Billy Dodds Highlanders v Lee Bullen's Seasiders

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can’t tell if this is serious or not.

Embarrassing if serious. Unbeaten in 6 and top of the league! Can we play better? Absolutely and given we’ve not been at it the last 2 games (both away) and we’ve taken 4 points I’m happy enough with that 

IfLate equaliser and losing Kirk  has me feeling absolute gutted at today tbh.  If Musonda is out long term as rumoured we will struggle to get any points at all on board between now and January with McGinty and presumably McAllister at Cb.   

Suppose on a slight positive its a draw when playing rubbish again but the snatching something playing rubbish is becoming a theme.  Poor last 10 in comparison to Morton who lost a late equaliser at the exaxt same time we went ahead then went up and won it, through Robbie Crawford ironically.

10 minutes ago, Hursty said:

IfLate equaliser and losing Kirk  has me feeling absolute gutted at today tbh.  If Musonda is out long term as rumoured we will struggle to get any points at all on board between now and January with McGinty and presumably McAllister at Cb.   

Suppose on a slight positive its a draw when playing rubbish again but the snatching something playing rubbish is becoming a theme.  Poor last 10 in comparison to Morton who lost a late equaliser at the exaxt same time we went ahead then went up and won it, through Robbie Crawford ironically.

Where is that rumour about Musonda coming from?

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Where is that rumour about Musonda coming from?

It was right after he went off with what we thought was cramp a couple of weeks ago, someone who works with the players had said they thought it was worse and might have been a recurrence of something that has bothered him before.   Hopefully 2 more weeks and he will be fine as if it was something needing work done we would know by now..

The 1st half we were very poor and similar to the Hamilton performance, however we were a completely different team in the second half and deserved to go home with the 3 points but for one defensive lapse which cost us.

Logan Chalmers was simply superb when he came on, he was involved in everything and drifted from left to right and even through the middle and dropping deep. The team in general seemed to have more energy and were all pushing forward and playing some really decent football.

Yes, the Kirk injury if as serious as it looked, is a major blow, however if Musonda is back fit then it won't be terminal as regards our title challenge.

I think the 2nd half display proved beyond all doubt that we simply need to attack teams and if we leave ourselves open at the back, then so be it, we WILL concede goals but ultimately with our attacking players I'd ALWAYS back us to outscore the opposition so I think we really need to be playing to our strengths as that's the only way we'll be successful.

All in all though, a point at Inverness is a good result and nobody should try and paint it as anything else.

I didn't expect anything, especially after the first half, so to still be clear at the top is good, but the current squad situation is dire. And the impending embarrassing Scottish Cup exit to a junior club (probably after playing Ashford up front on his own for the first 75 minutes or some other disrespectful rubbish) will only compound matters. There are too many clubs of around the same quality competing for too few promotion slots and Ayr certainly have no god-given right to occupy any of them at the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I didn't expect anything, especially after the first half, so to still be clear at the top is good, but the current squad situation is dire. And the impending embarrassing Scottish Cup exit to a junior club (probably after playing Ashford up front on his own for the first 75 minutes or some other disrespectful rubbish) will only compound matters. There are too many clubs of around the same quality competing for too few promotion slots and Ayr certainly have no god-given right to occupy any of them at the end of the season.

Ashford's sole purpose should be to chase balls down and pressure defenders in the last ten minutes of a game when we are ahead. Nothing else.

The possible banana skin of that tie could really f**k everything up.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

On the upside, we've been rubbish in three quarters of the past two games yet taken 4 points.

The downside is Kirk's injury. Let's hope it's not serious as I'd have him, Dipo and Albinson as our three best players this season.

In the first half we were completely overrun in midfield, didn't win any second balls and our wide men offered nothing.

Chalmers looked to change that completely. He needs to be starting every week as at this level he's a potential match winner.

After we went in front, we were too negative. I know we want to protect the lead, but the way to do that is get on the front foot and keep feeding balls down the channels for Young Andrew McKenzie - not sit back and try and soak it up