Partick Thistle 🔴🟡 vs Arbroath 🟣⚪️

Graham, Muirhead and McKinnon back. Tiffoney on the bench. 

No excuses, a game we need to win to firstly stop the rot and secondly to get back towards the top 4.

Strangely optimistic but probably because I've thankfully missed the last 4 or 5 games.

Thistle 2 Arbroath 0

On 13/11/2022 at 17:21, Fuctifano said:

I'll be in attendance for the first time since we beat Morton 5-1 (and I'm currently at 3 wins from 3 this season) so if we do turn it round I'll get onto McCall to pay my travel up from England every week.

Due to the trains being humped this is no longer the case so get your money on Arbroath. 

Back in Sept when Thistle beat 10 man Arbroath 0-2 at Gayfield, many of the Partick fans were thinking their team had turned the corner and were potential title challengers - who can blame them, nothing wrong with having ambitions.

At the time, I posted that Arbroath would regroup and for the return match normal service would be resumed ( ie Arbroath would beat thistle).

But 10 weeks later and here we are with both teams having a mixed season and pressure building on both managers.

Today's game is too close to call - Arbroath are getting better, slowing improving with players starting to gel and they won't concede many goals - but still lacking a quality striker upfront.

Bobby Linn will surely start and if he hits the ground running, he will be Arbroath's main threat.

Anton Dowds will need to be watched, ex players have a habit of scoring against their old teams.

Score prediction 1-2 Arbroath - this is based on nothing but hope !

Edited by clashcityrocker

No striker yet again (I don’t count Hilson). Zero goal threat in that lineup. Dick is trolling the fans, his “I’m the gaffer” bullsh1t is going to get us relegated.

Also astonished to see Bitsindou on the bench. He was walking with a very pronounced limp last Saturday.

Edited by Tattie36

3 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Surely with no Premier league on the streaming could of been allowed?

Linn won't get on, 

It is, you've got 15 minutes to do so

https://tv.ptfc.co.uk/product/partick-thistle-fc-v-arbroath-fc-19th-november-2022-pay-per-view/

Edited by Fuctifano

I'd say Arbroath have created more than us, they missed one very good chance about a minute before we scored and Allan should have done better with his chance as well.

They're totally dominating the midfield and while we've largely restricted them to long shots outside of the two chances I've already mentioned, this is not a defence you expect to see out another 45 minutes.

I’d love to know how Dick’s brain works. Playing against a team who’ve lost 6 in a row and start with a non attacking line-up. Keep your best striker and your most creative player on the bench. Go a goal down then swap your only “forward” for a midfielder.

We never play the same line-up 2 games in a row so how can the team have any kind of consistency? The starting 11 last week did pretty well up until the substitutions so let’s completely f**k about with it today.

This is getting beyond a joke but there’s still plenty defending Campbell and think that somehow things will click when we sign this mysterious goalscorer in January.

Edited by Tattie36