Clyde vs Falkirk – Battle of the Baldies

4 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

As a neutral, will try and make it to the next Bairns v Dunfermline game.Could be season defining for both.Blood and snotters. Both too big for this league imo.

So massive they're congratulating themselves on a hard earned point, against a side that haven't won a league game since the schools went back in August.Screenshot_20221119-200622_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2c9ae163a7ad21200559e7928d1d0062.jpg

7 minutes ago, David W said:

So massive they're congratulating themselves on a hard earned point, against a side that haven't won a league game since the schools went back in August.Screenshot_20221119-200622_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2c9ae163a7ad21200559e7928d1d0062.jpg

Can you point out the congratulatory bit? Or did you crop it out by mistake?

7 minutes ago, David W said:

Sorry,wasn't being offensive. As an outsider looking in seems that both Falkirk and Dunfermline have struggled against a so called lesser team in this league. As for Clyde,seems they need to get their act together not just against the so called big hitters in your league but those around them.Thats what will keep yous up imo.

A thoroughly enjoyable game today and certainly no complaints about the end result from me.

I thought we were rubbish up until Falkirk scored which seemed to kick us into life. From there, I thought we were very competitive up until Falkirk’s third goal where we started to look a bit leggy (as we often do around the 70 minute mark).

Some great goals in amongst some pretty woeful defending. Falkirk’s first and third goals were brilliant finishes and all of our goals were very well taken. The second Falkirk goal was very disappointing from our perspective. Scullion should probably be doing better to clear that. Thicot and P. Grant were good at centre half again. Ray Grant good too. Roberts worked his socks off and Allan is certainly in form, with another two great goals today. His touch for his first was absolutely brilliant.

Overall, a great game and it gives us a wee bit of hope that with some “easier” fixtures coming up we can make up a bit of ground. It’d still take a miracle of Biblical proportions to catch the team in 8th, mind you.

I've no idea why Lennon chose to leave Allan on the bench for some matches. In my opinion he's the best striker we've had, bar Goodwillie, for quite a while. He makes a nuisance of himself and always looks dangerous.

It's nice to enjoy a Clyde match for a change. The Bully Wee juggernaut is finally starting to roll.

Finally, congratulations to plucky wee Falkirk for hanging on for a draw.

36 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

A thoroughly enjoyable game today and certainly no complaints about the end result from me.

I thought we were rubbish up until Falkirk scored which seemed to kick us into life. From there, I thought we were very competitive up until Falkirk’s third goal where we started to look a bit leggy (as we often do around the 70 minute mark).

Some great goals in amongst some pretty woeful defending. Falkirk’s first and third goals were brilliant finishes and all of our goals were very well taken. The second Falkirk goal was very disappointing from our perspective. Scullion should probably be doing better to clear that. Thicot and P. Grant were good at centre half again. Ray Grant good too. Roberts worked his socks off and Allan is certainly in form, with another two great goals today. His touch for his first was absolutely brilliant.

Overall, a great game and it gives us a wee bit of hope that with some “easier” fixtures coming up we can make up a bit of ground. It’d still take a miracle of Biblical proportions to catch the team in 8th, mind you.

The second goal was as bad as anything we've conceded all season. I couldn't believe that it ended up in the net but am prepared to let Scullion away with that as it may look different on the replay. However, Thicot and Ray Grant both had chances to stop it earlier and it all ultimately came about because Craig followed Morrison into the middle of the pitch and everyone else moved out of position to cover.   

I thought we definitely deserved a point after escaping the opening part of the game only conceding once. We were exceptionally brave, or lucky, leaving Falkirk's highest midfielder unmarked and pressing up on the McGinn and whichever of Lawal and Oliver sat deeper. We won plenty of possession and ultimately that led to two of the goals. 

I thought Kurtis Roberts was essential for us today after losing Cunningham, as the only player who could get us up the pitch. Allan now top scorer in the league and two great finishes today. One Grant has been great all season, the other has been outstanding for 6 or 7 games now. Can't play down the number of times that Parry has made that big save to get us a result in the last 18 months either. Gomis was a surprise in the higher position but he found plenty of space in there and the pace on the pass for Allan's first was spot on. 

Falkirk centre forward looked a threat at TFS but was awful today. McGinn as well, and again today he was giving away possession and stupid free-kicks. No denying that Lawal is a footballer but we were just knocking him off the ball today. They look like a team that McGlynn has thrown together at relatively short notice, which needs another transfer window or two to really match up with what he wants.

Just passing on what I’ve heard (it’s not official) but the word on the street seems to be tissue damage for Cunningham rather than any broken bones/ligament damage. Hopefully only a few weeks out rather than months.
He looked in some distress as soon as he went down tbh. There was a lot of rage at his attempt to get back on the pitch but I imagined at the time someone probably told him to, who hadn't yet realised how bad his injury was. His attempt probably reflected that it wasn't high on his priorities at the time

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:
Just passing on what I’ve heard (it’s not official) but the word on the street seems to be tissue damage for Cunningham rather than any broken bones/ligament damage. Hopefully only a few weeks out rather than months.

He looked in some distress as soon as he went down tbh. There was a lot of rage at his attempt to get back on the pitch but I imagined at the time someone probably told him to, who hadn't yet realised how bad his injury was. His attempt probably reflected that it wasn't high on his priorities at the time

Aye, Ross has had problems with his ankle before his time with us and has had surgery on it previously so it was a concern to see him going down in distress. He’s a talented player but he’s has had quite a few injuries throughout his time with us. Fingers crossed it is indeed just tissue damage and he’ll be back in the pitch before too long.

16 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I've no idea why Lennon chose to leave Allan on the bench for some matches. In my opinion he's the best striker we've had, bar Goodwillie, for quite a while. He makes a nuisance of himself and always looks dangerous..

My guess is Allan has been carrying an injury (thigh strapping visible) and wasn’t risked by Lennon to avoid losing him long term.  He took a couple of pills in the second half yesterday so looks like he’s still playing through pain.  If Cunningham hadn’t been injured,  I wouldn’t have been surprised if Allan was rested again next week.

17 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

That’s a lot of months 

It’s also (unfortunately) a complete fabrication of the truth. Most of our squad are on 1 year deals which makes sense given our budgetary forecast for next year. I’d imagine anyone half decent will be snapped up by someone with more money!

Watching the highlights there you have to say there's 5 excellent goals in that game. Maybe being slightly harsh but you have to feel that Scullion should clean that ball off the line.

Would've bit your hand off for 2 points from the top 2 in the league before but feel like we could've taken 6 with a little luck

Guest Back Post Misses
22 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

Watching the highlights there you have to say there's 5 excellent goals in that game. Maybe being slightly harsh but you have to feel that Scullion should clean that ball off the line.

Would've bit your hand off for 2 points from the top 2 in the league before but feel like we could've taken 6 with a little luck

Maybe against them but you certainly didn’t deserve any more than you got on Saturday. Take the 15 minutes before HT out and you were 2nd best most of the rest of the time. Having said that the CF is dangerous and will get you plenty of goals in this league. 

13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Maybe against them but you certainly didn’t deserve any more than you got on Saturday. Take the 15 minutes before HT out and you were 2nd best most of the rest of the time. Having said that the CF is dangerous and will get you plenty of goals in this league. 

Kind of disagree here. Falkirk definitely seemed to be on top for large sections of the game, but also looked pretty toothless (admittedly odd for a game where we conceded three goals - two very good finishes from set pieces and a brain fart from Scullion, we weren't cut open). 

I'd heard good things about Burrell but his early miss seemed to set the tone for him and I thought he was poor. Alegria was worse.

Seemed like we were comfortable allowing Falkirk to keep the ball and soak up the pressure. I think Duffy played it well.

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Kind of disagree here. Falkirk definitely seemed to be on top for large sections of the game, but also looked pretty toothless (admittedly odd for a game where we conceded three goals - two very good finishes from set pieces and a brain fart from Scullion, we weren't cut open). 

I'd heard good things about Burrell but his early miss seemed to set the tone for him and I thought he was poor. Alegria was worse.

Seemed like we were comfortable allowing Falkirk to keep the ball and soak up the pressure. I think Duffy played it well.

Duffy just did what every other manager in this league now knows to do.