​​​​​Dundee vs. Airdrie - Scottish Cup R3

RossBFaeDundee

38 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Thought Airdrie looked decent, not the worst team to come to Dens this season, sending off changed the game. Why Byrne was taken off for Grayson??

Quite a few reasons IMO. We made 7 subs. Grayson is a little bit more forward thinking. The midfield was also terrible defensively as were the defence. Byrne wasn't up to much today IMO.

Thought Robertson's contribution was better than Grayson and Byrne's though.

Airdrie's attacking movement was much better than some of the Championship sides we've faced this season. Quite quick on the counter and whilst disappointing from our perspective, they were 2 well made and well taken goals they scored.

Quite lucky their keeper had an absolute nightmare for our first 2 goals and that they ran completely out of steam with us showing our depth and fitness.

Edited by Ludo*1

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I wouldn't know tbh mate, did you see our defence on your second goal?

The scoreline is obviously bad, but there's no doubt you were well in that until ET. I'd expect you to pick up form in the league soon if you keeping attacking like that.

That’s been our issue all season, we’re very attacking and generally look dangerous against most teams, just so soft at the back. I’m not reading too much into extra time, I think Dundee could have scored as many as they wanted by that point, but no doubt they deserved to go on and win from there.

I enjoyed that as a day out though. It was a pretty even game overall, Dundee perhaps having the ball in our half a bit more but I rarely felt like they were going to score during the 90 minutes. I felt we were worthy of the draw and the second half was a good cup tie with both teams really going for it. It was nice to be back at a ground we’ve not played at for a while too, makes not turning up in the play-off final last season even more annoying.

Airdrie didn't deserve that. Handball by McMullan for the equaliser and never a red card, is Ballantyne just mean't to disappear into thin air? 
Anyway, good luck to Dundee in the next round. 

I sympathise with Ballantyne, more Jakubiak running into him than the other way around but when you’re on a yellow…..
Like others have said Airdrie impressed today.
One question - how come Bartletts don’t sponsor you, is he not a gazzillionair?

37 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I sympathise with Ballantyne, more Jakubiak running into him than the other way around but when you’re on a yellow…..
Like others have said Airdrie impressed today.
One question - how come Bartletts don’t sponsor you, is he not a gazzillionair?

They do, to some extent.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

That should see Airdrie top the FLOV this week I reckon.

Is there a week when they don't?

"There was also a rangers fan involved, apparently, who was just trying to cause trouble."

Edited by johnnydun

Quite a few reasons IMO. We made 7 subs. Grayson is a little bit more forward thinking. The midfield was also terrible defensively as were the defence. Byrne wasn't up to much today IMO.
Thought Robertson's contribution was better than Grayson and Byrne's though.
Can't disagree with your comment about Robertson, also felt Cameron made a difference as well.
Felt for the 1st 10-15 mins after Byrne was replaced by Grayson we seemed particularly vulnerable in the centre of defence.
Different viewpoints I suppose.

Are people seriously debating whether Ballantyne deserved that 2nd yellow? It's as blatant as they come, takes the easy option of deliberately stepping towards the Dundee player to stop his run instead of actually turning and going with the runner. He is a total liability, 3 red cards by November is unacceptable (or at least would be in a team where we had an alternative..).

3 hours ago, Diamond8 said:

Dean Lyness should never play for us again. He's gifted the opposition goals, twice yesterday, once against Peterhead and twice against Edinburgh. 

Used to think he was a decent keeper when I've seen him before at other clubs.

What a mess he made of yesterday though.