Dundee v Hamilton Accies

Good to get three points, although am pretty sure that Hamilton shot that hit both posts was actually over the line. Oh well, couldn’t happen to a nice team!
Williamson had his best game for us, and was glad to see Robertson get some game time. 

Sheridan is an absolute waste of a wage and should be punted. 

Also, for the love of God, please leave at least one man up when defending a corner!!!

Onwards and upwards. 

Thought I’d imagined that with the shot that hit both posts. Can’t quite wrap my head around how it could have been over the line but I did think it was at the time.

Mom for me today was Williamson, he put in  a hell of a shift and played a magnificent ball through for Rudden. Mc Mullan behind the front two excites driving at the opposition but it is fair to say his final ball often leaves a lot to be desired. The central back three were effective with Ashcroft being best of the trio. French was uncomfortable at RWB and really contributed little going forward. Byrne was effective without being flash. Why Kerr gets so much hate from our support is beyond me. He's not the best full back we've ever had but he's far from the worst. Lawlor was surprisingly good, made two great saves and seemed more comfortable coming for crosses than usual and his distribution is good. Sheridan was a shock choice to start but given his performance it wasn't  a shock that he got hooked after 45 mins , honestly get rid, Rudden at least puts himself about. As for Osei Yaw the least said the better. Hamilton can consider themselves unlucky. On another day they may have gone home with a draw. However their style of play and general demeanour isn't generally appealing. Made me laugh to see themcomplain about Lawlor time wasting at the end when their keeper had been doing it almost from the kick off.    

Mom for me today was Williamson, he put in  a hell of a shift and played a magnificent ball through for Rudden. Mc Mullan behind the front two excites driving at the opposition but it is fair to say his final ball often leaves a lot to be desired. The central back three were effective with Ashcroft being best of the trio. French was uncomfortable at RWB and really contributed little going forward. Byrne was effective without being flash. Why Kerr gets so much hate from our support is beyond me. He's not the best full back we've ever had but he's far from the worst. Lawlor was surprisingly good, made two great saves and seemed more comfortable coming for crosses than usual and his distribution is good. Sheridan was a shock choice to start but given his performance it wasn't  a shock that he got hooked after 45 mins , honestly get rid, Rudden at least puts himself about. As for Osei Yaw the least said the better. Hamilton can consider themselves unlucky. On another day they may have gone home with a draw. However their style of play and general demeanour isn't generally appealing. Made me laugh to see themcomplain about Lawlor time wasting at the end when their keeper had been doing it almost from the kick off.    

This. Well said bro.

11 hours ago, accies1874 said:

The seagull was legit disturbing. Genuinely horrible.

Fear not Diddy man. The seagull simply took a bird's-eye view of the Academical relegation party from the most barren and silent part of the stadium - infront of the away end.

As it stands the seagull is in better health than your club.

Thank you.

20221120_062534.thumb.jpg.9cc89e98035454335d2dda0ecd63e5a4.jpg

Just recovering from my insane weekend in Dundee. Saturday involved a tour of the Hilltown’s finest establishments.  

Firstly, why does Gal always play his best line up later on? Sheridan starting was grim. Complete pony. 

Sadly Osei looked like Bambi on ice.

Accies didn’t do much aside from time waste from the off. They look certain for the drop. 

McMullan had a stormer and Williamson did too. Rudden was the big awkward lump we needed him to be. I thought Lawlor did well too (aside from that big slip). CBs were solid. 

Thank you fine people of Dundee for your hospitality. 

I don’t think I’ve met that many characters in such a short amount of time. 

Edited by Girth

3 minutes ago, Girth said:

Just recovering from my insane weekend in Dundee. Saturday involved a tour of the Hilltown’s finest establishments.  

Firstly, why does Gal always play his best line up later on? Sheridan starting was grim. Complete pony. 

Accies didn’t do much aside from time waste from the off. They look certain for the drop. 

McMullan had a stormer and Williamson did too. Rudden was the big awkward lump we needed him to be. I thought Lawlor did well too (aside from that big slip). CBs were solid. 

Agree with all that my brother. 

Before the Thistle game people had taken offence at my suggestion that Osei should not have been leading the line on the day. I felt justified as he was absolutely pish on the day and was also pish against Hamilton. I'm hoping we see more from him and reserve on too much judgement until he has had a proper run in the team.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

More importantly, further detailed information on your Hilltown tour and character meetings please.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

In other news, anyone subscribed to Sheridan’s podcast!? Can’t imagine he’s got much to talk about…

I have, and he doesn't really. Avoids talking about football, which is shite imo. It's something to listen to for 30 minutes or so I guess.

In other news, anyone subscribed to Sheridan’s podcast!? Can’t imagine he’s got much to talk about…

Hair products?

His Instagram is absolutely full of shit patter as well, can imagine him being awful to work beside.

On 21/11/2022 at 17:34, Dundee-FC92 said:

More importantly, further detailed information on your Hilltown tour and character meetings please.

Thank you.

Thursday

First night I arrived in Dundee, I met my friend's husband for some pints on Perth Road. Had one in The Phoenix, food and drinks in Tonic then went to Mennies. 

Some bloke who looked like Postman Pat kept gurning and singing 'Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner' in my ear all night. 

There was also some Bald Bloke telling everyone to shoosh for some reason. 

In the side room, there was a group of extremely small but attractive women. 

Friday

Friday was probably the most chilled. I did some cultural stuff during the day (McManus etc.) Had a few in Dynamo then met @Meadow_Jock where we grabbed some food from The Tail End.

Back to Dynamo where we met 'The Shetland Pony'  who was there to see his daughter's graduation. A small smartly dressed bald man talking in wingdings who switched from being extremely happy to aggressive every ten minutes. He was infuriated when we said he looked sixty. 

He advised he was a Celtic fan but 'hated all the Irish shit'. 

I never knew if he found his daughter in Trades or not...

Saturday

Got to Trades at 11am. I had to neck some water as I was struggling badly. 

Cheeky vegan sausage roll and then we started in Frews pre-game good crack. I could barely face the pints from the night before. 

Two pies and a cuppa during the game helped me back on track. 

After we went to Whites and then The Glens to see some old rockers my mate knew (I was flirting with the barmaid in French for some reason). 

We went to that awful lodge place in town to see the infamous photo of Saddam Hussain outside their toilets. The place was miserable. Like a living room from the seventies. Felt very dirty afterwards but saw the Saddam photo. 

Sunday

Started at Phoenix around 3ish. Was feeling beyond shite at this point. Drinking and eating slowly. Few froths in there then we went to The Nether Inn to play pool and put some horrible songs on the Jukebox. 

Then went to Club Bar to absolutely stroll the karaoke and make some friends from Glasgow. Also met a local guy I called The Troll who kept singing AC/DC and kept trying to chat up a lesbian. 

I had some food from Wee Mexico but they made it extra spicy because I'd fucked them off. 

Monday

Long sober train journey back.

I will definitely be back!