Pars vs. Doonhamers

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye? I'd say Wilson has been Queens best player, controlled the game for a solid part. Dunfermline back on top atm. 

I don't know why but they've left 27 allot of defensive work and Edwards is going past him everytime, his strength doesn't seem to be going backwards. 

His strength is very much attacking, defensively naive. 

Pars ran rings round us for the first ten minutes, we couldn't string two passes together.  Then their midfield went AWOL and we dominated for a good 20 minutes without carrying too much of a goal threat.  Pars pushed up again and we looked shaky at the back before stealing a vital goal.  We don't deserve to be behind but are maybe a shade fortunate to be ahead given that the Pars have had the more clear cut chances.

As folk have said above, Gibson has been the MOTM so far and has put some superb balls into the box.  Trouble is he's no defender.  I'd much prefer it if he was used as an out-and-out winger in a 4-4-2, but wild horses won't drag Wullie away from a 3-5-2/5-3-2 mindset it seems.

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

We look like every player has had their Christmas dinner before coming out to play, so far off the pace and so easy to play through 

Pretty sure their night out is after this today. Just from what I’ve heard in and around EEP. Looks like they’re more focussed on that. 

Stinking home performance again? No goals for us in the first half again?

Shocked to hear. For all his talk of analysis on opponents, McPake doesn't actually seem to do much with the team at home.

2 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Heads now going down - as soon as we lose the momentum anything could happen.

Not for the first time this season, we make an unnecessary substitution and concede within a couple of minutes.