Pars vs. Doonhamers

MacDonald is a waste of a sub. Useless on the right never mind left where he's so obviously one footed.

Todorov nearly won it with a great shot, but draw is fair. Queens finding lots of space in front of our goal too often. Wilson had a great first 45 but tailed off. 

Nobody for us was particularly noteworthy. Kane was OK, Comrie after our shape change. Always feel like there's a goal in any opposition when playing Breen though, can't explain it, felt like if there was a winner it would be on him.

3 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Two points lost - were the better side but couldn’t get the job done and could have lost it which would have been typical.

Played well but it’s wins that we need.

Were you? Draw was the correct result. 

As fair a draw as you will see.  We played well on the whole and could have won, but it's a good point to take given that only FC Edinburgh won out of the teams above us.  Vital that we beat Kelty next week now to keep hanging on the coat tails of the play-off contenders.

Gibson and Wilson were best in the first half but fell out of it in the second when we played better as a team.  Reilly kind of disappeared and I was surprised he wasn't hooked instead of Connelly.  Biggest frustration though was Currie, who had one of his better games, starting to blatantly time-waste with half an hour still on the clock and continue to do so after the equaliser.

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Were you? Draw was the correct result. 

After the equaliser thought we were on top for the majority of the time left. 5 corners, 4 shots on target and couple of nearly moments thrown in. 

Stats say it was even and over the piece it was  but I thought if anyone was going to win go on and the game it was us. Dave McKay did his best right at the end to lay it on a plate for you. 

To

10 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

As fair a draw as you will see.  We played well on the whole and could have won, but it's a good point to take given that only FC Edinburgh won out of the teams above us.  Vital that we beat Kelty next week now to keep hanging on the coat tails of the play-off contenders.

Gibson and Wilson were best in the first half but fell out of it in the second when we played better as a team.  Reilly kind of disappeared and I was surprised he wasn't hooked instead of Connelly.  Biggest frustration though was Currie, who had one of his better games, starting to blatantly time-waste with half an hour still on the clock and continue to do so after the equaliser.

Agree on subject of Reilly - disappointed with him. Works hard enough but just doesn’t look a threat. Would have hooked him not Connelly who always seems to be the scapegoat.

Thought Colin Steven had a good game today, first couple of shoves in the back I did wonder if he had lost his whistle.  Good to see he wasn’t going to be stopping the game for minimal pushes every two minutes. I think most would agree he didn’t get everything right but he let a lot go that helped the game flow. 

Not a terrible game for a neutral. Both teams going for the win, particularly second half. But not a great game for a fan. Both teams will probably feel they should have won it. But on the balance of play, a draw is probably a fair result. With Falkirk dropping points, probably a better point for us than it is for QoS.

From a Pars perspective, first half was horrendous. Bringing Todorov on made a big difference. Thought he’d won it with his shot at the end too. Mochrie had his worst game by far. He was like being a man down. But he’s been outstanding in other games, so don’t want to be too critical. Midfield in general went awol for a lot of the game. After the change of shape, we did well using Mochrie and KRH on the right hand side and that’s what got us the goal too.

Queens looked better than I expected, but with no major threat. Once they took Connelly off, I thought they offered next to nothing. Reilly was every bit as bad as he was in his spell with us. Gibson fairly good with the ball, but he was left man for man with Edwards, who beat him with the same trick at least 5 times.

Referee was horrendous. He ignored really blatant fouls for both teams. Blatant trips, late challenges, pulling back etc, he just wasn’t interested. Got quite a few throw ins and goal kick/corner decisions wrong when they seemed like really easy decisions too. Didn’t impact the result at all, but both sets of players and coaching teams were getting so frustrated with his uselessness. He looked so far out of his depth. Wasn’t a surprise that when the first card came, it was for a player complaining about one of his many bizarre decisions.

Edited by CallumPar

Thought Queens deserved to win overall today. Not for the first time at home we've some how avoided defeat after not bothering to turn up first half. Our first half home performances are consistently piish.

Our powder puff central midfield with Chalmers and Mochrie terrified to make a tackle. The Queens midfielder Todd was given the freedom to stroll forward at will. Breen is a liabilty at the back.

The team is lacking quality in general. How we are top with a gap is baffling.

Unbeaten at home but god knows how. I only go to home games, so have missed the away games (i'm guessing were much better on the road?) Never seen Pars cruising at the top of a league and  being so devoid of excitment about it. The football is turgid.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

6 draws, more than any other team in the league. Even 50% of those as wins would have us in a really comfortable position. Need a few quality additions in the January window to get is over the line. 

9 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

6 draws, more than any other team in the league. Even 50% of those as wins would have us in a really comfortable position. Need a few quality additions in the January window to get is over the line. 

Yep. Lack of depth/options is ann issue. Of those that started on the bench today, only Hamilton and Todorov have the ability to come on and change the game/improve the team. I know we have 3 long term injuries, but I think we need to add more quality/depth in January if we’re going to win the league.

Right now, even if we had no other injuries, a CB or full back getting injured or suspended would have us really struggling for someone capable of covering for them.

21 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Wasn’t a surprise that when the first card came, it was for a player complaining about one of his many bizarre decisions.

So the correct decision then?

20 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Unbeaten at home but god knows how. I only go to home games, so have missed the away games (i'm guessing were much better on the road?) Never seen Pars cruising at the top of a league and  being so devoid of excitment about it. The football is turgid.

We aren't really cruising at the top though. We potentially could be 2nd and one point ahead of 3rd come Christmas. 

Of course we could potentially also be 11 points clear at the top, but I doubt that.

14 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Agreed. But we also need McPake to use the current players more, especially Hamilton.