Inverness CT v Dundee

This will be my first football match for years so really looking forward to it.

But do we need to bring torches to find our way out of the stadium at the end of the game as the floodlights will be shut off sharpish maybe as soon as the ref blows the final whistle? As reported in yesterday's P&J the leki bills are crippling.

Does anyone think that if Dundee go 3 nil up with ICT playing absolute dogshit will the lights unexpectedly and unexplainably go off even earlier?

On 29/11/2022 at 18:09, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No-one - not even you.

emoji8.png

But there is one poster who does show leanings towards the dark side.

As intrigued as I am, I'm not at all sure to whom you referring so I'm going to apply an alphabetical strategy 

Trip down memory lane here. I never saw these two giants of Scottish football play against each other up in Inverness until Boxing Day 2009, just over one month after Dundee beat Inverness in the Challenge Cup Final 3-2. This one finished 1-1 in Arctic conditions with Griffiths scoring first for Dundee - penalty and then Rooney replying for ICT. The game was remembered for Gary Harkins getting sent off, but I can't remember what for. Understandably not many fans, especially away fans braving the conditions to turn up for this.

Not much in the way of official footage on YT but found this fan effort -

DSC_0106.thumb.JPG.7def93a789771a4a71aeed0458ee7488.JPGDSC_0107.thumb.JPG.51ecf0a762ecb6a770b11070a42c6481.JPG

Looking back at both squads it really shows the strength in depth both clubs had even at this level compaired to now.

50 minutes ago, RiG said:

I think they are one and the same aren't they?

Well, the P&J belongs to the Dundee publisher of the Beano and the Courier. As far as I know the Courier and the P&J look very similar, probably due to both titles being printed in Dundee.  Whereas the editorial independence of the two papers may still be anchored in Aberdeen for the P&J, and Dundee for the Courier that might preclude saying that they are the same.  I could quite easily be gibbering pish, and no doubt a DC Thomson employee will correct me, but that’s my understanding. 👍

14 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Was that not the game where we had a free kick in the box because Rab Douglas had scuffed out a line in the grass or something?  

Aye, got caught marking out his 6 yard line.

It's a shame the old match threads on here have been sent into the big black and this one would have been interesting to read through again given how key it was to what came next such as TB finally run out of patience with LD-Z and Imrie looked done with Inverness. Both got subbed off.

I did find a few threads on CTO. https://caleythistleonline.com/forum/4-caley-thistle/page/259/

Trip down memory lane here. I never saw these two giants of Scottish football play against each other up in Inverness until Boxing Day 2009, just over one month after Dundee beat Inverness in the Challenge Cup Final 3-2. This one finished 1-1 in Arctic conditions with Griffiths scoring first for Dundee - penalty and then Rooney replying for ICT. The game was remembered for Gary Harkins getting sent off, but I can't remember what for. Understandably not many fans, especially away fans braving the conditions to turn up for this.
Not much in the way of official footage on YT but found this fan effort -
[/url] DSC_0106.thumb.JPG.7def93a789771a4a71aeed0458ee7488.JPGDSC_0107.thumb.JPG.51ecf0a762ecb6a770b11070a42c6481.JPG
Looking back at both squads it really shows the strength in depth both clubs had even at this level compaired to now.

Nick Ross - shudder.

On 29/11/2022 at 18:09, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No-one - not even you.

emoji8.png

But there is one poster who does show leanings towards the dark side.

Who?

By the way, I've noticed there's a Dundee fan in the politics forum who seems to have never posted about football on P&B, certainly never came across him before to the point that I've forgotten his profile name. Surely got to be a wind up that people come on P&B purely to post in the political section and nothing else?!

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Was that not the game where we had a free kick in the box because Rab Douglas had scuffed out a line in the grass or something?  

He used to do that every single game, religiously and it was the first and only time I ever noticed him get pulled up for it. He continued to do it there after. He basically marked his 6 yard line box to match up with the posts.