🦁Raith Rovers V Queen’s Park🕷

48 minutes ago, an86 said:

I actually thought you were one of the better sides we’ve faced, despite the result. We’ve played better in several games and not won them. The one off the the line at the end looked a certain goal at the end as well.

I always thought Aidan Connolly was a great player with us. Seems to be doing well at Raith too.

15 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

It was the corners at Ochilview that stood out for me. Said to my old man at 0-0 that it was obvious they were gonna get one eventually with the big guy coming up. 

Stantons shot that hit the inside of the post that didn’t go in summed up the day.

TBF we were shite that day as per most away games in that rotten pink strip.

Fancy us to win this Saturday though.

I missed out the most interesting stat. We’ve both played seven league games since that fixture. Queen’s accruing 8 points, Rovers 13. 

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

Expect Nolan for Dick and, perhaps, Gullan for Connell, otherwise the same?

I'd expect Gullan on the bench, given what happened the last time with his injury. Connell hasn't scored but has influenced the games in previous weeks, Dundee aside.

20 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I'd expect Gullan on the bench, given what happened the last time with his injury. Connell hasn't scored but has influenced the games in previous weeks, Dundee aside.

Exactly why I suspect a change happens. He didn’t do enough to retain the shirt he got via Gullan’s injury. Now, you suggestion they might treat Gullan with kid gloves has merit, though.

59 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Connell was bullied out of the match in the away match against Queen's Park. I'd be inclined to try something different this time.

In tomorrow's programme -

-A feature on a past favourite of both sets of fans, Ian Ballantyne,

- A feature on the Neeburs' sponsorship deal in Malawi,

- A profile of new Football Operations Manager Allan Halliday,

- An interview with Scott Brown,

- A seven goal Hampden thriller recalled,

- Profiles of tomorrow's mascots (one of whom is the son of a Rovers icon, and he's his faither's double),

- Rovers On This Day,

Plus the manager's column, Quiz and match reports and photos from the Hamilton and Dundee games.

On sale in and around the ground.

Only £3.

3326686418.jpg

Edited by Specky Ginger

If we don’t score 3 goals and win, then it’ll be a disappointing day. A couple of pals who haven’t been for a while are coming, so I’m hoping they don’t jinx it. We’ve got a good thing going here.

My last four trips to Stark’s Park:

Rovers 3 v 2 Ayr United

Rovers 3 v 0 Cove Rangers

Rovers 3 v 0 Partick Thistle

Rovers 3 v 1 Hamilton Accies 

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Exactly why I suspect a change happens. He didn’t do enough to retain the shirt he got via Gullan’s injury. Now, you suggestion they might treat Gullan with kid gloves has merit, though.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Connell was bullied out of the match in the away match against Queen's Park. I'd be inclined to try something different this time.

I'd be inclined to agree if he wasn't straight back from a hamstring injury. 

I'd be bullied out of the way by a big haddie like Ashcroft too to be fair. 

16 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Thought our top line struggled against the big lad Eze, notice he missed the last game for the Spiders so he might be injured? We’ll certainly need to get the ball on the deck if he’s playing as he mopped up every high ball in the reverse fixture. Hopefully we can keep our home form going.  Queens Park looked decent last game so this should be a tough test for us. Please if Eze is playing can we limit their corners, every one was a nightmare to watch and you just knew he would get one eventually. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Thought our top line struggled against the big lad Eze, notice he missed the last game for the Spiders so he might be injured? We’ll certainly need to get the ball on the deck if he’s playing as he mopped up every high ball in the reverse fixture. Hopefully we can keep our home form going.  Queens Park looked decent last game so this should be a tough test for us. Please if Eze is playing can we limit their corners, every one was a nightmare to watch and you just knew he would get one eventually. 

Based on what we've seen of him so far it's a it of an 'out there' idea, but I have wondered if it might be worth playing Frederiksen to try and match up a bit better physically. 

Think he's been out with concussion or something? The lad Fox is a much better defender than him anyway so we'll have our work cut out.

Let's bin the McGlynn tactics of playing different folk depending on the opposition though - we've been great at home with the way we play. Other teams can worry about us.