Airdrieonians vs Kelty Hearts 19.11.2022

After the 4-0 thumping of Montrose I thought we were going to start to kick on but dropping points at home to Peterhead with a 1-1 draw is incredibly frustrating.

After a terrible start for Kelty it looks like you've started to pick up a bit of form, albeit with last weeks defeat to Montrose. Is scoring goals an issue for Kelty? As you have only scored 14 goals.

In Kelty's last 5 games both teams have scored, which doesn't bode well for ourselves as we haven't won a game in which the opposition has scored in all season.

Looking at the Skybet odds Airdrie currently odds on favourites at 3/4, draw stands at 13/5 and Kelty as underdogs at 3/1.

I'd say a draw seems the most likely outcome for the game probably a 1-1. I think this will also be the first time Kelty will be visiting New Broomfield.

2 hours ago, David Fernández said:

After the 4-0 thumping of Montrose I thought we were going to start to kick on but dropping points at home to Peterhead with a 1-1 draw is incredibly frustrating.

After a terrible start for Kelty it looks like you've started to pick up a bit of form, albeit with last weeks defeat to Montrose. Is scoring goals an issue for Kelty? As you have only scored 14 goals.

In Kelty's last 5 games both teams have scored, which doesn't bode well for ourselves as we haven't won a game in which the opposition has scored in all season.

Looking at the Skybet odds Airdrie currently odds on favourites at 3/4, draw stands at 13/5 and Kelty as underdogs at 3/1.

I'd say a draw seems the most likely outcome for the game probably a 1-1. I think this will also be the first time Kelty will be visiting New Broomfield.

Putting the ball in the net is our problem , plenty chances but not taking them or worldly saves and then giving away stupid goals , take a draw right now 

Mon Kelty 

23 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Hostage to fortune or bold prediction or reliable analysis of Airdrie season so far? I'm not sure about Kelty mind you?

All we need is a 25 goal a season striker and we will be fine😂😂 , thought you guys started well at Kelty and thought we were in for a hiding but then Kelty quickly got the measure of you , same again please 

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

All we need is a 25 goal a season striker and we will be fine😂😂 , thought you guys started well at Kelty and thought we were in for a hiding but then Kelty quickly got the measure of you , same again please 

Can't see many of the 25 goal guys around indeed, and maybe this time we'll score early enough to relax. Hope you enjoy all the other games this season.

Big game for Airdrie today as a defeat would put us under real pressure bearing in mind our tough upcoming December fixtures and no doubt defeat would increase the calls for us to ditch Rhys. Of course a win would see us back in the play off mix and put sizeable gap between us and Kelty.

Limited options still for team selection but i would expect McMaster to come in for Devenny as our only change from last week.

39 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Big game for Airdrie today as a defeat would put us under real pressure bearing in mind our tough upcoming December fixtures and no doubt defeat would increase the calls for us to ditch Rhys. Of course a win would see us back in the play off mix and put sizeable gap between us and Kelty.

Limited options still for team selection but i would expect McMaster to come in for Devenny as our only change from last week.

As i said, limited options but Rhys benching himself (unless carrying an injury) weakens the side but highlights the issue of having such a young manager who is also an important player.

On 16/11/2022 at 10:29, leomessi1984 said:

We're playing well now just need to be clinical. Draw likely I'd say.

A fee injuries last game in Low & Tidser will hopefully be back. No sign of Fash yet either.

Low & Tidser haven't made it then and still no place for Scott McGill.

22 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

As i said, limited options but Rhys benching himself (unless carrying an injury) weakens the side but highlights the issue of having such a young manager who is also an important player.

All credit to us if we can get 3points, Kelty are a workman like team, with a lot of experienced players, make or break time for us, love Airdrie to do a Montrose on them, not full of confidence though, 

2 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Happy with the win but that was absolutely dreadful. Complete robbery on our part.

2 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Happy with the win but that was absolutely dreadful. Complete robbery on our part.

Just pish neeb on out part need to take chances ,still think we will be safe in the league though 

On 15/11/2022 at 22:28, Chapelhall chap said:

Gone for a home win despite my usual pessimism. 

Thin squad makes me worried that it could be late on before I relax.

Much as I expected. Better than last time against Kelty Hearts but still too light weight in the middle despite working hard all game. Felt we edged first half without troubling Jamieson much. Kelty had the real edge for the opening spells of 2nd half and Lyness saved us on two crucial occasions. I thought Cardle and Higginbotham were really running the game and had there been a Gallagher up front for Kelty it might have been different. 

Glad to see Gal getting our winner after a hard fought duel with Foster. Some hint he might have been offside by a desolate Jamieson!

No subs is still a real concern and whilst I don't think Telfer won a 50/50 I did think he was the best of our midfield three. 

Still don't think we get the real value of CS and LJ, but well done to all the team.

A word of praise to the Ref( despite some poor decisions on Callum Smith being fouled) for spotting Jason Thomson's concussion. Hope he is ok. Strange results around L1 and to see Alloa lose a three goal lead is bizarre but great to see he who shall not be mentioned, get a Red Card. 

Cup break and a trip abroad will lead to silence from me.