FC Edinburgh v Alloa

Well that game was a bit of a punch in the guts, although you could see us throwing it away from them beginning of the second half. It's good to hear how angry Rice is in his post-match interview but it feels like he's hanging Cammy O'Donnell out to dry a little bit. I don't think that anyone would argue that Cammy was stupid to get himself sent off, but the game was running away from us before that point.

There were a good few moments that contributed to us losing that, Cammy getting sent off obviously, but also the penalty miss, Muir not covering himself in glory, Jon Robertson being a bit out of form, and Conor Sammon struggling to hold the ball up (or find his man when he did). I think that the biggest issue, however, is how open our midfield is and how little protection that the central defence is given. All to often we stand off the opposition and let them cross the ball or pick a pass without any pressure being applied. Even in our recent wins this has been a noticeable weakness in our team for significant part of the game. Obviously, we're are scoring a lot of goals but it sometimes seems that we need to rebalance the setup of the team to be a bit less open defensively.

Fingers crossed we get back to winning ways on Friday night.

17 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

McLaren came on at left back to stop Craigen cutting in and swinging it in with his left.

Yes! I could see that but Mclaren ( and i don't like criticizing the lad ) was poor too in that role 

but without Church  Stanger and cawley we hadn't much choice !

no devine or Offord either , if we had these players it may have all been very different

It was embarrasing leaving the ground last night , having to run the gauntlet past Edinburgh supporters some laughing at us 

I even had one wee lad patting me on the shoulder as if to say never mind ! ! , bloody cheek 😆

Broomhill I hope get the backlash on friday , 

44 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

It was embarrasing leaving the ground last night , having to run the gauntlet past Edinburgh supporters some laughing at us 

I even had one wee lad patting me on the shoulder as if to say never mind ! ! , bloody cheek 😆

Broomhill I hope get the backlash on friday , 

The Edinburgh fans can enjoy it while it lasts - personally I'll take solace in the fact that we only have to return there once more this season and pray that either one of us gets promoted - although I'm fairly certain Edinburgh can't play their games at Meadowbank if they are promoted.

I was in really early and chatting to the guys inside. It's just not a fit for purpose stadium. The hoops they're jumping through to use it feel fairly Sisyphean too but that's what you get when it's not your venue. The plans for the stand on the opposite side too are not enough to combat the distance created by the running track from what I see. It'll never have a good view. It has a really weird sound profile. I didn't actually realise the wee guys were in the ground although I could hear them. It sounded like they were far away down one of the neighbouring streets.

Full marks for the FCB-M chairs is the only plus point I'll give. I didn't find a unit price anywhere but I bet there's some FOIA answer from which I can work it out. Pretty sure you could fit them in our main stand. (big dream)

Edited by LeodhasXD

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

The Edinburgh fans can enjoy it while it lasts - personally I'll take solace in the fact that we only have to return there once more this season and pray that either one of us gets promoted - although I'm fairly certain Edinburgh can't play their games at Meadowbank if they are promoted.

I was in really early and chatting to the guys inside. It's just not a fit for purpose stadium. The hoops they're jumping through to use it feel fairly Sisyphean too but that's what you get when it's not your venue. The plans for the stand on the opposite side too are not enough to combat the distance created by the running track from what I see. It'll never have a good view. It has a really weird sound profile. I didn't actually realise the wee guys were in the ground although I could hear them. It sounded like they were far away down one of the neighbouring streets.

Full marks for the FCB-M chairs is the only plus point I'll give. I didn't find a unit price anywhere but I bet there's some FOIA answer from which I can work it out. Pretty sure you could fit them in our main stand. (big dream)

Oh My God Wow GIF