Nairn 3 Cove 0

Waspie

Couldnt get away to Alloa on Saturday so took in the game at Nairn. Nice wee stadium very well maintained, decent programme and excellent food all for £6. Then a really good game with one of the goals of the season from Barron of Nairn, won the ball in the tackle in his own half then ran the length of the park before keeping his cool to slot the ball in. Tony Low also played very well, better than he used to play for Clach.

Watching this game and few other HL games surely the likes of Elgin would be better off not bothering with signing a pile of ex Albion Rovers/Stenny players and just cream off the best of the HL plus a couple of experienced heads from other SFL clubs?

Couldnt get away to Alloa on Saturday so took in the game at Nairn. Nice wee stadium very well maintained, decent programme and excellent food all for £6. Then a really good game with one of the goals of the season from Barron of Nairn, won the ball in the tackle in his own half then ran the length of the park before keeping his cool to slot the ball in. Tony Low also played very well, better than he used to play for Clach.

Watching this game and few other HL games surely the likes of Elgin would be better off not bothering with signing a pile of ex Albion Rovers/Stenny players and just cream off the best of the HL plus a couple of experienced heads from other SFL clubs?

Station park is a nice wee ground, one of the best in the HFL imo.

Anyway about your second point, i dont know if you heard about the takeover fiasco last week with Elgin, but the group that are now in charge will defiently be of the view that local players will be better for Elgin. Forres Manager Steve Patterson is heavilly linked with being Elgins next manager and if he is, we will defiently be seeing some HFL players come Elgin way and i cant say i'd argue with that. Theres some good players in the HFL (aswell as some rotten ones it has to be said, i.e the entire lossie squad) and i'd take alot of the top HFL players to Elgin in a second, but of course would need some players with SFL experience in there. It should be intresting in January to see if there will be HFL players brought in.

I like Station Park as well, it's a nice wee ground. Nairn have a few ex-ICT players in their ranks - Scott Kellacher, David MacRae and Tony Low all play for them, as does the legendary Jim Calder :D . A lot of our fans thought Tony Low should have had more of a chance with us - he flirted with the first team in season 2002/03 and showed up well playing for us at celtic park in the league cup. I remember watching a North Cup game with COunty and he was the best player on the park against a more experienced County side. However, he just couldn't make the step up, a shame.

I'm sure that the likes of the three players I mentioned could do a turn for Elgin, as could some of the players that Pele signed at Forres - Craig MacMillan or Steve Mackay.

I like Station Park as well, it's a nice wee ground. Nairn have a few ex-ICT players in their ranks - Scott Kellacher, David MacRae and Tony Low all play for them, as does the legendary Jim Calder :D . A lot of our fans thought Tony Low should have had more of a chance with us - he flirted with the first team in season 2002/03 and showed up well playing for us at celtic park in the league cup. I remember watching a North Cup game with COunty and he was the best player on the park against a more experienced County side. However, he just couldn't make the step up, a shame.

I'm sure that the likes of the three players I mentioned could do a turn for Elgin, as could some of the players that Pele signed at Forres - Craig MacMillan or Steve Mackay.

Kellacher played in a very effective sweeper rule behind a back 3 in the Nairn game I saw but he was carrying a bit of excess weight (about 3 stone Id say :lol: ) and would need to lose that if he was going to step up.

The likes of Low McMillan or Mackay could step IMO. Maybe too late for somebody like Charlie Brown but he's a guy who could have played senior in the last few seasons.

Archived