Next permanent Partick Thistle manager

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 13/11/2022 at 12:49, Dunning1874 said:

While every manager is going to be under pressure for a run of results this bad, I doubt anyone in the division (possibly the whole SPFL other than Jim McInally and Davie Martindale) is as bulletproof as McCall. There are others in a pretty safe position, whether that's Campbell through years of credit in the bank or Rankin through his club not being able to afford to sack him, but Partick's boardroom/ownership situation complicates things massively.

While the board and PTFC Trust were no doubt delighted to have good results on the park to point to as deflection from their behaviour intially and therefore won't enjoy the on-field situation turning toxic as well, they can still hide behind McCall to an extent. The second they sack him 100% of the scrutiny is turned onto Low, and that gets even worse if they then appoint another Caldwell level catastrophe.

There's obviously a tipping point where they'll feel the pressure on them is going to be worse for failing to act which then threatens to collapse their whole fake fan ownership scheme, but it looks like such a dysfunctional club at the moment that I'm not sure they'll feel they're anywhere near that point yet. You can't rule out McCall choosing to move upstairs or just go himself, but I'd be surprised if he didn't want to cling on as long as possible. Despite that him choosing to leave of his own accord still feels more likely than a sacking.

I look forward to his sacking being announced in the next couple of hours now I've said this.

This is voodoo. 

Chewin fat - YouTube

I agree that the last thing that a universally unpopular board is going to want to do is sack McCall and draw eyes back towards them.

That doesn't preclude McCall walking, especially when he goes to them cap in hand next month and asks for a couple of mil to tap up Akinyemi and Murdock only to be told that the money goes to another school, in Canada.

For replacement I said Adams. Wears a shirt under a jumper like your average West End type and doesn't have obvious congenital brain damage. But it could be drawn from any of the usual suspects.

Edited by Thumper

If I had the power to remove Jim McInally from jobs he wouldn't have been Morton manager for three and a half years.

Christ, I had it in my head he was only at Morton for about six months to a year, max. No idea you let him hang around for that long.

• 2 weeks later...