Inverness CT v Dundee

Just now, sophia said:

I'll endeavour to catch up with him after he's completed his accountancy task of totalling the extent of the dark blue pound which, funnily enough, will help pay his and Mr Dodds' wages.

That wasn't really the question though was it but if you are comforted by whataboutery then who am I to judge.

You have to agree, singing Rangers songs is naff at a minimum but at least it wasn't a Gerry Cinnamon based chant

Glad to see this is all you have to go on tonight.

Hope you have a shit evening.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Why do you think he would need to open his window to see outside?  What sort of glass do you think he has?

Good for you on you and your semantics but I fear you missed the joke 

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Did worry about today's game - more to do with our historic form against Caley than anything else - glad my fears were unfounded.

And when was the last time we won 4 in a row in the league?

When it became established that your centre half was dominating our striker the penalty area, there wasn't much left for my team.

Dundee didn't have to do much of anything at all to consolidate after the one moment of real interest in the game.

One could offer an opinion on what Duffy should've / could've done but kudos to McMullen on his skill and finish.

Good to be back at the Caledonian Stadium. It wasn't a classic game by any means and thought both sides had their moments but generally cancelled each other out, but for one moment of class. Clean game as well.

Can't argue with the score, the McMullan's goal was a peach and ended up making the difference in the end. For me McMullan deserved man of the match not just for his goal but for his workrate just ahead of Mulligan of Dundee and Devine for ICT who was solid. Impressed with both Mulligan and Williamson at Dundee, especially Josh Mulligan's work rate in the first half, worked his socks off. Dan MacKay and Nathan Shaw for Inverness impressed me. Dan MacKay was the only player that caused Dundee problems with his movement and pace especially in the first half, he also drew a few fouls for trips and jersey pulling shame his passing and end product wasn't great,. What I saw of Shaw was he didn't put a foot wrong, he's going to be a very good player in the future.

Dundee look like they have the framework of a decent group of young players to build around. it will be interesting to see if Boyer strengthens in January, might have to the way Queen's Park are going. Thought I recognised Scott Paterson as one of the Dundee coaching staff.

For the patched up Inverness side I didn't think we had a bad game, just lacked overall quality with the players available. Once players return from injury I'm quietly confident that a lot of this lost ground in the table will be made up.

Might get back into visiting grounds around the country again. The one true litmus test of looking after the football supporter is the food available, so mainly finger pointing at the pastry delights of each ground which is the cornerstone of any food catering at a any football ground, so why not start at Inverness my home city. If there's one thing that can be said about it after scoffing a steak pie which apparently a first glance was a reasonable £2.50. On first eye to pie observation the pie looked overcooked and the lid appeared to have sunk down to about half the hight of the sides which didn't bode well for the contents. Probably unneessary because it goes better with a scotch pie I without consideration covered the lid in brown sauce, I quicky realised that this was a no no for a steak pie and such a blasphemy will not be repeated.

Taking the first bite I wasn't wrong about the pie being overcooked, not just overcooked but heated up far too fast The outside of the base wasn't soggy just lacked the strength to hold the contents hence the arse started to fall out of it as soon as I took that first bite, thank goodness for the tin foil cup it was sitting in. The contents were just two small pieces of steak both about the size of a finger nail and the rest was all hot gravy, is this normal in the current economic climate, I felt burned? Taste wise it was a bit meh but let down by a lack of filling and that most of the inside of the pastry wasn't cooked properly hence it behaving like how we hope the England defence ends up vs Senegal later today. it was a good start for comparison's sake if nothing else, however there surely can't be much worse than this.

Plenty of better snack choices on the way to the stadium of better value, a couple of garages and also a couple of burger vans in the car parks of both Wickes and B&Q so no surprise the one queue was very short.

I forgot my phone so was unable to take a photo of the stake pie so you'll have to take my word for it.

Rated 4/10

Edited by approximately dave

18 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Great to hear Dodds the rat getting abuse throughout the ninety.

Well done the away support.

Thank you.

Thing is, so obsessed were our visitors from the self styled "yes city" with an ex employee and stalwart player, they completely omitted to join the righteous in the north stand in their loudly declared opprobrium for (not so) wee DRoss. Imagine missing such an open goal to deliver a robust political message!

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

Thing is, so obsessed were our visitors from the self styled "yes city" with an ex employee and stalwart player, they completely omitted to join the righteous in the north stand in their loudly declared opprobrium for (not so) wee DRoss. Imagine missing such an open goal to deliver a robust political message!

We abused one wee, fat, money hungry moron. You took care of the other.

Some of us didn't ignore the other wee c**t.

I think what we saw yesterday was that it wasn't down to injuries that we lost that game.  That team looked totally uncoached, totally unorganised and totally unmotivated.  Rumours of players wanting to leave, not getting on with the coaching staff and one allegedly on strike don't fall out of the sky.