Warzone 2.0

BaSeDG0DSA1NT

Anyone on here playing?

I just started a few days back and was intrigued to hear how you guys were finding the game.

It's similar to previous Warzones from launch, quite a few bugs but I'm so far enjoying it.

A few new additions that are either live or hate, proximity chat, new gulag, nukes.

Anyone got any wins, favourite landing spots, classes, any tips appreciated?

I've downloaded it and been playing off and on for a week or so.  It's...alright.  They've made a good few wee additions that make it feel different enough, not to mention the new map (although I'm not feeling this map quite as much as the first one, early days though).  I'm still unbelievably shite at the game though, so Battle Royale solos is utterly pointless. Managed 2 13th place finishes in my first two games by just being a shitebag, and then it's been high 100s ever since.  Delved into trios and quads yesterday and happy to see people aren't demanding you get on mic and roleplay sodjers with them.  Also gave DMZ a go, and I think that might be where I end up spending most of my time.  Decent mix of AI and user, although I've still no fucking idea what's going on.

But above all else, the chat can get in the fucking sea.  I forgot how miserable it is playing a relatively popular online game where everyone can show how much of a c**t they are.

I have been playing it along side MW as it gives access. In all honesty I'm pretty underwhelmed, the game series doesn't seem to have moved on at all since I last bothered which was Black Ops 3 about 10 years ago. If Battlefield hadn't gone all in with the future stuff I'd probably have spent my money there as BF V was superb. Daft stuff like being in a tank and not being able to go through a road sign. It is clearly an unfinished product as well, which is sadly the norm these days as they rush things to market.

The thing that frustrates me the most is the obvious price gouging that is going on within it for what is essentially the Fifa of first person shooters. The franchise has hardly moved on and it is becoming very lazy. £99.99 for the battle pass when you've already paid £50 for the game, plus all the other add ons that will no doubt appear later. It is also far far too easy with the auto aim nonsense and UAVs showing you exactly where everyone is. I'm maybe just yurning back to my younger days playing MOH Spearhead.......

Yeah, if I'd bought MW with it, I'd probably feel the same.  Seeing the Battle Pass at £99 is fucking ridiculous - wasn't it like £15 for the original?  I'm sure I bought one because it made sense with how much I was playing, and it seemed reasonable enough to be able to work towards earning it for the next season.  The saving grace is that you can download Warzone, and play it eternally for free, supported by those that want to chuck money at it.  I'm not sure I'd be playing it if I had to buy a copy of Warzone.

Think it needs a patch or two.  That loot window can get in the bin as can the backpack.  Don’t mind the pace being slower, but the AI system is daft.  Hopefully they add servers without AI, or a warzone classic mode.  I have had a laugh with the proximity chat, just scream to your mates that you’ve only got a pistol and watch people charge into buildings to get you.

I didn't play much of the big battle royale maps after Rebirth and then Fortunes Keep were added (doubt I played 5 games on Caldera outwith the Godzilla & King Kong daftness), but I'm enjoying my time so far on the new game. I like the feel of the new game and while it's still a little rough around the edges, it's been good. Liking the new changes to the gulag and proximity chat, especially in the Unhinged mode even if most people you come across don't want to get involved and have a bit of fun. 

Cannot get my head around the new battle pass or gun unlocking system though. Just going with floor loot and picking up fancy looking guns when I kill people. Yet to find out what the 'meta' is. 

35 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:
Is this free yet?

Always has been. Mw2 isn't if that's what you're meaning.

Didn't they turn warzone off until the paying customers get better at it?

I’m confused at people saying the battle pass is £99. Where are you seeing that? I think I paid about £8.79 to get enough COD points to buy the basic battle pass.

I did but MW2 mind you, is that why? Surely to f**k it’s not almost £100 for a battle pass? That can’t be right. You can buy the special edition for £99 which comes with the battle pass I would assume but that’s the game you’re buying as well. 

I’m confused at people saying the battle pass is £99. Where are you seeing that? I think I paid about £8.79 to get enough COD points to buy the basic battle pass.
I did but MW2 mind you, is that why? Surely to f**k it’s not almost £100 for a battle pass? That can’t be right. You can buy the special edition for £99 which comes with the battle pass I would assume but that’s the game you’re buying as well. 

It’s the “vault” battle pass, like a super deluxe version. The basic battle pass you unlock with points isn’t really worth it tbf, but the “vault” version definitely isn’t worth £99.

Why is the basic one not worth it? It allows me to gain XP to get the tokens so I can progress through the levels and get the rewards. What else is there?

Genuine question by the way, I’m wondering what I’m missing? £99 for a battle pass, deluxe or not, is utterly mental.

I think to be (ever, ever so slightly) fair, the £99 one also includes a copy of MW2, so that'd cover for 60-70 of it.  And I guess if you're the type to really get into the multiplayer, that might end up being worth it with the hours you put in.  Expect there's probably other bells and whistles to tempt people into buying, but hey, if it keeps Warzone itself free for the duration and doesn't affect my own experience, they can fire in.

Yeah the vault edition is definitely a MW2 thing, not just Warzone battle pass. I know because I refuse to buy said vault edition and am raging that it's the only way to be able to play as Soap MacTavish in the online multiplayer..

I was also raging that I had to play DMZ in order to unlock a gun for MW2...

I'm not even sure what's going on in DMZ.  Who is AI and who is the player?  What am I supposed to be doing?  Why can I only seemingly carry whatever is in my pockets?  Why does everything have a weirdly pitched monetary value?  Why is the difficulty so fucking random?

I'm not even sure what's going on in DMZ.  Who is AI and who is the player?  What am I supposed to be doing?  Why can I only seemingly carry whatever is in my pockets?  Why does everything have a weirdly pitched monetary value?  Why is the difficulty so fucking random?

You’ll mostly be coming across AI until you have to get to the exfil zone. Players will usually have the option of 1 or 2 exfil locations so once everyone has looted/finished contracts/killed AI they will go to the exfil location and call in a helicopter. That exfil helicopter can be hijacked by folk who are waiting in the exfil area, so it can be a tense, mad rush getting to the helicopter. You aren’t safe when you first board it either, you can be shot out of it if you poke your head out too much.

All the weapons you find/loot in DMZ are instantly unlocked and can be used again in warzone/DMZ. Don’t know if they can be used in main multiplayer, I’ve been told they have been haven’t checked.