Pars vs. Doonhamers

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

I'd be inclined to drop Chalmers for Hamilton but I understand this won't happen. I'd not be surprised to see KRH come out the team for Kyle MacDonald.

We had a fairly attacking side out in the away game and a daft penalty aside were not troubled,  I don’t see much reason to go more defensive. 

We could well make those changes later on if we’re ahead, but happy to go for goals at the start(as much as we do anyway) 

Hamilton is a fantastic player, but we just don’t need a DM most games,  all going well and promoted he’ll get a lot more games in the championship.

Your results are all over the place recently, what's going on?
EFC are our bitches but other than that we've been pretty shit. We did put in a great performance last week against Montrose but then Montrose were beaten by Dumbarton so there's a good chance we caught them at a good time.

Falkirk and yourselves were competent without being spectacular and yet comfortably disposed of our mob. I still think Dunfermline were trolling us in the first game and just decided to conserve energy and sit in for the second half.

We're just miles off what is required. Other than Wilson we don't have anyone who will battle. To highlight how pea hearted they are go and watch Morton's 4th goal against us the other day. The guy strolls through our midfield and defence; Paul McKay's attempt at a tackle is beyond infuriating and I just burst out laughing. I think WG is massively out his depth tbh and continues to leave out two of our best players (himself included, though that choice isn't entirely down to him). He did say that he plays players who work hard in training; a tactic that's clearly working for him. I've played with boys who are great in training but completely shite in games. It's easy to be good in training.

The scoreline should be what Dunfermline choose it to be in all honesty. If they want another comfy win like the last game then that'd be fine. If they want to absolutely destroy us then they'll have every opportunity to do it. Get in our players faces and they'll shit the bed.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I still think Dunfermline were trolling us in the first game and just decided to conserve energy and sit in for the second half.

We absolutely have that level of professionalism in our squad,   get the goal(s) required and trust our defence to see things out.   We aren't a team designed to score 5/6 goals,  but we are a side who know 1 or 2 should be enough.  We've dropped 4 points from winning positions so far and i'm pretty sure mcpake is annoyed at that record.

19 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Forgot Mochrie

image.jpeg.641fa4ae227cfa997d816407e711eb2c.jpeg

@19QOS19

Do you think we have played better the last 2 games. WG seems to have decided his best team and formation he wants to stick to. Hendrie will come in for Quitongo and I would imagine he would go same again. I agree with you we do not have anyone who is willing to get stuck in apart from Wilson. I thought we played well against Morton apart from last 10 minutes and I did not understand the substitutions if I am honest. Young Lewis might be injured for this week after WG interview but I don't know who he would play there(we know who should) as McKechnie was not even included in the squad on Saturday.  

1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:

@19QOS19

Do you think we have played better the last 2 games. WG seems to have decided his best team and formation he wants to stick to. Hendrie will come in for Quitongo and I would imagine he would go same again. I agree with you we do not have anyone who is willing to get stuck in apart from Wilson. I thought we played well against Morton apart from last 10 minutes and I did not understand the substitutions if I am honest. Young Lewis might be injured for this week after WG interview but I don't know who he would play there(we know who should) as McKechnie was not even included in the squad on Saturday.  

I know you're not asking me, but I'd fully expect that McKenna would go to RWB and Dave McKay to come back in at CB.  Whatever the line-up you can guarantee McKenna will be there somewhere ☹️.

Edited by Slipmat

@19QOS19 summed things up well. Before Montrose last week we'd only beaten Edinburgh, Peterhead and Clyde all season. And looks like we got Montrose during a poor spell as they looked awful against Darvel.

Mental inconsistency has seen our last 6 games being 2-1, 1-3, 4-1, 1-5, 4-0, 1-4

Based on that alone we are due a heavy victory.

Based on footballing ability and reality a comfortable home win for the Pars.

Whenever we've come up against quality opposition (ie the Pars, Falkirk, Morton and the Govan side) this season we've fallen well short - although the Govan mob are hardly a suitable yardstick for our level tbf.  The one flaw in that argument being that we somehow humped Ayr 3-0 at Somerset in the LC group stage - but we all know that LC Group games are notoriously poor indicators of what the season will hold.  Against the rest we've been inconsistent at best which is a poor return.  Alas, I can't see this trend changing on Saturday.

Oh for a back line that included Benedictus and Breen.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Whenever we've come up against quality opposition (ie the Pars, Falkirk, Morton and the Govan side) this season we've fallen well short - although the Govan mob are hardly a suitable yardstick for our level tbf.  The one flaw in that argument being that we somehow humped Ayr 3-0 at Somerset in the LC group stage - but we all know that LC Group games are notoriously poor indicators of what the season will hold.  Against the rest we've been inconsistent at best which is a poor return.  Alas, I can't see this trend changing on Saturday.

Oh for a back line that included Benedictus and Breen.

The Ayr game was bizarre and it was nothing short of miraculous that we somehow kept a clean sheet. It could just as easily have ended 5-5. Link to highlights below.

The other games you highlight are IMHO much more typical of games against better sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ghEhRqyL-E

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

3 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The Ayr game was bizarre and it was nothing short of miraculous that we somehow kept a clean sheet. It could just as easily have ended 5-5. Link to highlights below.

The other games you highlight are IMHO much more typical of games against better sides.

Don't disagree ... I did try to say it was something of an aberration (as many LC group stage games often are).

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We played St Johnstone in the League Cup group also.........

Aye, fair point, I forgot about that game.  I think it would be different story against them today though.  As I indicated, the LC group stage games tend to represent the final stage of pre-season prep for many sides and are often not very reflective of what the main league season form will bring - so the LC group stage games can be a less than reliable yardstick to judge form.

18 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, fair point, I forgot about that game.  I think it would be different story against them today though.  As I indicated, the LC group stage games tend to represent the final stage of pre-season prep for many sides and are often not very reflective of what the main league season form will bring - so the LC group stage games can be a less than reliable yardstick to judge form.

Not disagreeing, just thought they were an odd omission from the list of "quality" sides we've faced this season given they are the 2nd highest placed side we've played.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Charmers easily our best player this season so far.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not disagreeing, just thought they were an odd omission from the list of "quality" sides we've faced this season given they are the 2nd highest placed side we've played.

No probs SD, it was a clear omission. In my pathetic defence, my memory is mince these days and it did cross my mind to check the fixture list first but I'm lazy also. Cheers.

17 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:
Charmers easily our best player this season so far.

Who?

At least he left plenty of space for editing mistakes.