Cove R*****s v The Ton, 19-11-22

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Why do Morton fans, of all people, have such a hatred of Shay?

I was talking to my mates about that at the game yesterday and we were none the wiser for having discussed it.

I suppose what he’s best known for is the Celtic racism incident, which certainly should go in his favour, calling out a club that sees itself as, for want of a better phrase, “whiter than white”.

It’s probably more a case of being the most recognisable face and biggest WUM in a team with which our support is unfamiliar. The guy draws attention to himself with silly wee things such as how he wears his shorts and all of a sudden guys who shouldn’t be concerned in the slightest are frothing at the mouth, and he’s quick to engage when they do.

Good on him for it, his winding up of fans can be quite entertaining and never spilled over to any of the abuse he has suffered in the past, but I’d say he enjoys the role of pantomime villain and WUM.

He’s no Ray McKinnon, Jim Dick, Dean Matthew Keenan or Brian Graham in the eyes of most of us I wouldn’t say though.

17 minutes ago, Toby said:

I was talking to my mates about that at the game yesterday and we were none the wiser for having discussed it.

I suppose what he’s best known for is the Celtic racism incident, which certainly should go in his favour, calling out a club that sees itself as, for want of a better phrase, “whiter than white”.

It’s probably more a case of being the most recognisable face and biggest WUM in a team with which our support is unfamiliar. The guy draws attention to himself with silly wee things such as how he wears his shorts and all of a sudden guys who shouldn’t be concerned in the slightest are frothing at the mouth, and he’s quick to engage when they do.

Good on him for it, his winding up of fans can be quite entertaining and never spilled over to any of the abuse he has suffered in the past, but I’d say he enjoys the role of pantomime villain and WUM.

He’s no Ray McKinnon, Jim Dick, Dean Matthew Keenan or Brian Graham in the eyes of most of us I wouldn’t say though.

He definitely enjoys it.

Tbh Logan was never really on my radar as a guy I had any sort of opinion either positive or negative on until the game at Cappielow at the start of this season.  His general demeanour giving it big licks in front of the cowshed and putting his shorts up the crack of his ar se very quickly helped inform my opinion of him being a wee fanny.  His salty sour grapes post match interview only went to reinforce this opinion and I haven’t seen anything from him since to convince me otherwise.

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He definitely enjoys it.

I don’t doubt that. We’ve got Robbie Muirhead in particular who enjoys the same and football’s richer for it, so whatever floats his boat. Doesn't mean he won’t get reminded of it when things go tits up for him though, as was the case yesterday.

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Doesn't matter now clearly as the points are notched on the board for Morton but the first was offside as McIntyre mentioned in the post match interview.

Screenshot_2022-11-20-21-01-20-32_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Did the ball get played to the player that's offside?

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Did the ball get played to the player that's offside?

Yes it did get played to Kabia.  I missed it at the time and the highlights posted on YouTube were zoomed in so didn’t show his position at the time the ball was played.  I knew this was the only possible offside as the other passes which were clearly shown were definitely onside.  So yeah, that decision has cost you - unlucky. 

as for “2 yards”…🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Vril said:

Yes it did get played to Kabia.  I missed it at the time and the highlights posted on YouTube were zoomed in so didn’t show his position at the time the ball was played.  I knew this was the only possible offside as the other passes which were clearly shown were definitely onside.  So yeah, that decision has cost you - unlucky. 

as for “2 yards”…🤣🤣🤣

Yeah clearly not two yards but even Qatar wouldn't get off with that one if it went to VAR

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Why do Morton fans, of all people, have such a hatred of Shay?

Very simple: he gave away the goal and the three points at Cappielow, then came out talking absolute bollocks in the post-match… giving us all the (accurate) impression that he is now a classic Billy Big-Time figure… and therefore, I hope you would agree, fair game.

Edited to add that I’ve just noticed @Vril beat me to it.

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

5 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Very simple: he gave away the goal and the three points at Cappielow, then came out talking absolute bollocks in the post-match… giving us all the (accurate) impression that he is now a classic Billy Big-Time figure… and therefore, I hope you would agree, fair game.

Edited to add that I’ve just noticed @Vril beat me to it.

He was getting it tight from the Morton fans before he sold that goal at Cappielow in August, though.

35 minutes ago, Toby said:

He was getting it tight from the Morton fans before he sold that goal at Cappielow in August, though.

For me it was the shorts which started it, and then the way he reacted to the abuse he got led to it escalating a bit.  Selling the goal was more just a nice punchline to his days antics and I couldn’t have written a better ending to the game myself(including his interview which I fkn loved)

But yeah I agree with what you said earlier that this sort of wind up behaviour actually enhances the entertainment so fair play to him.  I love it when our players noise up opposition fans just as I enjoyed shouting abuse at Logan when he was strutting about with his shorts up his ar se so fair play to him.  Much as I think he is a wee fanny, his behaviour definitely enhanced my enjoyment of the match