Montrose vs Darvel

Aidan

Big interest in this one I see. Expecting a tough game, not seen Darvel play other than against Brechin last season but they seem to have a decent squad with plenty of SPFL experience.

I’ll settle for a 1-0, no injuries and a decent day out.

Anyone know if the loan players are able to play tomorrow?  Could be a big loss for a very tricky tie

I would think the Ross County boys and Adam Hutchinson will be available but the 2 St Johnstone players might not be. It’ll depend on whether or not Cammy is staying with us for the season or going back to sit on St Johnstones bench as he can’t go elsewhere.

A very dispiriting afternoon, with crowd trouble being the sour cherry on a shite-coated cake.

Lazy geographical comparison perhaps, but Darvel remind me of an Allan Moore era Stranraer team - not pretty, but very physical and effective, and didn't waste any chances to score. Dodgy backline/keeper aside, they weren't overly troubled. We, by contrast, looked all over the shop for long periods and couldn't get the ball to stick. For 20 minutes of that second half, we didn't even look interested in playing football, utterly criminal. The opposition simply wanted that more, and smelt blood against a much changed and imbalanced home team. Another decent shot at an SC money spinning game pissed away, annoyingly.

*off to a darkened room*.

1 hour ago, MO7S said:

Why oh why do we save our worst performance of the season for the Cup every b****y year?

It's always the way. I had a bad feeling about this match. We've a pish record against this sort of team.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Darvel were streets ahead of Montrose this afternoon. 

There was no crowd trouble. Just a bunch of schoolkids winding each other up. 

Far worse was a Montrose fan calling the ref a "mongol". 

The "trouble" looked pretty pathetic. It was just "hold me back" bullshit.

1 hour ago, keptie said:

Fecking hell Mo, that result is seriously embarrassing. We played them last season i think and they were guff.

You're not wrong. Most embarrassing result that I can remember.

2 hours ago, MO7S said:

Why oh why do we save our worst performance of the season for the Cup every b****y year?

Someone today did point out that if you build a side with quite a few loan signings who become integral parts of the team, you leave your arse hanging out in the breeze in a cup tie if they all get vetoed. Our XI today looked undercooked, had no midfield to it, and from 1-3 onwards it was only going to end in defeat.

Your mileage may vary, but I still think on the MFC cup embarrasment-o-meter, Lothian Thistle was worse. Darvel are at least a well financed outfit with plenty of experience - LTHV were a bunch of largely untried/untested kids who we had two bites at, and still couldn't put away. But, yes, today felt horribly familiar when it comes to the cup.

1 hour ago, Scorge said:

Someone today did point out that if you build a side with quite a few loan signings who become integral parts of the team, you leave your arse hanging out in the breeze in a cup tie if they all get vetoed. Our XI today looked undercooked, had no midfield to it, and from 1-3 onwards it was only going to end in defeat.

Your mileage may vary, but I still think on the MFC cup embarrasment-o-meter, Lothian Thistle was worse. Darvel are at least a well financed outfit with plenty of experience - LTHV were a bunch of largely untried/untested kids who we had two bites at, and still couldn't put away. But, yes, today felt horribly familiar when it comes to the cup.

The LTHV debacle also arguably signalled the Mo’s appalling tailspin into the near abyss that was the relegation playoffs. 

This time I hope history will not repeat itself and we can shake off the losing mentality that has afflicted us of late. 
I am wondering if there’s a YouTube video out there, other teams have just newly discovered on the subject of “how to tear the Mo. defence a new one… the step by step guide.”