Aaron Healy

qpfc

Couldn’t find a thread to post about him but seen today on Twitter that Arthurlie winger Aaron Healy will be signing for Queen’s Park in January

Anyone able to give an insight of him as a player? A massive jump but we signed Scott Williamson from Cambuslang in the summer and has looked more than capable in the championship so far 

26 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Couldn’t find a thread to post about him but seen today on Twitter that Arthurlie winger Aaron Healy will be signing for Queen’s Park in January

Anyone able to give an insight of him as a player? A massive jump but we signed Scott Williamson from Cambuslang in the summer and has looked more than capable in the championship so far 

The boys a cracker, there are some right backs in the WOSFL premier League still having nightmares about him.

I think if he keeps up his development he probably won't be at Queen's park for long.

Superb player. May need to beef up a bit but a boy with real talent.  On his game he is unplayable.  His ball control while moving at speed is lovely to watch. Queens Park could be on to a winner here .  He doesn't score ordinary goals either he has put away some belters for Arthurlie this season.

Edited by Satori.

13 hours ago, Just Gimme some Candy said:

Best youth player I've ever set eyes on , go's by you as if you're not there, needs a bit of shooting practice 

That's a bit of a statement mate but he is amazing to watch in full flight.  Very level headed young guy and I really hope he makes it. As someone has already said it's a massive leap and may prove too much for him.  Football wise there won't be a problem but I just worry about the physical side .  

22 hours ago, Satori. said:

Superb player. May need to beef up a bit but a boy with real talent.  On his game he is unplayable.  His ball control while moving at speed is lovely to watch. Queens Park could be on to a winner here .  He doesn't score ordinary goals either he has put away some belters for Arthurlie this season.

His leaving will be a big loss for Arthurlie.   Very good player.

23 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

His leaving will be a big loss for Arthurlie.   Very good player.

Absolutely mate and coupled with Tam McGaughey going to Neilston it will leave us weakened on the left.  Hopefully management have a few signings in mind. 

The lad I`m sure dropped out of St Mirren into Arthurlie 20`s and was outstanding when I saw him last season, probably the best player in the league tbh.

I wasn`t surprised when he went up into the first team and now getting a move higher. £16k is a hell of a fee for a lad out the 20`s, great business - but I hope they have a sell-on clause as he`ll move higher than Queens Park.

I hope the club do the decent thing and put a couple of grand of that fee back into the development squad.

This is great to see a lad drop out of pro-youth into the development league and go back up to senior football - proving it`s not all about pro-youth, and not the only route. 👏👏

7 hours ago, Hawf time pie said:

The lad I`m sure dropped out of St Mirren into Arthurlie 20`s and was outstanding when I saw him last season, probably the best player in the league tbh.

I wasn`t surprised when he went up into the first team and now getting a move higher. £16k is a hell of a fee for a lad out the 20`s, great business - but I hope they have a sell-on clause as he`ll move higher than Queens Park.

I hope the club do the decent thing and put a couple of grand of that fee back into the development squad.

This is great to see a lad drop out of pro-youth into the development league and go back up to senior football - proving it`s not all about pro-youth, and not the only route. 👏👏

I actually love dunterlie as a venue and it's got a good tight close to the occasion feel to it however I think any monies brought in should be prioritised into the ground as some of that terracing/slabbing ( more so at the top right corner flag when you walk to it from behind the top goals) gives me the genuine fear and I've saw a few people falling there as it is /was very uneven and potentially dangerous  . 

10 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

I actually love dunterlie as a venue and it's got a good tight close to the occasion feel to it however I think any monies brought in should be prioritised into the ground as some of that terracing/slabbing ( more so at the top right corner flag when you walk to it from behind the top goals) gives me the genuine fear and I've saw a few people falling there as it is /was very uneven and potentially dangerous  . 

I agree mate. Great wee ground but needs massive investment to bring it up to standard.  

Good point. The area behind the station end goal is an eyesore. Multi levelled, areas cordoned off for over a year, an area of rubble covered with artificial turf, a beaten up booth near the entrance and a bare fence looking directly into Weir's yard. It must give one of the poorest first impressions of any of the WoSFL Premier League grounds. Given that a fair number of elderly people support the Lie, it should be a priority to get that area fixed.

1 hour ago, Fereneze said:
On 14/11/2022 at 14:58, Thejackdaw said:

If this is the boy who ripped beith to bits up at dunterlie in pre season then you've got quite a talent there to say the least.

Ooops he did it again.  Totally left Conor McGlinchey for dead,  suckered him with his nutmeg at the winning goal and what a composed finish. To be fair to the Beith defender, Aaron has embarrassed a lot better players than him.  We are going to miss this wee guy so much when he leaves.  He is a threat no matter where he gets on the ball. 

1 hour ago, Satori. said:

Ooops he did it again.  Totally left Conor McGlinchey for dead,  suckered him with his nutmeg at the winning goal and what a composed finish. To be fair to the Beith defender, Aaron has embarrassed a lot better players than him.  We are going to miss this wee guy so much when he leaves.  He is a threat no matter where he gets on the ball. 

He was the difference between the 2 teams on Saturday.   Need to get as many points as possible when he is still at Arthurlie as he'll be impossible to replace at this level. 

40 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

He was the difference between the 2 teams on Saturday.   Need to get as many points as possible when he is still at Arthurlie as he'll be impossible to replace at this level. 

I never thought we would be saying that about a 19 year old.  We have had  good  youngsters coming through at Dunterlie in the last couple of seasons, Bradley, Roulston and McLaughlin to name a few.  As good as these boys are none of them has had the impact Healy has.  Spoke to a couple of guys who were neutrals and they couldn't stop talking about him on Saturday.  I believe we received a tidy sum for the boy but it won't be enough to replace him with the same quality.