Morton v Queens

Greenacres

Folded like a cheap suit again.

You look at the results from teams Like Montrose and Edinburgh in the Cup and it sums up just how poor the standard is in League 1. The fact that we are languishing in 7th place says it all.

Gibson again omitting himself - when will the penny finally drop?

Answer - it won’t and Management will continue to delude themselves that they have a quality squad.

Question for Queens fans. I was surprised to see Lee Connolly on the subs bench today. I had him marked as a player to watch for the future. Has he been injured?
No. Gibson just isn't playing him for whatever reason. Gibson himself and Connolly are arguably two of our best players and neither are featuring. Thankfully we're doing that well in the league that we can afford not to play our best players though.

Deserved win in the end. There was too much of a gap between our centre backs and midfield in the first half - Queens tactics exploited that well, and so it was far too open a game from our point of view. 1-1 was a fair reflection. 

Gillespie sat deeper in the second half to remove that gap and gave us a fair amount of control. Playing into the swirling wind helped with that too (and hindered us in the first half of course). I don't remember Schwake having anything serious to do until after the second goal. Muirhead's free-kick made up for the header that he had to bury at the far post earlier- he was excellent today. A superb individual goal from King to put some gloss on it at the end too. 

7 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

4-1. I expected nothing less from the pea hearts.

That’s exactly why I refuse to get carried away after good wins over EFC and Montrose. Both teams especially EFC are extremely poor as are the vast majority of the competition in League 1. This squad has no backbone and to lose that 1-4 is frankly an awful result regardless of how well Morton are doing.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:
Question for Queens fans. I was surprised to see Lee Connolly on the subs bench today. I had him marked as a player to watch for the future. Has he been injured?

No. Gibson just isn't playing him for whatever reason. Gibson himself and Connolly are arguably two of our best players and neither are featuring. Thankfully we're doing that well in the league that we can afford not to play our best players though.

That sums up the madness perfectly.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Deserved win in the end. There was too much of a gap between our centre backs and midfield in the first half - Queens tactics exploited that well, and so it was far too open a game from our point of view. 1-1 was a fair reflection. 

Gillespie sat deeper in the second half to remove that gap and gave us a fair amount of control. Playing into the swirling wind helped with that too (and hindered us in the first half of course). I don't remember Schwake having anything serious to do until after the second goal. Muirhead's free-kick made up for the header that he had to bury at the far post earlier- he was excellent today. A superb individual goal from King to put some gloss on it at the end too. 

By the way .... you catch the Darvel score?   😆

23 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

A deflection and 2 set pieces is quite annoying. 

Just as well Alex King skinned your whole team (twice) to score a worldie then. Hope that one counts.