Morton v Queens

Greenacres

Struggling to get any interest in this one - I'm normally super excited for Scottish Cup weekend but given our draw and current league position, I'm just looking to get through this without key injuries or too much a knock to confidence. 

Fortunately given our wild inconsistency we're due to get a doing here before going to East End Park and probably getting a result next weekend. 

That scenario is fine with me. 

1 hour ago, DoonhamerDon said:

Fortunately given our wild inconsistency we're due to get a doing here before going to East End Park and probably getting a result next weekend. 

That scenario is fine with me. 

I would accept this as well. 

Agree with VT this is a loseable tie and we won't even be making any money from it. This is why the away game against some cannon fodder from highland hamlets will always be the superior draw. 

If last week's performance was a one off I'd be confident going into this. But sadly we've put in some really good performances this season only to revert to our shite state the week after. I'm fully expecting that trend to continue tomorrow. As long there are no fresh injuries I'll be happy enough. I of course want to win but highly doubt it'll happen.

Normally head across to Cappielow but can't make tomorrow's game which is a pain.

The key word for Queens this season is "inconsistent" ... which is something of a complete understatement.  Our biggest problems are the back line and keeper - which isn't a great basis to go to the second top side in the Championship with.  Getting a couple of rounds into the big cup is normally a key target with the hope of a share of a big gate somewhere along the line.  However, the decent crowd at Govan earlier in the League Cup has already ticked that box for us so the more important objective is avoiding injuries/suspensions ahead of next week's league game in Fife.

Appointing Imrie appears to have been an inspired move by Morton, prior to that I didn't think there was much between the sides last season.  Strangely, we humped Ayr 3-0 at Somerset in the League Cup group stage at the start of this season but that now looks like one of those mad anomalous results that the LC group stage tends to throw up as sides get their act together following pre-season and that will have no bearing on our fortunes tomorrow.

10 hours ago, madton said:

Am i right in thinking both contracts are up at the end of the season? I doubt Kabia will be offered a new deal but Martindale seems to talk highly of Schwake. Will Brian want to go back to being a backup at a club after playing so much 1st team football?

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/contract-extension-for-brian-schwake/

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/welcome-jaze-kabai/

Both will probably stay with us, Schwake I'm most confident about but you'd be talking into six-figures of compensation for either I think? I'm fairly sure Brian is aware there's a pathway into first team football at this level for him. He's probably two seasons away from being our number 1 

25 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Both will probably stay with us, Schwake I'm most confident about but you'd be talking into six-figures of compensation for either I think? I'm fairly sure Brian is aware there's a pathway into first team football at this level for him. He's probably two seasons away from being our number 1 

There's no guarantee that Livingston will be playing top flight level football in two seasons. I'd be surprised if you didn't offer him a contract just to nail down any compensation money though (which we wouldn't be paying). 

5 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Despite our endless meetings in the League and Challenge Cup, this is our first Scottish Cup meeting since 2008.

Queens won 2-0 that day, which was Brian Wake's debut for Morton. A Queens fan was lifted for being naked in the WDE.

Aye, was at that game ... and every other one all the way to the final, including that mental 4-3 win over Aberdeen in the semi.  Seem to recall it was bloody cold that day, guy must've been on the sauce to want to be (semi) naked in those conditions.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

McKay dropped for McKenna. He also plays Quitongo after getting needlessly sent off last week and we have the better option of Hendrie. Connolly gets sent off stupidly and has barely features since. Some laugh.

The same Hendre who got needlessly sent off at Alloa. I didn't really see what happened with Quitongo last week, but I think he's looked OK since he got back in the side. My main worry is McKenna coming back in but don't want to upset Wullie by abusing players so I'll say no more. The Connolly situation is strange bit I hope it's more a tactical decision than anything else. 

The same Hendre who got needlessly sent off at Alloa. I didn't really see what happened with Quitongo last week, but I think he's looked OK since he got back in the side. My main worry is McKenna coming back in but don't want to upset Wullie by abusing players so I'll say no more. The Connolly situation is strange bit I hope it's more a tactical decision than anything else. 

My point is he never let Connolly right back in the side. I suppose if he chose Hendrie he'd be letting him right back in as well.

Quitongo was ok going forward last week but his lack of positional sense is shocking. If Morton go down his side we could be in bother.