. You could argue that players like Connell and Big John don’t look like they should play at our level. But it’s up to the players when they cross that line. Players like Ethan Ross (will give a bit of Lee way since he’s been injured) has looked absolutely way off it this season as well. Ability doesn’t just disappear overnight. 

Knew this season would be transitional. As that’s exactly where we are at. No real surprise. 

Our Attack is the priority. Potentially needs to move a few players on in January and bring in, I don’t know? Simon Murray? 😂 

Edited by Wardy

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

I think some fans are happy to give him time, rather than criticise him with insults.  I'm by no means happy, and expect to see improvement in the 2nd half of the season, but prepared to give the manager time.  

I hope he does succeed but if you sign league 1 players you aren’t going to be doing anything special. The thought of going to a game at the moment isn’t very appealing tbh ,why waste money on big John if he isn’t what he wanted instead of keeping it for January. Not impressed with Murray and how he has went about things since the summer but only my opinion 

Just now, Been going too long said:

I hope he does succeed but if you sign league 1 players you aren’t going to be doing anything special. The thought of going to a game at the moment isn’t very appealing tbh ,why waste money on big John if he isn’t what he wanted instead of keeping it for January. Not impressed with Murray and how he has went about things since the summer but only my opinion 

Murray was getting pelters every week for not signing a striker, imagine he hadn't done that?

4 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Need to get a few off the wage bill. Not seeing what Frederiksen, Nolan, McBride, Easton or Connell bring to the side.

I’d give Murray time but he should be under a lot of pressure.

Nolan is fine, we need the defenders. The rest I'd be happy to see punted but it won't be in January without paying out for their contracts. Add Ethan "always on the ground" Ross there too please.

League 1 players like Brad Spencer or aiden Connolly?