Billy Dodds Highlanders v Lee Bullen's Seasiders

Looking forward to the trip up to Inverness on Saturday. We managed to break the hoodoo last season and should be going up there looking for a win.

Inverness have been stuttering as of late and seem to be without a few key players. We were pretty awful for the most part on Friday night and have Akinyemi (as well as some questionable Hamilton defending) to thank for the 3 points.

Never easy to get anything up there but I'm confident of a win.

Inverness 1-2 Ayr

31 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

How many injuries do Inverness actually still have…

I sense a soupçon of scepticism there…

To my knowledge:

Long term

Robbie Deas (broken leg)

Shane Sutherland (cruciate)

Unknown (I.e. the club lets us find out by word of mouth)

Danny Devine

Tom Walsh

Roddy MacGregor

Scott Allardice

Austin Samuels

Daniel MacKay

To these you can add that Sean Welsh has started the last couple of games so is overdue to get crocked. And our first choice keeper was effectively thrown under a bus by the manager at Cappielow and isn’t being picked…

So get your money on >40 corner kicks this time

Edited by The Mantis

To my knowledge:
Long term
Robbie Deas (broken leg)
Danny Devine
Tom Walsh
Roddy MacGregor
Scott Allardice
Austin Samuels
Daniel MacKay
To these you can add that Sean Welsh has started the last couple of games so is overdue to get crocked. And our first choice keeper was effectively thrown under a bus by the manager at Cappielow and isn’t being picked…
Is Tom Walsh made of chocolate? Was almost permanently injured when with us.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
23 minutes ago, The Mantis said:
To my knowledge:
Long term
Robbie Deas (broken leg)
Danny Devine
Tom Walsh
Roddy MacGregor
Scott Allardice
Austin Samuels
Daniel MacKay

Is Tom Walsh made of chocolate? Was almost permanently injured when with us.

Aye, and since he came back to us, out of that list he’s probably the last one I’d miss, although some of the young team seem to rate him.

Pretty sure we’re now unbeaten in five games and Caley haven’t won in five games so you know what that’s going to lead to.

I think for this one I’d be reverting back to the 4-4-2 with Dipo and either Young or McKenzie up front. I’d also be tempted to give Ecrepont a start at right back tbh. Hopefully Musonda and Chalmers are fit for this as well.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pretty sure we’re now unbeaten in five games and Caley haven’t won in five games so you know what that’s going to lead to.

I think for this one I’d be reverting back to the 4-4-2 with Dipo and either Young or McKenzie up front. I’d also be tempted to give Ecrepont a start at right back tbh. Hopefully Musonda and Chalmers are fit for this as well.

Musonda away with Zambia if fit i'm pretty sure

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

To my knowledge:

Long term

Robbie Deas (broken leg)

Danny Devine

Tom Walsh

Roddy MacGregor

Scott Allardice

Austin Samuels

Daniel MacKay

No scepticism at all! I knew it was bad - I just wasn’t sure if it had eased a little yet…

9 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Still can't believe we have an injury crisis and Doran is fit. Ironic. 

Ayr to put 4 past us. Morton and PT already have this season so not unprecedented.

Queens could easily have beaten that last night too.

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

No scepticism at all! I knew it was bad - I just wasn’t sure if it had eased a little yet…

Some are making the case that our crippling injury situation has suddenly ceased to be relevant and rather than reality setting in, we should be winning whatever. It really is quite absurd.

Having not managed to shake off Morton and Dundee, We go in to one of our most tricky fixtures knowing that  Dundee and Morton are both playing teams in The bottom 3. The only other game that would benefit us is the Raith v Queens Park game. 

We are missing Musonda, potentially Houston and Chalmers. Our already error prone defence will be weaker. Not ideal for a trip to the highlands. We have had a run of tough games and came though them picking up points. Anything other than a defeat will be a good result. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

The hammer throwing cally style (apologies if you are now playing pep tiki taka style) might actually suite Mcginty if we need to play him and Kirk at the back would defo give Finn a chance at either RB or play Paddy RB IIRC he's played there for the Scotland U21s to let Finn play his natural LB position. I'd also bring back in Young to partner Dipo upfront, with our record in the Highlands I'd take a point just now but if we are serious about keeping this title challenge up and looking at callys injuries and form it's a game we really should be hoping to take all three points from.

11 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Your guess would be as good as ours. The club don’t tell as a thing about how long they will be out for.

Just now, RiG said:

TBF we do get plenty of updates on which gym the players are using and what sports drinks we have partnered up with.

And offers of Cup tie tickets, which I won't be buying.

We really are treated as shit by the club, absolute fuckin arrogance by them, what they forget is that we buy the ST's and merchandise and freeze our arses off sitting in the ground, while they freeload in glass fronted heated rooms fortified with free hospitality.

Why the secrecy over injuries? 

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Why the secrecy over injuries? 

I'd like to suggest its because we like to keep the opposition guessing who will line up next match, try gain a bit of advantage.

Although, I suspect its because communication is shite at the club and as you suggest fans are treated with contempt and taken for granted.

Would'nt be the first time if a manager has lost the dressing room though that some players pull a sicky/feign injury to avoid playing in a team of dead ducks.......not professional but it happens.

Overall though, who fucking knows whats going on. Seems like the injury list only grows but never reduces