Hearts vs Kilmarnock 17th December: The Advent Calendar

19 more sleeps and today's blast from the past is the sign from the old Gorgie Road end. I always thought it had a Wild West feel about it probably because of the choice of font. Like Wagon Wheel Biscuits and Texan Chew Bars

Hearts Heritage on Twitter: "The old 'Heart of Midlothian Football Club  Plc. Tynecastle Park' sign https://t.co/zCThjRKOvJ" / Twitter

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

30 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

19 more sleeps and today's blast from the past is the sign from the old Gorgie Road end. I always thought it had a Wild West feel about it probably because of the choice of font. Like Wagon Wheel Biscuits and Texan Chew Bars

Hearts Heritage on Twitter: "The old 'Heart of Midlothian Football Club  Plc. Tynecastle Park' sign https://t.co/zCThjRKOvJ" / Twitter

I was talking to a mate about this sign the other day. He was saying that apparently it just got chucked away. Strikes me as a bit sad the club didn't do something with it. Not sure what, but just chucking it out in the rubbish seems a bit of a shame.

10 minutes ago, DoingThe42 said:

I was talking to a mate about this sign the other day. He was saying that apparently it just got chucked away. Strikes me as a bit sad the club didn't do something with it. Not sure what, but just chucking it out in the rubbish seems a bit of a shame.

There was loads of other bits of the old stadium that got auctioned off but I guess nobody had space in their shed for a bit of memorabilia that big

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Love the font, straight from a 'Wanted' poster in Westerns. :cowboy

51 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Love the font, straight from a 'Wanted' poster in Westerns. :cowboy

With the Weird Gothic font for the initials on the Crest at the time it's clear that someone at the club really liked their Letraset back in the day
Luckily this phase had passed before Comic Sans became an option

9 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There was loads of other bits of the old stadium that got auctioned off but I guess nobody had space in their shed for a bit of memorabilia that big

I’ve a brick & a couple of chairs from the Archibald Leitch stand! The brick is on my desk & I’ve had zero inspiration to do owt with seats thus far 😴

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

What save right at the death 

Doubt Bobby Ferguson has ever had to buy a pint in Killie after that save. When people talk about that game they talk about the save as much as the two goals!

Edit, I should explain for context, the only score by which we could have won the league was 0-2. That save really was vital!

Edited by deadasdillinger

18 sleeps to go and It's current Edinburgh Estate Agent and former Hearts and Killie Player Gary Wales. 64 appearances for hearts, 103 for Killie

When he was leaving Hamilton Academicals he was expected to go to the English lower leagues until Hearts intervened allowing the Edinburgh Evening news to run the headline "Jefferies captures Wales from the English". That pun alone made him a great signing

Gary Wales

48 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

18 sleeps to go and It's current Edinburgh Estate Agent and former Hearts and Killie Player Gary Wales. 64 appearances for hearts, 103 for Killie

When he was leaving Hamilton Academicals he was expected to go to the English lower leagues until Hearts intervened allowing the Edinburgh Evening news to run the headline "Jefferies captures Wales from the English". That pun alone made him a great signing

Gary Wales

For some reason, I most remember Gary Wales as being the person who gave away the injury time free kick that Shinsuke Nakamura scored to win Celtic the league at Rugby Park. We only had seconds to go.

Random thing to remember him for but was just so annoyed at the time that he gave them that chance when we knew what Nakamura was capable of. Such a stupid foul.

14 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

For some reason, I most remember Gary Wales as being the person who gave away the injury time free kick that Shinsuke Nakamura scored to win Celtic the league at Rugby Park. We only had seconds to go.

Random thing to remember him for but was just so annoyed at the time that he gave them that chance when we knew what Nakamura was capable of. Such a stupid foul.

Hopefully if he ever sells you a house the conveyancing doesn't fall through at the last minute

17 Sleeps left
Mark Ridgers was seldom used understudy to Jamie McDonald (who will probably appear later) at Tynecastle and then even more rarely used cover for Michael McGovern at Rugby Park. There's wont be many fans of either club who could pick him out of a police line up

He finally found his true calling back at his home town club in Inverness

Mark Ridgers embracing inner fan while on the sideline at ...