​​​​​Dundee vs. Airdrie - Scottish Cup R3

RossBFaeDundee

Right then, the magic of the cup and all that. We're chugging along fine enough at home in the league and have a decent wee streak going, while Airdrie have a little unbeaten streak of their own. Their record away from home this season leaves plenty to be desired though, with their away win over lowly Clyde a fortnight ago being their first since July.

Still, not an opponent to sniff at and our players will need to be up for it. Hopefully it goes similarly to the Falkirk game, where they played well but once the storm was weathered it was simple stuff from there. As always though, any win will do.

During our unbeaten streak we haven't played particularly great and our last 3 games have been against the bottom 3 sides of the division. Our away games this year we've only beaten Clyde and Peterhead. Scoring goals isn't a problem for us but we are very soft in midfield and weak in defense. 

I think Dundee will be too strong especially with your good home record and will comfortably win 2/3-0. We have no squad depth and virtually no bench so if we can get through this game without any injuries or suspensions that's the main thing. 

If the game was at home I'd be feeling more confident as our home record is pretty good and we beat St Mirren 2-0 in the cup in July. Will be a tough ask to beat 3rd in the championship away from home. Would need Dundee to miss a barrell load of chances and LJ and Gal to be on fire.

On 21/11/2022 at 11:09, David Fernández said:

If the game was at home I'd be feeling more confident as our home record is pretty good and we beat St Mirren 2-0 in the cup in July. Will be a tough ask to beat 3rd in the championship away from home. Would need Dundee to miss a barrell load of chances and LJ and Gal to be on fire.

giphy.gif 

17 hours ago, RawB93 said:

A town that is a pube on Glasgow's ballsack and a fanbase that wishes it was a haemorrhoid on Sevco's arsehole.

A genuinely pathetic little club.

4-0.

The spirit of McGonagall lives on in Dundee I see.

Can's see us getting anything from this but should be a good game, better than going out to a team in League 1 anyway

image.thumb.png.49bdd68f4f7d7da2b97edb43977cc66e.png

The best advice I could give to any Airdrie fans traveling through today is find yourself employment and stay as a matter of urgency.

Leave your old friends and family behind - they won't understand, they're still trapped in the bubble. Sleep rough in the beginning if you need to. No one can force you to go back but it is up to you to make your new life work. Salvation is just the other side of Fife. It can be difficult leaving, but today's journey is the first big step and when you find yourself up in that Main Stand, I want you to take a deep breath in through your nose, smell the freedom and say aloud "I deserve this". Grab the opportunity with both hands and don't look back. 

On 23/11/2022 at 05:46, RawB93 said:

A town that is a pube on Glasgow's ballsack and a fanbase that wishes it was a haemorrhoid on Sevco's arsehole.

A genuinely pathetic little club.

4-0.

Could be worse we could be living in the shaddow of a much bigger club right on our doorstep.