🦁Raith Rovers V Queen’s Park🕷

40 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I think Murray made the wrong call to start Vaughan and Ethan Ross. Vaughan looked well off the pace and clearly isn’t ready to start again. Ross was just awful but then so was most of the team. Also It’s seem that he really doesn’t rate Frederiksen as if there was ever a game to punt the ball long for the last 15 mins or so and hope to get a lucky break, this was it.

I’ll wait for the highlights, but Vaughan did look well off the pace. I suppose he needs games to get up to speed though, but anyone could see he needed subbed and he wasn’t.

Ross also needs to get back to where he was this time last season. Gullan also wasn’t at his best. Bad day at the office for our forward players. If it wasn’t for Connolly there’d be no goals. Don’t want to slag off any of these players as they have all been terrific for us in the recent past,  but today wasn’t good. 

What are we all about this season? We’re all over the place. Previously we’ve been excellent at home but poor away from home. Hopefully this was a blip.

I’ll wait for the highlights, but Vaughan did look well off the pace. I suppose he needs games to get up to speed though, but anyone could see he needed subbed and he wasn’t.
Ross also needs to get back to where he was this time last season. Gullan also wasn’t at his best. Bad day at the office for our forward players. If it wasn’t for Connolly there’d be no goals. Don’t want to slag off any of these players as they have all been terrific for us in the recent past,  but today wasn’t good. 
What are we all about this season? We’re all over the place. Previously we’ve been excellent at home but poor away from home. Hopefully this was a blip.
That can be levied at most teams in this league sb. It's such a tight league and cliché as it is, most games are fine margins.
I do think qp are the best team we've played at starks this season. They where also set up in such a way as it completely stopped us doing what we've been doing well. With Thomas, mcpake and Murray, they have the attacking threat to take their chances. Again, I was really impressed with boateng. There was a qp poster who commented on Thomson man marking Spencer. How often have we all said, we turned to shit without Spencer last season... Coyle got his tactics spot on.

Magnificent result. Not many teams will get 3 points at starks across the season, never-mind deliver a thumping to them! It was fairly even in the opening exchanges and it was a terrific goal from Aidan Connelly but surprisingly since the opener, Raith began to look incredibly passive and fairly easy to break down which of course is reflected in the final result. A fantastic free kick from the wonderful Simon Murray who seems to have found that spark again from earlier on in the season. Mental what a goal to does to a player’s confidence. The guy was simply magnificent and was the best player on the park. A CAPTAIN’S performance.  

It was really satisfying to see us be so clinical in front of goal. Too often we’re wasteful in front of goal but today everything went our way, even if we got some luck with 1 or 2 deflections. We were dogged at the back and it was great to see the team play with such confidence. When we’re flying, I really do believe we can be the best team in the league but we’re just needing to get that consistency. Nonetheless, what an incredibly exciting team Coyle has recruited, such a fun to team to watch when in full flow 

Murray was obviously my man of the match but another shout out needs to be made for Thomson and Boateng. For me, the best central midfield pairing in the championship. Both 20 and 22 respectively yet they play like 28 year old seasoned pros. They’re faultless every week and they set the tone for our attacking play today. Delighted to see Thomson score also, it’s been coming for a few weeks now. 

Raith are evidently fairly tidy on the ball but they lacked a lot of fight in the midfield and seemed to go gung ho after the 3rd which really didn’t help them at all. We’re very good on the counter and they really played into our hands with the amount of space left at the back. Vaughan looked miles off it (which is understandable) and other than Connelly who was excellent (would absolutely have at QP again), they lacked any sort of creativity. Easton despite being a very unlikeable footballer was clearly a miss. Screams mid table from the 2 occasions watching Raith now but you never know with how unpredictable the championship is 

I imagine Vaughan started because the realistic alternative was Connell, who is not very great. Beyond that there's Gullan who is only just back from a burst hamstring and probably wasn't fit either, or Fredriksen, who has looked off the pace. 

It's another edition of "go behind and lose", ultimately. Unlike most of those instances this season we took the lead, but going down 2-1 you feared the worst. 

Vaughan is well off it, but is the best option.  Says it all about the other striking options that he's the one given the nod up front.  

I'm not overly concerned about Murray either, but the manner in which we try and get back into games after going behind is a significant concern.  

20 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Vaughan is well off it, but is the best option.  Says it all about the other striking options that he's the one given the nod up front.  

I'm not overly concerned about Murray either, but the manner in which we try and get back into games after going behind is a significant concern.  

Vaughan played well even for well off it. Hit some fantastic passes and set up his team mates. Directly involved in both goals and created a few chances for others. Gullan had two massive chances and put both wide, Connell had two, made the keeper work for both. 

We had a massive chance 30 seconds before they raced up the pitch and scored their 3rd. While it's true we've struggled when being behind so far, there wasn't a lack of chances to change that stat, just poor decision making all round.

30 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Vaughan played well even for well off it. Hit some fantastic passes and set up his team mates. Directly involved in both goals and created a few chances for others. Gullan had two massive chances and put both wide, Connell had two, made the keeper work for both. 

We had a massive chance 30 seconds before they raced up the pitch and scored their 3rd. While it's true we've struggled when being behind so far, there wasn't a lack of chances to change that stat, just poor decision making all round.

It's been poor decision making all season so far, you'd think that would be sorted out a bit better before now , or is no video analysis being done anymore, I  can see us having the same problems next season as we'll basically have the same players 

It's been poor decision making all season so far, you'd think that would be sorted out a bit better before now , or is no video analysis being done anymore, I  can see us having the same problems next season as we'll basically have the same players 
We won 4 games in a row. Everyone lapped it up. We've lost 2, now everyone is acting like the majority of the teams in this league aren't going through similar experiences? We went from second to seventh in two weeks. That's how tight this league is. We're not even 6 months in with Murray really. It's also hist first season in this league for a few years. Give the guy time.

33 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

We won 4 games in a row. Everyone lapped it up. We've lost 2, now everyone is acting like the majority of the teams in this league aren't going through similar experiences? We went from second to seventh in two weeks. That's how tight this league is. We're not even 6 months in with Murray really. It's also hist first season in this league for a few years. Give the guy time.

I was alluding to players making wrong decisions, nothing about Murray. 

9 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think. As surreal as it is. Wonderful to watch.

Mal Boateng is never spectacular or fancy, but just does everything so reliably and efficiently.

Gets into space really well, finds himself free of markers a lot but not convinced his passing is great. Looks like a really tenacious player overall. Where did you find him? 

I don't think Raith are a bad side at all, but that was an absolute master class in how not to play against us. If you give this group of players the freedom to move the ball about like that and take shots they will punish you.

Not only delighted with the result itself (which goes without saying), but really pleased with scorers too. We always knew Murray was a confidence player, and yesterday proved it; one goal last week and suddenly he's on fire again. Thomas and Thomson are two of our best players so it was pleasing to see them get on the score sheet as well.

It's shambolic and we're getting pulled about the place and Queens Park were worthy winners. 

That said I don't think this will happen again, every shot on target went in and everything Queens tried worked. That never happens to any team in any league. 

Murray has to rebuild the teams confidence through the week and we really now need to win a Scottish Cup banana skin.

9 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Watched the highlights , everything was going fine till the foul, and the positioning at the free kick, then what followed I expect we'll never see again, credit to the players though they kept at it till the end 

No strangers to a 2-5 IIRC

12 hours ago, qpfc said:

Murray was obviously my man of the match but another shout out needs to be made for Thomson and Boateng. For me, the best central midfield pairing in the championship. Both 20 and 22 respectively yet they play like 28 year old seasoned pros. They’re faultless every week and they set the tone for our attacking play today. Delighted to see Thomson score also, it’s been coming for a few weeks now. 

Completely agree. They are a fine midfield duo, very pleasing to see Thomson get his goal.