Inverness CT v Dundee

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Like you I have fond memories of trampolining Dundee, especially when they were 15 points at the top of the league at Christmas and then totally crashed and burned allowing the Famous Caley to win and gain promotion.

As I recall our chant went, '15 points and you fucked it up', at the last Dundee game.

Thanks for that great memory Dundee.

Can you really recall the chant of '15 points and you fucked it up' after we blew a 15 point lead? Some memory on you there old Cromarty to remember such a well thought and unique song of the time.  Impressive.

My first memory of the Inverness was the Diddy team who managed to knock Celtic out the cup twice - being quite an astonishing feat from the pub team from the Highlands. Since then you've been overtaken by the County and routinely get outnumbered in derbies and every home match in comparison with them.

A skewed Giorgi Nemsadze strike at Hampden also sent us through to the Scottish cup final and gave us a European tour infront of an away crowd that could only be described as humiliatingly low.

That's a good memory.

Thank you.

As said to the Hamilton last week, whether we win, draw or lose we'll be finishing above the Caley come the end of the season. Celebrate all you want next weekend; it'll be me with my Tap aff in May swinging it infront of whatever Diddy teams fans we happen to win it against.

As I've mentioned before, on a trip upto Inverness around the Glen Affric area I was sat next to a table of bearded, dungaree wearing fossils who were shouting at the Braveheart speech playing on one of their phones. My mind instantly knew at that point I was in the presence of old backwards bassa' Cromarty.

Thankfully the ICT's purple patch is over and you'll soon be taking the Academical-highway back to where you belong. Lovely area up North but you're not a football town or area and need to f**k off ASAP and leave it to the proper clubs. Stick to shinty and howling at speeches from your new technology.

Thank you.

19 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Like you I have fond memories of trampolining Dundee, especially when they were 15 points at the top of the league at Christmas and then totally crashed and burned allowing the Famous Caley to win and gain promotion.

As I recall our chant went, '15 points and you fucked it up', at the last Dundee game.

Thanks for that great memory Dundee.

That was a great season - it was great to contribute to Dundee going into administration. Hoping we can finish the job this season.

I think the spirit engendered in that season directly led to us lifting the Scottish Cup a few years later, a sight no living Dundee fan has witnessed or will ever witness.

No matter how long they support Dundee, their fans will never achieve a high of the level The Caley fans have experienced in seeing our team lifting Scotland's most prestigious cup trophy. 

How's the planning application for the new stadium coming along, by the way?

16 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

No matter how long they support Dundee, their fans will never achieve a high of the level The Caley fans have experienced in seeing our team lifting Scotland's most prestigious cup trophy. 

How's the planning application for the new stadium coming along, by the way?

There's a thing called history and tradition.

Speaking of history, it's a shame the Highland clearances weren't  completely pulled off to make sure wee dobbers like you wouldnt be kicking about in this day and age.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The only thing I know about Dundee's history is that it somehow managed to blunder into getting half of its population massacred by Oliver Cromwell.

Unlike yourself, I would never dream of using that fact to denigrate fellow Scots in a football match thread, however.

31 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The only thing I know about Dundee's history is that it somehow managed to blunder into getting half of its population massacred by Oliver Cromwell.

Unlike yourself, I would never dream of using that fact to denigrate fellow Scots in a football match thread, however.

Be strange dreams you were having if you were fudpiece.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

That was a great season - it was great to contribute to Dundee going into administration. Hoping we can finish the job this season.

I think the spirit engendered in that season directly led to us lifting the Scottish Cup a few years later, a sight no living Dundee fan has witnessed or will ever witness.

Ah right, this old chat.

Give me a shout when you win the top league, then we can talk.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Speaking of history, it's a shame the Highland clearances weren't  completely pulled off to make sure wee dobbers like you wouldnt be kicking about in this day and age.

Thank you.

You can talk of history. But Caley thistles 26 combined Highland league titles Dundees pre 1994 lowland league titles 1. Not much history there. 

15 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

You can talk of history. But Caley thistles 26 combined Highland league titles Dundees pre 1994 lowland league titles 1. Not much history there. 

Dundee have been Champions of Scotland. They've also been to the semi final of the European Cup. You can only dream of your diddy outfit achieving anything like that. They were also the first team to win the League Cup 2 years running but you're right, not much history there.

1 hour ago, h_w7864 said:

You sure?😏

9E56A2E3-1CB1-4302-811E-2893B37D04DF.jpeg

Mental viewing that Caley still have the 2nd best defensive record in this league even with a complete injury crisis and the utter ineptitude of having jug lugs as boss.

This is an example (much like last season) of a league that nobody deserves to win.............

1 minute ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Dundee have been Champions of Scotland. They've also been to the semi final of the European Cup. You can only dream of your diddy outfit achieving anything like that. They were also the first team to win the League Cup 2 years running but you're right, not much history there.

Sounds good, do you have any photos from your attending and enjoying those days out  you can share?

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thankfully the ICT's purple patch is over and you'll soon be taking the Academical-highway back to where you belong. Lovely area up North but you're not a football town or area and need to f**k off ASAP and leave it to the proper clubs. Stick to shinty and howling at speeches from your new technology.

Here's Dundee over the seasons.

Dundee relegated, Dundee win the Championship, Dundee relegated, Dundee win the Championship, Dundee relegated.

Dundee win the Championship, Dundee relegated.

To save yourself embarrassment I really hope you're not classing Dundee as a proper club.

More of a joke club with all that bouncing up and done you do.

Though have to give you some credit for winning the Scottish Cup 112 years ago.

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

And thats where you are with History and tradition, living in the past.

Those days are gone for Dundee FC and you are, for all to see and know, a Championship club, no more no less as you haven't got the money to be anything else and you find it hard to come to terms with that.

You will never compete with the Celtics, Rangers Hearts etc just as it is for us.

Past glory days will not win you games.