Cove R*****s v The Ton, 19-11-22

I'm guessing most Morton supporters are gearing up for the balloon getting burst here: looks like exactly the kind of place/situation where we lose... so a great test of the durability of the Imrie effect.

I'd happily take 7 points from our next 4 (tricky) fixtures, so a point here would be no bad outcome.

They are all tough games but I would be slightly disappointed not to take all 3 points.

Gillespie suspended for this game is a bit of a blow. would imagine McGrattan coming into central midfield and Kabia starting out wide.

We're playing with confidence and we should be looking to win the game. But we all know what kind of league this is so anything can happen

8 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Yes looking forward to a great away day.

See option of terracing or stand behind the goal.

As I have never been to Cove are both of these areas covered?

Both are covered. The terracing, which is alongside the pitch about in line with the edge of the box, is a cowshed like structure, only about 5 rows deep that would hold 50-80 fans.

Temporary stand behind the goal for away fans is seated and holds just under 900.

Away support can also stand near the away dugout opposite next to the main stand.

IMG_20221115_092153.jpg

Tempted to head up to this. A ground I've not been to but plan to head up for an overnight on last day of the season for the promotion party!

Tough game. Cove very decent at home, won 3 of their last 4 so a point won't be the worst result. It was a very even game at Cappielow with a bit of class from Quitongo winning it near the end. Was impressed with Cove against Queens Park in the recent TV game too.

However we are flying, scoring goals and keeping the back door relatively shut so it's a very tough game for Cove too. Gillespie being suspended is a blow but likewise they have Megginson out( i think) which is a big loss. I'd prob bring in Carlo and keep the rest of the team and shape the same.

Would be happy with 4 points out of 6 from the next 2 games, this and Arbroath away but  6/6 certainly possible if we play like we have being doing.

2-2

Cove without Mitch due an accumulation of bookings. 7 in the 14 games he's played so far this season. Undeniably will be a big miss, not just for his goals but for his work-rate and link up.

Max Johnston has been called up for Scotland under 21's on Thursday so depending upon fitness could be a doubt. 

Cove coming into this undefeated in their last 4 and with 3 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses in their last 9 games. Not quite the impressive run of Morton who have been flying of late and perhaps a surprise package to many so far. Ton undefeated in their last 7 and have 5 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses in their last 9.

Our home form has been fairly solid so far. 4 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats for 14 out of 24 points. Definitely look a stronger team at Balmoral although we're improving on the road.

Longstaff should return after missing the Arbroath game and I suspect we'll play Fyvie behind Gerry. McIntyre might surprise us and stick with 4-4-2 and play Leighton up top from the start but I doubt it.

Megginson a bigger miss for Cove than Gillespie is for us, I think.

Hope we see Pignatiello come in to do a straightforward DM role, leave the rest of the team as it is. Carlo can’t do what Gillespie does, but he can screen the back four and make simple passes to get us moving.

Has the look of a classic Championship 22-23 encounter: 1-1 or 1-0 either way.*

Spoiler

*Cue seven-goal thriller…

Don't know about that. Gillespie is arguably the most important player in this team and we've not seen how we look without him yet this season. 

Midfield is a worry for me. A draw would be a decent result. 

30 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I'm presuming it's cash turnstiles at Cove. Going up for my first visit on Saturday. 

There's no cash turnstiles but there's a ticket office (hatch in the wall) right next to the away support turnstile. It's open right up to kick-off.

Tickets can also be bought online here

https://coverangersfc.ticketco.events/uk/en/m/e/cove_rangers_fc_v_morton_cinch_championship

Edited by CoveRangers1922

52 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

There's no cash turnstiles but there's a ticket office (hatch in the wall) right next to the away support turnstile. It's open right up to kick-off.

Tickets can also be bought online here

https://coverangersfc.ticketco.events/uk/en/m/e/cove_rangers_fc_v_morton_cinch_championship

That's great info. Thanks.

17 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

Lots of rain over next few days!!!

Take it park is plastic so no concerns?

It is a plastic pitch, so no issues there.

Looks like the trains to Aberdeen are severely disrupted/cancelled today and there's currently flooding at the Broxden roundabout, so getting there might be more of a problem.

6 hours ago, theoceanfloor said:

It is a plastic pitch, so no issues there.

Looks like the trains to Aberdeen are severely disrupted/cancelled today and there's currently flooding at the Broxden roundabout, so getting there might be more of a problem.

Friday teatime Radio Scotland said the Broxden was “just about passable” but that there’s a lot of rain still to come for central and north-eastern Scotland.

If anybody’s keen enough, or daft enough, to drive tomorrow, if the Broxden has a tailback you could take the previous exit for Tibbermore, bear right at the garden centre and it takes you onto the A9 well above Broxden. Whether it’ll be easy to get to the Balmoral stadium is another thing entirely, good luck with it.

54 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Friday teatime Radio Scotland said the Broxden was “just about passable” but that there’s a lot of rain still to come for central and north-eastern Scotland.

If anybody’s keen enough, or daft enough, to drive tomorrow, if the Broxden has a tailback you could take the previous exit for Tibbermore, bear right at the garden centre and it takes you onto the A9 well above Broxden. Whether it’ll be easy to get to the Balmoral stadium is another thing entirely, good luck with it.

I just drove through the Broxden (from work in Perth going South) about half an hour ago and it was no problem at all.

14 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

My car Sat nav has auto redirection so will take in what ever it instructs tomorrow. Normally as I know where I am going I ignore it's suggestions but have recently learnt not to.

Yes mad trip but not in UK Apri/May so will miss the planned 5th May 23 option. We might help the crowdwanking away support numbers. Expect a few Aberdeen fans may take in the opportunity to catch seeing the mighty Ton.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Fun

46 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Can only assume a Morton fan has made a very late decision to go to your game today as he's on same bus as me as I make my way to Dundee but bus won't get to Aberdeen until 2.55pm!

He'll only have time for two pre-match pints then.