Pars vs. Doonhamers

I guess gibson jnr has become an new threat but is there any other worries to think of since the away game? That was a comfortable afternoon and we've become a better side since IMO. 

KRH if he recovers from his injury will be strongly pushing for a start which creates a question for mcpake,  is he brave enough to add a creative player at the expense of someone more defensively minded in a league game?

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I guess gibson jnr has become an new threat but is there any other worries to think of since the away game? That was a comfortable afternoon and we've become a better side since IMO. 

KRH if he recovers from his injury will be strongly pushing for a start which creates a question for mcpake,  is he brave enough to add a creative player at the expense of someone more defensively minded in a league game?

You'll win this game. 

3 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Back to domestic football next weekend against league leaders Dunfermline after a 4-1 defeat at Cappielow to Morton in the Scottish Cup.

Thanks for that insightful post, I'd no idea who we played next week or that we'd just been pumped out of the Cup by Morton at Cappielow. 

We've not been that great in our home matches this season. Drawn with Clyde in our last home league game and drew with Peterhead. A lot of the other games have taken a late goal to win narrowly. I think we have only scored one first half goal at East End this season.

QOS have been worse than I thought they would be but still have humped a few sides, so clearly capable of putting in a good performace.

Really don't think this is as cut and dry as some might believe.

I’m impressed that the OP has edited his post, but hasn’t corrected himself saying ‘back to domestic football’ after a Scottish cup game.

Being honest, I think we should be winning most of our games this season. We’ve played 16 league games so far and kept 10 clean sheets. I do think that we are the best team in the league and QoS seem to have been poor disappointing. We have a solid defence and attacking players capable of scoring goals.

We’re 7 points clear for a reason and it’s up to us to keep it that way/extend the lead at the top as the season goes on. It won’t be easy, very few games have been. But given the last 16 league games we’ve played, I have faith that McPake is the right man for us and the team are more than capable of going out and getting a result most weeks. Obviously there will be a few more hiccups along the way (already had Clyde/Peterhead at home and Montrose away), but I think we’ll continue our charge towards the title with another win next week.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

back to domestic football

With Berwick and that other English team wanting in then perhaps the Scottish cup ought to be considered a European competition.

Anyway getting 4 points from out last 2 games was okay albeit would have expected the draw at Falkirk and a home win but still with Falkirk and Airdrie playing and Edinburgh and Montrose having a poor week this week it is a good opportunity to stretch out our lead at the top of the table

When blessed with length, as we are (with our long pitch) it’s only right to use it to its fullest. Loved that wee cut back and finish goal at the weekend. Not seen much of it this season but McPake has made it clear that we play how he tells the players to play so if we can keep adding bits of play like that it could make a big difference to the goal tally at home.

Can’t wait to see which Queens team turns up for this game, hopefully closer to the Montrose performance than Alloa or Morton. Shipping 9 goals in our last two away games is swaying me towards a home win but you never know. On our day we can play a bit but it’s a gutless lot we have assembled. Let’s hope we start on the front foot playing some good stuff and don’t get involved in any sort of battle as that’s when we tend to fall apart. 

21 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Can’t wait to see which Queens team turns up for this game, hopefully closer to the Montrose performance than Alloa or Morton. Shipping 9 goals in our last two away games is swaying me towards a home win but you never know. On our day we can play a bit but it’s a gutless lot we have assembled. Let’s hope we start on the front foot playing some good stuff and don’t get involved in any sort of battle as that’s when we tend to fall apart. 

Your results are all over the place recently, what's going on?