Doonhamers vs. Gable Endies

Difficult one to call but based on the Airdrie debacle, the Mo don’t travel too well.  I was told that big delays caused by the rail strike etc. and hiring a coach without enough seats, meant that the team arrived in Airdrie later than expected and they certainly looked out of sorts. I really hope Saturday’s journey to Dumfries is far more straightforward and that they are firing on all cylinders from the kick off onwards.

Hopefully a good game in which both teams give a good account of themselves but we nick the points.

Seems that Wullie made his feelings known pretty strongly in the dressing room after last weeks capitulation at Alloa. Hopefully it has the desired effect and players buck up their ideas and do their jobs. Of course it could have the opposite effect if players take the huff, but they've had all week to clear the air so let's see what attitude they come out with tomorrow. Despite last weeks debacle I don't really expect to see wholesale changes in the starting XI, Hendrie's suspension of course forces at least one change. 

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Seems that Wullie made his feelings known pretty strongly in the dressing room after last weeks capitulation at Alloa. Hopefully it has the desired effect and players buck up their ideas and do their jobs. Of course it could have the opposite effect if players take the huff, but they've had all week to clear the air so let's see what attitude they come out with tomorrow. Despite last weeks debacle I don't really expect to see wholesale changes in the starting XI, Hendrie's suspension of course forces at least one change. 

This is exactly the type of fixture that we have repeatedly flopped in this season - opponents who are well organised, tactically astute and committed. If we actually set ourselves up sensibly with the right players on the park we would at least put ourselves in with a good chance of success. This weeks fantasy selection is :-

Fox

WG McKenna East Quitongo

LG Wilson McGrory Todd

Connelly Paton/Bange

The tried and tested 4-4-2 is so old fashioned these days - but it actually delivers what it sets out to do…………..gives you a solid shape and some decent width where players actually know their role. No doubt the tactical “white board” will have two “number 10s” in behind the main striker ……………both looking like “lost sheep”.