Fraserburgh v Arbroath

Broath Boy

Last met in the cup season 99-2000, game ended 0-0 in Fraserburgh and replay was 3-1 Arbroath, memories from game in Fraserburgh, me and mate sneaked in, auld mannie on gate, had to walk through home fans on way to away end, covered in pies and other fluids, away end game was dull so let’s have a punch up with home fans, game ended in 0, had a sesh in Mintlaw after game, replay, huge support from Fraserburgh, we won 3-1 can’t remember who scored, can’t remember who beat us next round.

im saying an away win, if we can score first keep it tight, 0-2 for Arbroath, best pubs for a sesh, town centre, arrive about 12.30, cheers.

11 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I think you’ll win at a canter. 

No chance. We may win (don’t think we will) but it certainly won’t be at a canter. We can’t score and barely create any chances, playing against a team who will be fired up and score plenty.

Edited by Tattie36

On 16/11/2022 at 21:28, Broath Boy said:

Last met in the cup season 99-2000, game ended 0-0 in Fraserburgh and replay was 3-1 Arbroath, memories from game in Fraserburgh, me and mate sneaked in, auld mannie on gate, had to walk through home fans on way to away end, covered in pies and other fluids, away end game was dull so let’s have a punch up with home fans, game ended in 0, had a sesh in Mintlaw after game, replay, huge support from Fraserburgh, we won 3-1 can’t remember who scored, can’t remember who beat us next round.

im saying an away win, if we can score first keep it tight, 0-2 for Arbroath, best pubs for a sesh, town centre, arrive about 12.30, cheers.

We got Motherwell in the next round and that also went to a replay. Original game was abandoned at half time leading to fights on the A92

Kind of wish I was going now. Other plans have been made though so I can’t.

I think we all would like to see an attacking lineup and starts for Shanks AND Isiaka. However I have a bad feeling that, in Dick’s head, the “must not lose” thought will trump the “must win” and that we’ll see a pretty conservative starting 11. Hope I’m wrong but wouldn’t be surprised to see a 4-6-0.

Shanks has had his chance I think,  think we just need to stick McKenna up there, with Bobby in behind him. I thought Bobby played that role very well at Queens Park but didnt get the chance to play there again with the usual tinkering.

McKenna was hopeless as a centre forward. A waste of a good player.

McKenna as the main striker is an absolute no 

Not going but I’d like to see 442 with shanks and isiaka up top. Can imagine Bobby will be benched. 

id rest tob as he’s been injured and was hopeless last week, I’d give Ricky the day off too. 

gaston 

oakley bits hammy gold 

McKenna tait jacobs linn (but if not hilson) 

shanks isiaka 

Edited by SmokeyJoe

30 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Resting any players in this game would be madness. Strongest possible team needs to start. What that is I’ve no idea. 

Yeah agree with that need a win to get a bit of confidence with our strongest team.

Get the others to have a run out once our 5th goal goes in 😀