Ayr v Pollok

AUcal

We should win this comfortably. But we have previous.

A strong enough team please, no messing about. Pollok seem to be a decent side for their level and have found scoring to be very easy so far in the cup.

Making the next round could be huge for us in terms of getting some more money in to bolster the defence in January.

Ayr 3-1 Pollok 

We better not be taking this game lightly. Strongest possible team please.

This is an important game. All cup games are important. Playing a team from lower down the Pyramid does not warrant fielding a weakened team. Why would you field a weakened team against a team who will be giving their all for a big scalp?

7 hours ago, Iain said:

Good chance to beat the club's record 11-1 victory here. Should be going for it.

Not sure you understand the standard.

Would you expect to beat a League 2 side by that margin? All bar two of our team from the Annan game played in the 'big leagues' and some dare I say it higher than Ayr. Aye you might win but think anything like that assumes our lads took up the sport for fun last week.

Edited by cmontheloknow

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Would you expect to beat a League 2 side by that margin? All bar two of our team from the Annan game played in the 'big leagues' and some dare I say it higher than Ayr. Aye you might win but think anything like that assumes our lads took up the sport for fun last week.

Methinks Iain speaks in jest. As for the big leagues comment, apart from Fraser Mullen some were basically youth players at Premiership clubs, playing Ayr teams regularly. Some of our players have a pedigree beyond that.

Edited by RedEd

9 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

If somebody did put together a team of guys who just took up the sport for fun last week I still don't actually think Ayr would score eleven goals. Looking forward to a competitive match. 😀

12 hours ago, Iain said:

If somebody did put together a team of guys who just took up the sport for fun last week I still don't actually think Ayr would score eleven goals. Looking forward to a competitive match. 😀

Ashford would set a club record for shots off target in that scenario 

27 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Ayr are understandably red hot favourites on current form to win easily -we just have to hope we can make it a decent game.Our form recently has been all over the place so who knows.

I can assure you any of us who were at the Talbot game a few years ago are taking nothing for granted.

4 hours ago, JohnGAYR said:

I can assure you any of us who were at the Talbot game a few years ago are taking nothing for granted.

I hope Bully has shown the current squad the video of our game against Talbot - the warning signs are flashing red imv - injuries to key players like Musonda, Kirk and O'Connor plus a defence that seems capable of conceding against anyone nevermind a fairly decent side from the lower reaches of the Scottish game. Yep, I'm taking f**k all for granted here. 

On 24/11/2022 at 16:49, cmontheloknow said:

Any big, non-league cloggers who might fancy roughing up a big striker by any chance?

Asking for a friend.