Billy Dodds Highlanders v Lee Bullen's Seasiders

50 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'd be overjoyed with an entertaining draw !!

Hope you guys are bringing the entertainment then, its been fucking dire watching us the last few months weeks. Apart from a 10 min spell against Arbroath its just been hit and hope 'hot potato' ball

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Was it not Skippinish at Bught Park?

Correct, my mistake, Van Morrison was at Belladrum later in the month.

Skippinish would have been a bigger draw than a 1980's fat men in their fifties band.

Correction, just googled and Le Bon is 64

Terrible logistics by the Inverness Caledonian Thistle Concert Company.

Edited by SandyCromarty

5 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Mutdoch and Musonda are the biggest issues I'd say but McGinty and Kirk should be capable of coping. Charmers has been good enough and would be first choice but I don't think his actual performances to date have been any sort of huge upgrade on our other wingers and Houston has hardly set the Heather alight either. So basically I don't think we can use the Injuries aa any sort of excuse especially given the size and quality of our squad.

That said, I'd be overjoyed with an entertaining draw !!

I get what you're saying about the depth to an extent, but disagree that Chalmers isn't a huge upgrade on O'Connor and JML who let's face it, are pretty much impact subs.

Yes, McGinty is an able switch for Musonda but Smith, while a decent player, weakens our midfield noticeably compared to Murdoch.

Houston is the only right back in the squad, so although he may not be "setting the heather alight", he's unquestionably a miss when not there.

You're saying "size and quality of the squad" but overlooking that there is no depth in the centre of defence (he can't even play a back 3 at the moment because he's only got 3 in the squad and one is unavailable), central midfield or at full back and those are pretty important positions.  The utility players like Bangala and McCallister are nowhere near it for me, which doesn't help.

Injuries/suspensions happen and every club needs to deal with it, and I would absolutely expect us to still be competitive. No excuses, I'm just pointing out the fact that we are undeniably weaker and as such, I would probably take the draw.

20 hours ago, Calayrdonia said:

Houston is the only right back in the squad, so although he may not be "setting the heather alight", he's unquestionably a miss when not there.

I'd agree with that. Seems to be a very easy target for some because he lacks consistency but there's no doubt that on his game he's easily our best option at right back. When he pushes forward he allows us to play a much more fluid game.

McAllister doesn't offer any attacking threat at all. For the second goal on Friday night, Ecrepont got himself in to a position McAllister hasn't been in all season.

On 14/11/2022 at 11:49, Stephen Malkmus said:

Can someone who has a P&J subscription please paste this article here? I want to hear what Daniel Clueless has to say for himself.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/4991683/caley-thistles-head-of-medical-dan-cluett-describes-off-field-role-as-new-gym-deal-is-struck/

https://12ft.io/ a site called 12 foot ladder thank me later. 

On 14/11/2022 at 13:36, SandyCromarty said:

Beg to disagree about the team line up guesswork.

Arsenal eg, I know that they are in the stratosphere money wise compared to us but they have millions at stake on a game and yet on their website they have a table describing injury's, how long the player will be out and dates when he's back in training,

Whatever silly excuse our management have know that it is fuckin bullshit and just a means to separate us from them. 

Take a look on. the RC website at their Staggies Army offer to their fans, thats a club involving their fans.

It's an absolute farce that we are always left on the dark regarding players and injuries. Like for example we know Deas has a broken leg but is it a clean break? Or Is it broken in several places? will he back by March? or will he miss the rest of the season?. Considering he's one of our best players you'd like to think the club would keep us informed but no not a word since the injury happened.

Now I heard it's a clean break and he should be back before the end of the season but I only know that through fans and people involved in the club nothingto do with the club itself announcing it. 

We're not even told what the injury is most of the time 🙄  we're literally left guessing and estimating how long it'll be till they're back. 

On 16/11/2022 at 14:04, SandyCromarty said:

Correct, my mistake, Van Morrison was at Belladrum later in the month.

Skippinish would have been a bigger draw than a 1980's fat men in their fifties band.

Correction, just googled and Le Bon is 64

Terrible logistics by the Inverness Caledonian Thistle Concert Company.

Has Caledonian Stadium ever hosted acts that are younger then 60? Elton John and Rod Stewart are hardly young and hip 😅. Duran Duran were actually pretty decent from what I saw and heard but I agree you're hardly going to be selling out crowds in Inverness with Duran Duran. Glasgow or Edinburgh no bother but Inverness was always gonna be a struggle... 

3 hours ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

It's an absolute farce that we are always left on the dark regarding players and injuries. Like for example we know Deas has a broken leg but is it a clean break? Or Is it broken in several places? will he back by March? or will he miss the rest of the season?. Considering he's one of our best players you'd like to think the club would keep us informed but no not a word since the injury happened.

Now I heard it's a clean break and he should be back before the end of the season but I only know that through fans and people involved in the club nothingto do with the club itself announcing it. 

We're not even told what the injury is most of the time 🙄  we're literally left guessing and estimating how long it'll be till they're back. 

He broke it just near the halfway line, I can confirm that.

Looking at the Inverness website, I can see we have sold 250 tickets already and that's with all of today and up until kick off to go for online, plus there will be pay at the gate people.

When you consider closer fixtures like Hamilton and Partick we take 500-600 and this one being about an 8 hour round trip and we'll still break 300, our away support truly is incredible and must be one of the biggest away percentages of a typical home attendance, in all four leagues (obviously excluding the bigger city teams of Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen,Hearts,Hibs.) Especially when you see that some Premiership teams have a record of taking about 100 fans to games half an hour away from them. 

Edited by Calayrdonia

13 hours ago, rb123! said:

What's this about Inverness asking the SPFL if they can recall loan kids because you have 10 players out injured

We have so many first teamers out we need to bring back some of the guys we sent out on loan a few weeks/months ago. When we did loan some players out we didn't include a recall option (allegedly) so we're trying to get dispensation from the SPFL to bring (some) players back to fill the gaps.

9 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Thought we were on 8 out. Any news on who the other 2 injuries might be? 

Injured 

Deas

Allardice 

Samuels 

Sutherland 

Walsh 

Devine 

Macgregor 

D. Mackay 

Zack Delaney -  a doubt

don't know who the tenth could be