Dundee v Hamilton Accies

21 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Do any of you "elder-Dee's" recall a midweek night game against Hamilton Accies, circa 76-77ish in the old First Division and without consulting Mr Google, I remember we pumped them 5-1?

A well-known Accies fan by the name of Fergie, stood on his Jack Jones in the TC Keay end yelling encouragement and abuse in equal measures for the entire 90 minutes.

Witnessing this as a young schoolboy I was mesmerised, now as a seasoned footballing miserable b*****d, I only have maximum respect for the man.

Regards  

I was at the game and like you was mesmerised by Fergie barking out obsenities for the whole 90 minutes. What made it all the more remarkable was it was a filthy night with rain battering down for the whole game and he stood in the one spot getting soaked. I may be wrong but I don't think there was even any segregation fences in place at that time 

17 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Don't think the groundsman is feeling too great about Saturday's prospects.

image.png.114092e3a12d1d92246c565c9c2f2138.png

image.png.bed2a937f09b26f84813b8ec0545ce82.png

Meant to be more of the same pishin' down the morn. With our drainage, I can't see it being on.

Edited by johnnydun

57 minutes ago, The Master said:

Plenty of Junior games scheduled in Dundee tomorrow, although I wouldn’t bet on many of them going ahead either. 

Yeah. Watched a Juniors game last time I was up. Great fun. 

34 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

There's no danger this is happening. The kayaks and dinghy's are out on the Drumgeith and loads of roads closed. 

Forecast is more precipitation...

Yeah, water was half way up the goal posts at 3 o clock.