Cove v Dunipace

CoveRangers1922

Not expecting many Dunipace fans on here but likely still outnumber the Cove P&B posters!

A home draw against a tier 7 club was perhaps the most favourable draw possible. Unsure what Dunipace will think of the draw as there's bigger championship clubs for attendances and revenue gained  and there's others teams left that in the draw that would be an easier passage to the next round.

Will be a much changed Cove starting XI. I doubt Mitch, Fyvie, Sanders, Logan, Scully will feature at all.

In will come at least some of the following; Kyle Gourlay, Morgyn Neill, Scott Ross, Iain Vigurs, Leighton McIntosh, Robbie Leitch, Jamie Masson, Evan Towler. 

Watched the highlights of the Pace's win against Turriff in the 2nd round and they scored some impressive goals to be fair. Hope all fans making the journey enjoy the occasion.

I'm planning on missing this one and going to see Broch v Arbroath instead. Will be my first home game missed since COVID stopped fans attending.

Dunipace are one of the more intriguing clubs in Scottish football.

Literally a few years back pre Covid,  they playing out of two portacabins. Think there might have a brick building/dressing rooms that the local neds decided it was fun to torch. Think the ground was their 4th of 5th pitch over about 50 years. The pitch itself had a slope but not goal mouth to goal mouth but side to side. Think one corner flag spot was three feet higher than the other on the same byeline. 

Dunipace had originally been in the Stirlingshire Junior League and when that folded they went West to the Central League although really being in the Greater Falkirk area.

My last memory of them was playing in the West Central Junior Leagues in front of 30 or 40 punters. You couldn't get much lower than that in the Junior football world.

Vague hints about being on a waiting list for a plastic pitch and floodlights. Remember thinking, good luck lads you'll be waiting a long long time on that fairy tale.

Maybe a season or two before the West Region of the Juniors woke up to the pyramid Dunipace slipped quietly away to the EoSFL.

I don't think anyone in the West Region even said goodbye or even noticed they'd left.

Well in the end Dunipace did get their plastic pitch and floodlights.

And into the big Scottish Cup.

So to Dunipace I'll say respect and good wishes.

Fairy tales do sometimes come true.

Edited by PossilYM

10 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Literally a few years back pre Covid,  they playing out of two portacabins. Think there might have a brick building/dressing rooms that the local neds decided it was fun to torch. Think the ground was their 4th of 5th pitch over about 50 years. The pitch itself had a slope but not goal mouth to goal mouth but side to side. Think one corner flag spot was three feet higher than the other on the same byeline. 

Thats utter bollocks.

They have a serial winner as a manager I wouldn’t get too comfortable but I think you’ll handle them fine.

Getting this far is an unbelievable achievement for them, on top of winning a cup last year!

Danny Smith continues to write history at this level after winning everything he could as a player as captain of Linlithgow Rose. Always look out for the paces result, he really is one of the best people in non league football.

On 25/11/2022 at 10:26, PossilYM said:

Dunipace had originally been in the Stirlingshire Junior League and when that folded they went West to the Central League although really being in the Greater Falkirk area.

My last memory of them was playing in the West Central Junior Leagues in front of 30 or 40 punters. You couldn't get much lower than that in the Junior football world.

Vague hints about being on a waiting list for a plastic pitch and floodlights. Remember thinking, good luck lads you'll be waiting a long long time on that fairy tale.

Maybe a season or two before the West Region of the Juniors woke up to the pyramid Dunipace slipped quietly away to the EoSFL.

I don't think anyone in the West Region even said goodbye or even noticed they'd left.

Well in the end Dunipace did get their plastic pitch and floodlights.

And into the big Scottish Cup.

So to Dunipace I'll say respect and good wishes.

Fairy tales do sometimes come true.

Beyond pish!

Pace have been playing at Westfield for over 50 years and before that at Carronbank for eons.

Think you are talking about a completely different club.