Hearts vs Kilmarnock 17th December: The Advent Calendar

On 12/12/2022 at 09:24, topcat(The most tip top) said:

5 sleeps to go

And it’s the 1920 Scottish Cup winning Kilmarnock side but in colour featuring Willy Culley the clubs all time record goal scorer. 

6308025E-C636-4DE3-9441-FB82754F8888.thumb.jpeg.54f82a3107c97a4509acda8767c66011.jpeg

Matha Shortt my great, great, great uncle. His son Matt showed me his cup winners medal many many years ago. Don’t know who owns it now. 

5 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Matha Shortt my great, great, great uncle. His son Matt showed me his cup winners medal many many years ago. Don’t know who owns it now. 

You'd think he'd look happier in the photo though. Imagine the team photos from seasons where they hadn't done well!

I had looked up Kilmarnock's leading goal scorer on google and some sites claim it was Kris Boyd. I was quite relieved to find a better option

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Only 3 sleeps left
and it's the celebrations after the 1997 Scottish Cup Final. Legend has it that the celebrations were so exuberant that people were caught actually having sex in the street the previous evening.

This is a family friendly Advent calendar so I've chosen a picture of the parade instead

0_Scottish-Cup-victory-parade.jpg

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

My second favourite advent calendar of the year, just behind boobychristmas.com

I'm sure you understand, topcat.

As I say I’m running a family friendly Safe For Work operation here

other advent calendars can make their own editorial decisions 

2 Sleeps to go
and one year on from yesterday's picture it was finally Dalry Road's turn for a parade

Just beyond the petrol station you night make out "The Clock Inn" a pub so dodgy that knocking it down to make a car park for Lidl constituted spectacular gentrification

hearts-scottish-cup-celebrations-image-1-33360625.jpg

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Tbf her dad managed us, her uncle was our chairman, her husband played for us, her father in law played for us/was our goalie coach and her brother in law is our current goalie coach!

So what you're saying is...
Either she supports Killie or Christmas is going to be really awkward

1 sleep to go and it’s an unfortunate change to the schedule. Leslie Deans the former hearts Chairman, who was into falling out with Chris Robinson before it was cool, passed away yesterday. In later years he was the go to guy for the Scottish tabloids when they wanted a spicy hearts related quote 

4BAACCE5-FC4E-481D-9D69-12CE6D71BC8B.jpeg.bb0a6866380d424bd76c727a773d2387.jpeg

5 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

1 sleep to go and it’s an unfortunate change to the schedule. Leslie Deans the former hearts Chairman, who was into falling out with Chris Robinson before it was cool, passed away yesterday. In later years he was the go to guy for the Scottish tabloids when they wanted a spicy hearts related quote 

4BAACCE5-FC4E-481D-9D69-12CE6D71BC8B.jpeg.bb0a6866380d424bd76c727a773d2387.jpeg

He looks like he's wearing Uncle Jack's hands

FazeXCGXoAUq9bw.jpg:large