Pars vs. Doonhamers

Fucking shite. Chasing a game against fucking dirge for the second home game in a row. What is it with us at home this season? Get it fucking changed McPake. 
I’ll be really surprised if we walk away with anything today. Making them look like 1970 Brazil any time we lose the ball, which is quite often today. 

Similar tears and snotters from McPake post match will make this result feel like a win.

35 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

many bizarre decisions.

I have never seen a ref make get which side the corner should be taken from wrong AND make everyone switch round as they are ready to do. We have had him quite a few times now and it seems to all be about him, he would be better served fulfilling his time as a Rory Stewart look-a-like.

34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Similar tears and snotters from McPake post match will make this result feel like a win.

McPake said he thought we were the better side to be fair. 

I thought we just about shaded it, especially first half, but draw was fair. Really enjoyable end to end game.

Thankfully that's our last home game before the transfer window, although probably won't have any signings in for the Falkirk game on the 2nd (but wouldn't rule it out as last time we played them just after new year at East End we did indeed have a new signing playing).

Desperately hoping we have new lads in very sharp this time. 

Also hope McPake wakens the f**k up regarding home games.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Thankfully that's our last home game before the transfer window, although probably won't have any signings in for the Falkirk game on the 2nd (but wouldn't rule it out as last time we played them just after new year at East End we did indeed have a new signing playing).

Desperately hoping we have new lads in very sharp this time. 

Also hope McPake wakens the f**k up regarding home games.

Was that the game Robinson came in and played a blinder?

20 minutes ago, 101 said:

I have never seen a ref make get which side the corner should be taken from wrong AND make everyone switch round as they are ready to do. We have had him quite a few times now and it seems to all be about him, he would be better served fulfilling his time as a Rory Stewart look-a-like.

Didn’t understand that at all. Apart from that he pretty much got everything spot on. 

Another fucking pish home performance. Can we seriously win this league by drawing all our home games? Why are we so shite at home? Do the other teams raise their game because we are the so called “biggest team in the league” and catch us out? That being said, I highly doubt Edinburgh will be anywhere near the title come the end of the season. I still believe Falkirk are still the ones we should be wary of. 

It’s remarkable that two so called professional footballers in Todd and Hendrie didn’t spot the glaring danger in the Dunfermline wingback in the lead up to the goal. 

Slow to react to a quick throw in, Hendrie should be busting a gut to get out to one of them but he just ambles about in behind Todd. Instead it leaves Josh caught in two minds and he doesn’t really do enough until it’s too late when he  sprints out to close the cross down. Both of them standing in the same space doing nowhere near enough.  I counted 8 seconds between the ball going out of play and then Dunfermline crossing the ball over. To be standing still/not doing anything meaningful for that long when the opposition has a good opportunity really is dreadful.  

9 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

It’s remarkable that two so called professional footballers in Todd and Hendrie didn’t spot the glaring danger in the Dunfermline wingback in the lead up to the goal. 

Slow to react to a quick throw in, Hendrie should be busting a gut to get out to one of them but he just ambles about in behind Todd. Instead it leaves Josh caught in two minds and he doesn’t really do enough until it’s too late when he  sprints out to close the cross down. Both of them standing in the same space doing nowhere near enough.  I counted 8 seconds between the ball going out of play and then Dunfermline crossing the ball over. To be standing still/not doing anything meaningful for that long when the opposition has a good opportunity really is dreadful.  

Get far too much  time to put the cross in but the defender in the middle has to win the ball.

Our problem all season no aggression in the box .

Good highlights on the Pars OS. Always risky to judge from highlights alone but that looked a decent game and could be argued that Queens were unlucky not to take the 3 points, although the Pars had good chances too.

Before the game I'd have been chuffed with a point but on that showing feels like 2 dropped. Needless to say from 4:40 pm on I was just waiting for an inevitable winner from the Pars, so happy in the end.

After the Diddy cup break next week we really need to beat Kelty at Palmy next and then look for some revenge at the Kelpie's stadium before Xmas to gain some momentum.

I thought Queens looked very decent in spells,  surely a play off push towards end of the season?
It's been the same shite all season tbh. We'll be garbage, then have a good game and get our hopes up only to play shite the next game. After a good result yesterday we'll likely get beat at home to Kelty. I really couldn't care if we get beat by Alloa in the CC tbh.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Good highlights on the Pars OS. Always risky to judge from highlights alone but that looked a decent game and could be argued that Queens were unlucky not to take the 3 points, although the Pars had good chances too.

I had forgotten some of our near misses, particularly the one by Hendrie early in the 2nd half that scraped past the post. I think if we'd gone 2-0 we'd have won the game. I also hadn't realised until the highlights that Todorov's effort went in via the post rather than directly.

Really good game of football though. One of the most enjoyable contests of the season to date.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I thought Queens looked very decent in spells,  surely a play off push towards end of the season?

Been our problem all season though, looking decent in spells and failing to capitalise on them. In particular see comprehensively outplaying Alloa twice and getting a 1-1 draw and a 5-1 loss from them! We need to do better with scoring when we're on top and not conceding cheap goals when we're not. Dunfermline were very comfortable against us at Palmerston and Falkirk have been twice. We were abject in the opening game v Clyde. Otherwise we've done ok but we're not winning enough, which is why we're 7th, not in the top 4. There's nothing for us to fear in this league. Dunfermline are more solid than us and will win the league but we're capable of playing our way through anyone on our day, there's plenty attacking talent in our squad. The problems are at the other end largely.

40 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We need to do better with scoring when we're on top and not conceding cheap goals when we're not.

Spot on, this one sentence sums up our season so far.

I agree that our problems are more at the back because we are fairly creative going forward, unless we come up against a team that bullies us in midfield.

As one of our posters on this forum has been saying for a few months, we need a central defender who wants to get stuck in and do all the hard, physical challenges. A tougher defence would have seen us several points and places better off.

Could've won it but should've lost it. We dont seem to know how to attack at home without leaving huge gaps at the back. Todorov made a difference. Wighton isolated on his own. Mochrie was invisible. Hosler good in spells. Take a point against a decent Queens team (who are better than 7th) and move on.

Tbf we are doing a lot better than I thought we would with the size and age of squad. I wouldn't say we have been lucky with injuries but it could have been worse. Other teams must have realised by now we can only make 3 substitutions in each game. The biggest problem with the small squad is that players know they can have a shocker and can retain their place so there is no real pressure on your position which is never good. Overall I think McPake has done well we just need a bit more quality and experience. Lastly, if we are trying to develop young players why does the U18  league play every fixture on a Friday, day before the big team, just to make it even harder for young boys? Rips ma knitting.