Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 vs Arbroath 🟣⚪️

7 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Can’t wait for the usual suspects to come on and defend Campbell with the “give him time, it’ll come good in January” pish.

The fact that we’re hurtling towards relegation due to horrific signings (or lack of), dreadful substitutions, tactics and starting line-ups has been so blindingly obvious since the very start of the season.

We are terrible and no striker, or even two will make much difference to that.

Thanks for the memories Dick it’s been great. Time to go now though.

So who do you suggest we replace him with .?

52 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

It’s not my job to identify a new manager but I would seriously hope that the board have been actively looking at a replacement for at least a few weeks. The writing’s been on the wall all season and the club staying in the Championship is far more important than one man.

Personally Petrie might be worth a punt - he’s worked wonders at Montrose, has strong connections with the club and would have a far greater budget etc to work with. Yes, Mo have up and down form but they rarely fail to score and I bet they never play without a striker with 2 or 3 sitting on the bench.

Despite his successes and last season in particular, Dick has never really been an attack minded manager or had huge success with bringing in strikers - for every Nouble, Jack Hamilton, Dowds there’s been a Greg Spence, Luke Donnelly, Kris Doolan, Dale Hilson etc etc etc.

Hopefully the new scouting team can identify decent strikers but will Dick even play them? The board have to be scunnered at buying, and in some cases boarding, players to sit on the bench week in week out.

I would love nothing more than for Dick to turn this round but there are absolutely zero signs of this happening. If anything performances are getting worse yet some fans continue to bury their heads in the sand. I’ll ask again - who are these great saviour strikers we’re going to sign in January to turn our season on its head?? They don’t exist. We needed a fundamental change in how we play/lineup weeks and weeks ago but it’s the same shit every week.

A change is needed or do we just sit back and watch the club circle the relegation drain for the next few weeks?

Edited by Tattie36

11 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
11 hours ago, Hayshead2 said:

That pish gets rolled out every time a manager is on a shoogly peg yet remarkably a great many clubs do manage to find someone better.

So Who.

Bearing in mind the position we are in. 

So Who.
Bearing in mind the position we are in. 
As said already, that's not the fans' job. We don't have the luxury of talking to their references, conducting interviews, et cetera. I'm not going to spend hours doing research on potential managerial targets for a team I don't support, your board however, can.

I don't actually know if Arbroath should change their manager, but I do know that if "who would you get?" is the best reason for keeping him in a job then a change is needed.

The state o’ the Bunnet’s meltdown on Radio…..deary me !!,was that Serbo Croat ?

His interviews have been cringey for some time. Campbell(s) have done a great job but his transfer business in the summer, tactics and subs are inexcusable in my opinion and its time to go. If petrie is available at montrose i’d take him.

20 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Arbroath controlling midfield - but nothing up front to create anything.

Thistle look very average.

20 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Game over - beaten by a rubbish Thistle team.

Average or rubbish? Make your mind up.

I thought 3-0 flattered us yesterday, but it was still a deserved victory as Arbroath created very little (yet again). Would be surprised if they’re not in the bottom two come the end of the season unless Campbell can pull out another decent striker on loan, which looks unlikely at this point.

Not a great performance from Thistle despite the scoreline, but we just needed to win no matter how scrappy the game was.

f**k Jacqui Low and the PTFC Trust.