🔵Peterhead vs Queen’s Park⚫️⚪️

h_w7864

It’s a break from the league as our Scottish Cup adventure begins with an away tie to Peterhead. It’s been a joy to watch us especially on Saturday after we came back from a 1-0 to win 2-5. Where we a bit lucky on the weekend? Yes but we took our chances really well and the Queens Defence put their bodies on the line. Seen Peterhead haven’t done well this season with them bottom of league 1 and It’s been a disaster off the pitch for them as Jim McInally’s been sacked while also struggling Financially. A bit confident but Peterhead did beat us twice last season at Balmoor so anything can happen.

Coyle will for sure make changes to the starting 11 we played against Raith with a chance for some out of form players and youngsters to impress Coyle. We’ll still play a pretty strong 11 so I’d go with this 11:

Heraghty

Davidson Fox Eze Bruce

Moore Bannon Thomson Savoury 

Murray Williamson

Might be too unrealistic but the majority of the players named will be starting/on the bench. As for a score prediction, Peterhead will make it difficult but we’ll pile more misery North as we coast to another win and advance to the 4th Round

PFC 1-3 QPFC

Edited by h_w7864

Strongest side for me. Can’t take any chances when we’ve a chance of a run or a few quid with a big draw. We’ve got to turn up with the right attitude and avoid any potential custard pies in the face. Scottish Cup is a big thing for the club. 

Trips to Peterhead are generally grim affairs results-wise for your favourites; hopefully there won't be the usual howling gale and we can play some decent football and get over this hurdle.

Chances of there not being a howling gale, Bloo Tooners? I'm guessing somewhere between nane and eff all.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

Normally I’d be concerned about a coach just leaving; bounce-back, job-threat etc. but Peterhead seem to be on a downhill trajectory and it’s hard to imagine a rush of candidates for that job at the moment. So if we prepare well and turn up to win it’ll be okay. Bigger question will be how much OC will tinker/hatchet a winning side given we had a fairly poor run for a while before the last two wins. He keeps reminding us of QP’s history so maybe he’ll fancy our eleventh Cup win this season. As a fan I always want the best team out but a few others need to stretch their legs. What’s the odds for Eze coming back in?

3-0 to the QP.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

6 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Trips to Peterhead are generally grim affairs results-wise for your favourites; hopefully there won't be the usual howling gale and we can play some decent football and get over this hurdle.

Chances of there not being a howling gale, Bloo Tooners? I'm guessing somewhere between nane and eff all.

By November standards, looks like a scorcher ☀️

image.thumb.png.cf4ae5a5b6c7982760f0ee7b284e74c0.png

For the record Jim resigned and was not sacked, he gave us his all for 11 years, personally always said Jim would know when to go and decided now was the time. Not sure where the financial problems came from, yes we dont have a sugar daddy Gretnaesque but the club is well run and we get along ok. This season has been a struggle after 14 good players moved on in the close season  Savoury being one and we struggled to field a team in the league not being able to field trialists and that carried on to the start of the league. May not have the new manager in for Saturday but Davy Nicholls has said he will cover until one is in place.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

For the record Jim resigned and was not sacked, he gave us his all for 11 years, personally always said Jim would know when to go and decided now was the time. Not sure where the financial problems came from, yes we dont have a sugar daddy Gretnaesque but the club is well run and we get along ok. This season has been a struggle after 14 good players moved on in the close season  Savoury being one and we struggled to field a team in the league not being able to field trialists and that carried on to the start of the league. May not have the new manager in for Saturday but Davy Nicholls has said he will cover until one is in place.

My mistake.

Sadly not going to make this one. But feel we need to do what’s needed to get through. Either a big away day in the next round or a wee run of a couple more rounds is at stake - it’s the cup and means a lot. 

I’d personally allow Murray, M. Boateng, Robson and Thomas the afternoon off. But everyone one else should/could feature in some capacity. 

If it were up to me, I’d go with the following XI in a 4-4-2.

Ferrie, Bannon, Eze, Fox, Bruce, Longridge, Jarrett, Thomson, Savoury, Williamson, Kenny 

I agree with testing some cover for the team - maybe Heraghty should get.a start. A Fox/Eze partnership might be interesting - with Charlie's instinct to marshal the defence , it might be just what Eze needs. However, it would be a shame to leave Kilday out as he has been pretty damn good this season. Up front maybe Williamson should get a full game under his belt. Williamson scored three and had two assists in today's Reserve League Cup demolition of Dundee (1-5). 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/dundee-1-queens-park-5/?fbclid=IwAR0-sSB7vZX39ZefQW_XRqPudwOpCKQpfYwJa6PPVfwqWcRmghmwuMJPdYI

Edited by GM1867
Update

On 21/11/2022 at 11:46, h_w7864 said:

It’s a break from the league as our Scottish Cup adventure begins with an away tie to Peterhead. It’s been a joy to watch us especially on Saturday after we came back from a 1-0 to win 2-5. Where we a bit lucky on the weekend? Yes but we took our chances really well and the Queens Defence put their bodies on the line. Seen Peterhead haven’t done well this season with them bottom of league 1 and It’s been a disaster off the pitch for them as Jim McInally’s been sacked while also struggling Financially. A bit confident but Peterhead did beat us twice last season at Balmoor so anything can happen.

Coyle will for sure make changes to the starting 11 we played against Raith with a chance for some out of form players and youngsters to impress Coyle. We’ll still play a pretty strong 11 so I’d go with this 11:

Heraghty

D. Boateng Naismith Eze Bruce

Longridge Bannon Thomson Moore

Savoury

Williamson

Might be too unrealistic but the majority of the players named will be starting/on the bench. As for a score prediction, Peterhead will make it difficult but we’ll pile more misery North as we coast to another win and advance to the 4th Round

PFC 1-3 QPFC

That’s a bold lineup 🤣🤣 

The only players that I’d change from Saturday would be Williamson and Savoury coming in. Would probably swap  McPake and Jarrett out for them. Nothing to do with those guys recent performances as they’ve contributed really well the last month but they’re probably the most interchangeable positions in our lineup currently. 

Keep Murray in the team please. He’s on a hot streak with goals and he’ll be licking his lips at the prospect of playing against this side. Last time he was rested against Cliftonville, he didn’t score for 8 games afterwards. If the game were midweek I’d rest him but let keep momentum going in what is a big month of fixtures coming up. 

Peterhead seem a shambles this season. I’d be shocked if we don’t win this in all honesty 

10 hours ago, qpfc said:

That’s a bold lineup 🤣🤣 

The only players that I’d change from Saturday would be Williamson and Savoury coming in. 

Agreed.

Not sure why anyone would want to take a wrecking ball to the team just as we're building up a bit of a momentum. Especially when it's one of most prestigious cup competitions in the world and our win record at Peterhead is pretty abysmal - only two wins up there since they joined the SFL back in 2000. Writing off the opposition is usually when a team gets a bloody nose. They'll be right up for this.

We should be going full strength imo but there is no doubt Coyle will make a few changes. Probably similar to Cliftonville.   

On 22/11/2022 at 07:28, peternapper said:

yes we dont have a sugar daddy Gretnaesque but the club is well run and we get along ok. 

Only page one of the thread and Gretna mentioned already. Fair play 😉 (to be fair, there's a good chance you're still better run off the park than we are)

13 hours ago, qpfc said:

That’s a bold lineup 🤣🤣 

The only players that I’d change from Saturday would be Williamson and Savoury coming in. Would probably swap  McPake and Jarrett out for them. Nothing to do with those guys recent performances as they’ve contributed really well the last month but they’re probably the most interchangeable positions in our lineup currently. 

Keep Murray in the team please. He’s on a hot streak with goals and he’ll be licking his lips at the prospect of playing against this side. Last time he was rested against Cliftonville, he didn’t score for 8 games afterwards. If the game were midweek I’d rest him but let keep momentum going in what is a big month of fixtures coming up. 

Peterhead seem a shambles this season. I’d be shocked if we don’t win this in all honesty 

Just changed it, had a bit of a thought and we’d probably play that sort of lineup against instead vMontrose in the Challenge Cup. It’s more realistic 

Instinct is to start with the strongest 11, win the tie and progress as far as possible in the Cup.

Taking a big picture view, if we do not trust the Young QP players to be tested this weekend, when do they get their chance. As we will need to play them at some point later in the season.