šŸ¦Raith Rovers V Queenā€™s ParkšŸ•·

This has the writing to be one of the most important match this season so far for both teams who are only separated by 2 points. Plus if results do go their way, either Raith or Queens could climb up to 3rd or even 2nd. Iā€™ve been really impressed by Rovers recent form after the start they had but they were stopped in their tracks by Dundee. Despite that they havenā€™t lost a home game since September and have the 2nd best defence in the league only behind Morton so this could be quite the struggle. Queens meanwhile bounced back after the defeat against Cove with a win at ā€˜Homeā€™ to Inverness and in Style as not only did we keep Inverness at bay for most of the game but we also played the best football Iā€™ve seen this season. The game at Ochilview was very close with both teams having chances and even though Queenā€™s Park got the 3 points, Raith did hit the post and had 2 shots cleared of the line so the game at Starkā€™s Park could be a classic to watch.

Honestly I donā€™t think thereā€™s much Coyle can do with the 11 after the win. Fox played brilliantly Ā on Saturday and has shaken off his injury so heā€™ll keep his place as does Kilday. Maybe thereā€™s the question whether or not Savoury comes into the Team after he did well coming off the bench against Inverness but Iā€™d probably Stick with the same Team as Saturday:

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā  Ferrie

Ā Ā  Ā  Ā Davidson Kilday Fox Robson

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Boateng Thomson

Ā 
Ā Ā Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Thomas Jarrett McPake

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 
Ā Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Murray

Ā 

As for the Game, you know what, this is bold but Iā€™m thinking there will be a lot of goals in this one.Ā Itā€™ll be one of those game where either team wonā€™t be great defensively on the day. Itā€™ll be end to end with both teams going for it but in the end, I think Queenā€™s will win it just in a 7 goal thriller(Its gonna end up in a nil nil draw now šŸ˜‚)Ā 

RRFC 3-4 QPFC

Havenā€™t been to Starkā€™s Park before so Iā€™ll be able to tick off another Scottish Stadium of my list and hopefully both teams come to the game in their numbers. Have a good week and enjoy the game Everyone.šŸ‘šŸ¾

3-0 Raith, goals by Gullan, Frederiksen and Connell, just to shut the complainers up. Gullan the first, scored within the first 15 minutes because IM has us shooting toward the South Stand at kickoff. Then a Frederiksen header from a Connell long throw at about 75 minutes, after thoseĀ two replace Easton and Gullan at the 60 minute mark. Finally, a Connell goal from a breakaway counter in the 89th minute.

Simply donā€™t know what youā€™re going to get from us. We can both pump and be pumped in any game, at any venue, at any given time. Second half performance was phenomenal yesterday. Anyone looking at it would think 2-1 was a tight game. Really wasnā€™t an awful different from the 4-0 at Firhill in terms of levels.

Iā€™d have Savoury in for McPake as my only change. Felt Murray really needed that goal. Wasnā€™t a goalscoring crisis, but needed one to keep him ticking over and make sure the confidence level didnā€™t dip.

Canā€™t see it being 0-0, but wouldnā€™t be predicting anything beyond that. Thought Raith Rovers were one of the better sides weā€™ve played and we probably got away with one against them last time.

2 hours ago, h_w7864 said:

This has the writing to be one of the most important match this season so far for both teams who are only separated by 2 points. Plus if results do go their way, either Raith or Queens could climb up to 3rd or even 2nd. Iā€™ve been really impressed by Rovers recent form after the start they had but they were stopped in their tracks by Dundee. Despite that they havenā€™t lost a home game since September and have the 2nd best defence in the league only behind Morton so this could be quite the struggle. Queens meanwhile bounced back after the defeat against Cove with a win at ā€˜Homeā€™ to Inverness and in Style as not only did we keep Inverness at bay for most of the game but we also played the best football Iā€™ve seen this season. The game at Ochilview was very close with both teams having chances and even though Queenā€™s Park got the 3 points, Raith did hit the post and had 2 shots cleared of the line so the game at Starkā€™s Park could be a classic to watch.

Honestly I donā€™t think thereā€™s much Coyle can do with the 11 after the win. Fox played brilliantly Ā on Saturday and has shaken off his injury so heā€™ll keep his place as does Kilday. Maybe thereā€™s the question whether or not Savoury comes into the Team after he did well coming off the bench against Inverness but Iā€™d probably Stick with the same Team as Saturday:

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

As for the Game, you know what, this is bold but Iā€™m thinking there will be a lot of goals in this one.Ā Itā€™ll be one of those game where either team wonā€™t be great defensively on the day. Itā€™ll be end to end with both teams going for it but in the end, I think Queenā€™s will win it just in a 7 goal thriller(Its gonna end up in a nil nil draw now šŸ˜‚)Ā 

RRFC 3-4 QPFC

Havenā€™t been to Starkā€™s Park before so Iā€™ll be able to tick off another Scottish Stadium of my list and hopefully both teams come to the game in their numbers. Have a good week and enjoy the game Everyone.šŸ‘šŸ¾

Is Eze injured? Noticed he wasn't playing yesterday.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Spider Rico said:

Got a bad head knock against Cove so concussion protocol applied. Although he may find himself on the bench now with Charlie Fox backĀ 

After the way we struggled against him at corners last time out I think we'll be glad to see him out. I say that admittedly without knowing anything about Fox.Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Eze Kilday FoxĀ 

Ā  Ā  Ā Jarrett Boateng ThomsonĀ  Robson

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā SavouryĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  ThomasĀ 

Ā  Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Murray

2-0 for QP.Ā 

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

When the Pars were all aboard their ever accelerating relegation express to the seaside, Thomas was one of the few players I'd have taken at Stark's.

I hope he's pish on Saturday.Ā 

His pish level is still better than your left back can cope with. Donā€™t know who he is, just that he wonā€™t cope.

4 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Eze Kilday FoxĀ 

Ā  Ā  Ā Jarrett Boateng ThomsonĀ  Robson

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā SavouryĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  ThomasĀ 

Ā  Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Murray

2-0 for QP.Ā 

No keeper? Bold strategy. Jarrett would be a waste defending. Once he gets his confidence up weā€™re going to see some special stuff from him. And weā€™ve four RBs all needing a game. Davidson had a decent game on Saturday but when ICT did break he still looks out of kilter. Itā€™s his positioning heā€™s short on. Gets caught on the wrong side too often. If only we had a salty old full back in the coaching squad to help these youngsters. I actually think Naismith is the best defender of them all but heā€™s beat for supporting the midfield. Maybe if we could transplant Davidsonā€™s legs onto Naismithā€™s head, or vice versa. So, Bannon it is.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ferrie

Bannon Ā  Kilday Ā Mr. Fox Ā Robson

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Boateng M. Ā  ThomsonĀ 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Thomas Ā  Jarrett Ā  Savoury

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Murray

QP to win by a goal.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

On 13/11/2022 at 17:33, h_w7864 said:

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

RRFC 3-4 QPFC

Thatā€™s a really strong Queenā€™s team btw. To have Boateng and Murray in there too gives me the fear.Ā 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

His pish level is still better than your left back can cope with. Donā€™t know who he is, just that he wonā€™t cope.

Thomas is real quality, weā€™ll struggle to contain him if Iā€™m honest.Ā 

Got high hopes for this one as a spectacle; was at the last Airdrie - QPFC game last season where Dylan Easton seemed to revel in goading the travelling support during their 2-0 win - all good banter, eventually made sweeter by the fact he gave away the penalty that SM converted to get us promoted in the play-off final. Ā 

9 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The last game was very tightā€¦nothing to suggest this one will be different.Ā 
Ā 

image.thumb.png.50d625be5510fc3120fc7b193426b3aa.png

It was the corners at Ochilview that stood out for me. Said to my old man at 0-0 that it was obvious they were gonna get one eventually with the big guy coming up.Ā 
Ā 

Stantons shot that hit the inside of the post that didnā€™t go in summed up the day.

Ā 

TBF we were shite that day as per most away games in that rotten pink strip.

Fancy us to win this Saturday though.

9 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

It was the corners at Ochilview that stood out for me. Said to my old man at 0-0 that it was obvious they were gonna get one eventually with the big guy coming up.Ā 
Ā 

Stantons shot that hit the inside of the post that didnā€™t go in summed up the day.

Ā 

TBF we were shite that day as per most away games in that rotten pink strip.

Fancy us to win this Saturday though.

I actually thought you were one of the better sides weā€™ve faced, despite the result. Weā€™ve played better in several games and not won them. The one off the the line at the end looked a certain goal at the end as well.