🦁Raith Rovers V Queen’s Park🕷

As soon as we concede we absolutely lose any structure and heads go down, whether its the first goal in a game or we've been in front.

There are some shockers in the goals, the third probably the worst with Ross just giving up and Spencer following no-one. 

It is interesting to see QP doing so well with a handful of fans and a weird little tinpot newbuild stadium on the way. Probably unsustainable, but sure they are enjoying their days in the sun playing against the big boys. 

21 minutes ago, Craigus said:

It is interesting to see QP doing so well with a handful of fans and a weird little tinpot newbuild stadium on the way. Probably unsustainable, but sure they are enjoying their days in the sun playing against the big boys. 

Another furious Raith fan🤣

We beat the "big boys" from Fife in the play off semi final back in May.

Edited by Ben Reilly

20 minutes ago, Craigus said:

At least you're not bitter about us pumping you, though.

QP defended well and put bodies on the line when they needed to....we didn't!  Probably didn't deserve to be beaten by 3 goals, but if you don't take your chances....then perhaps you do. 

Dick certainly had a game to forget, 1st he gives away the free kick in a bad area for the equaliser, has 2 deflections to totally wrong foot Jammer and when he fails to convert for what would have been our equaliser he's then miles away and can't get back to where a centre back should be to defend a break away, but he's not the only one at fault as Spencer, Ngwenya and Millen had bad day's too.  A few players still sharpening up LV, JG & ER but If I'm honest everyone else out there bar Connolly just weren't at the races by their own standards, misplaced passes, wrong options taken and being caught out of position made it easy for QP to exploit.
On another day it could have been very different but it wasn't,

Murray needs to take his share of the blame too. His "we're getting beat so I'll throw all my strikers on" ploy hasn't worked at all and was never going to. 

44 minutes ago, Craigus said:

Oh that’s absolutely lovely. Can almost taste the tears.

Did I hear the stadium announcer correctly "148 away fans"?

QP on the up right enough, that's more than 3 times what they've brought to any game in Kirkcaldy since I started following the Rovers in the 1970s.👏

8 minutes ago, Craigus said:

Baron Haughey (O.B.E.) F.C.

Possibly the tightest 5-2 win we’ll see but the epitomé of how to finish, or not. You’ll be hard pushed to see a better free kick than Murray’s first goal in the upcoming Wold Cup. And the breakaway at the third goal was way above this league level. Best of all for me is Thomson’s goal; he drove the whole move and finished it like a striker. 

As for the so-called deflections, it takes enormous skill to pass the ball off a defender to wrong foot the goalie. Superb tekkers.

Fair play to Raith for keeping going but it was great, in a game of pace and ball wizardry, to see our defence battling for every ball and some heroic goal line clearances, three from Robson alone. Hard to beat, braw to watch. Great day out.

26 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

QP defended well and put bodies on the line when they needed to....we didn't!  Probably didn't deserve to be beaten by 3 goals, but if you don't take your chances....then perhaps you do. 

Dick certainly had a game to forget, 1st he gives away the free kick in a bad area for the equaliser, has 2 deflections to totally wrong foot Jammer and when he fails to convert for what would have been our equaliser he's then miles away and can't get back to where a centre back should be to defend a break away, but he's not the only one at fault as Spencer, Ngwenya and Millen had bad day's too.  A few players still sharpening up LV, JG & ER but If I'm honest everyone else out there bar Connolly just weren't at the races by their own standards, misplaced passes, wrong options taken and being caught out of position made it easy for QP to exploit.
On another day it could have been very different but it wasn't,

Murray needs to take his share of the blame too. His "we're getting beat so I'll throw all my strikers on" ploy hasn't worked at all and was never going to. 

Even Connolly was quite poor outside the two goals. First a cracker again and the second, both he and Vaughan tried their best to be tackled it seems. 

Millen was going nuts at his midfielders in the second half because none of them were making themselves available for passes. Not that the change in shape from a reasonable 4-2-3-1 to whatever clusterfuck it became helped in any way. 

Can't take anything away from QP, 5 shots, 5 goals and some very decent players in that side. 

The comment about the size of the Queens support does not take into account that every game for us over the last two seasons has been an away match. I and many others who used to go are waiting for a return to the Southside. It will be interesting to see what our crowd is for the Hamilton game at Hampden.

Either way, I would prefer winning 5-2 rather than having another few hundred away fans. The business people behind Queens are not stupid. They are doing this with a business plan that will see much larger crowds once everything is in place.

Been watching some of the full match replay on Raith TV, and really QP played the football that Murray wants us to play, but did it better than us.  They worked hard, pressed us a lot high up the pitch, especially when the ball went to Spencer or Brown who in most cases would both have someone right on them immediately.  But whereas we seem to need to create chance after chance before we can actually take one, they took every chance they got.  

Having no options on the bench to change the midfield didn't help us admittedly.  

Slagging off a team who have just put 5 past you over the size of their support is rank rotten patter. Leave that shite to Dunfermline and Falkirk fans.

I'm sure if fan forums were a thing back in the 90s we'd have had Hearts and Hibs fans, among others, giving us the same sneering pelters after we'd turned them over and we'd have roundly laughed in their pusses.

Edited by Specky Ginger