Ayr v Pollok

AUcal

8 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Based on our match against Talbot yesterday I'll be amazed if it's anything other than a routine win for Ayr. 

Yes, no excuses as we have a decent squad and any of the guys we bring in should be more than able to cope.

I mean no disrespect to Pollok but we're at home, we're full of confidence, we're top of the Championship, we're scoring goals for fun and ultimately we're playing a part time side from 4 leagues below us, not to mention I'm waiting on Ayr for a 7 fold accumulator.

So that's us all set up for a 2-1 win for Pollok 🤣

2 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Fog forecast for tomorrow night  🙄

Weather seems perfect for football. No rain, no wind, 4mls visibility. No "equalising" factors. No excuses. 

Don't forget to get your ticket online, although I assume you can also buy them at the ticket office. Don't know if there's a pay at the gate option. If Pollok bring about 1000 as promised and we supply around 1500, should be a good atmosphere.

You would hope we could get more than 1500, but on past experience there seems to be less enthusiasm for the cup than the league, specially for an evening game. Can't understand that myself. Somerset, under the lights with a decent crowd can be absolutely jumping. Good performance and a win always helps.

I want to apologise to Pollok fans. Unfortunately, I have bet £5 on you to win at 18/1.

I was tempted to put money on Darvel on Saturday and chickened out. Given this one's on TV I thought I would stick a fiver on to at least make it more interesting. Chances are Ayr will be 4-0 up after 20 mins after my little flutter. :( 

With Bullen looking like he'll go as full strength as he can, I reckon he'll lineup:

McAdams

McAllister  Bangala  McGinty  Reading

Mullin  Murdoch  Dempsey  Chalmers

Akinyemi  McKenzie

Would imagine a forward line of Dipo and McKenzie to try and win some physical battles.

3 hours ago, G_&_T said:

I want to apologise to Pollok fans. Unfortunately, I have bet £5 on you to win at 18/1.

I was tempted to put money on Darvel on Saturday and chickened out. Given this one's on TV I thought I would stick a fiver on to at least make it more interesting. Chances are Ayr will be 4-0 up after 20 mins after my little flutter. :( 

It's 35/1 on William Hill which caught my eye - can't have been an away side at Somerset ever that big a price surely