Dundee v Hamilton Accies

Ehm on a roll with match threads.

So here's another.

This is exactly the type of game we drop points at.

That being said we have been pretty good going forward lately. Can Hamilton kick start their season with a result here?

Can't wait for the ticket discussion.

Light the bin fire troops....

I fully expect us to win this, though Accies performed well and deserved something last night against Ayr (too bad O'Reilly gave away the stupidest penalty ever, if he could do that again that'd be great).

Hopefully Anderson doesn't have a concussion or something, Grayson's knock didn't look too bad imo, and hopefully Rudden and Gowser are once again fit to be part of the match squad in some capacity. Wonder if today's performance is enough for Byrne to return to Bowyer's good graces.

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I fully expect us to win this, though Accies performed well and deserved something last night against Ayr (too bad O'Reilly gave away the stupidest penalty ever, if he could do that again that'd be great).

Hopefully Anderson doesn't have a concussion or something, Grayson's knock didn't look too bad imo, and hopefully Rudden and Gowser are once again fit to be part of the match squad in some capacity. Wonder if today's performance is enough for Byrne to return to Bowyer's good graces.

Well we've given away a penalty in each of our last four games so you might be in luck. 

I'd probably go close to the team that played on Friday night. A few players (CBs, Winter, Martin) weren't great but I still think they're the best options for that system, or at least the folk on the sidelines aren't gonna do any better. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

1st April 2023.

The day Hamilton are sent to the League One.

At Dens, by Dundee.

Cannot fucking wait.

Celebrate Dark Blue GIF by SPFL

(everything else is inconsequential)

Thank you.

Imagine if before that game only an 8-goal defeat would send them down. 

I’ll be in attendance with the Big Man @Meadow_Jock  

I’ll probably do a half time talk on the pitch to fire up the players. 

After the game I expect to be showered with free pints in Whites.

Oh yeah, 2-0 Dees. 

Any other food/drink recommendations please let me know. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Girth said:

I’ll be in attendance with the Big Man @Meadow_Jock  

I’ll probably do a half time talk on the pitch to fire up the players. 

After the game I expect to be showered with free pints in Whites.

Oh yeah, 2-0 Dees. 

Any other food/drink recommendations please let me know. 

Thank you. 

Korean Fried Chicken/Phoenix/Shax if you're up the Perth Rd.

1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

Korean fried chicken and Shax are bogging bud. Phoenix is a good shout though.

I've only been to Korean Fried Chicken once and honestly - it was out of this world. They weren't long open though so maybe thts why?

Shax is hit or miss. Again when it's good, superb. I have had a dodgy stomach after it before though.

Phoenix is indeed lovely, the older I get the less I enjoy their ganja fries and such though. Age, huh? :(

Tonic is a no bad shout as well, if youre into earing alligator and kangaroo burgers.

Rats on a sinking ship i sense. 

Gone are the days of Bateman, Todger and the Racoon. Remind me of the Cowdenbeath with the depths that are soon to come. 

Hope they enjoyed their clubs peak while it lasted. Always tell the diddies the facts and they never listen. Win, draw or lose the Accies are destined for decades of misery, so if they win we're merely handing out some joy coming into the festive period. Not that many would be there in the one man and his dug following to sample the joy.

Heard chants of 'We hate Dundee' on Friday during the televised Ayr match when every Dundee fan was wanting Hamilton to take points. There's levels to the diddy equations and Hamilton Academicals would take some amount of solving to decode their diddy algorithm.

John Rankin put a brave face on it infront of a derelict Derby following from Yinited back in May 2016 as relegation was confirmed and may well have to pull the same pus as he trudges down the touchline on Saturday. At least the tsunami of tears from the away end will be saved; instead it'll be a solitary drop from the away end that can be brushed away like the Accies will be by Scottish footballs elite clubs at the seasons end. 

We have the better players and should win. The likes of Robinson should have a field day against such trash. If it such transpires we manage to lose then enjoy the day Accies morons cause it's one of few moments of joy you'll have following your glorified supermarket as a stand pub team until you're kicking about in the seaside leagues with the FC Edinburgh until 2054. 

Thank you.

Do any of you "elder-Dee's" recall a midweek night game against Hamilton Accies, circa 76-77ish in the old First Division and without consulting Mr Google, I remember we pumped them 5-1?

A well-known Accies fan by the name of Fergie, stood on his Jack Jones in the TC Keay end yelling encouragement and abuse in equal measures for the entire 90 minutes.

Witnessing this as a young schoolboy I was mesmerised, now as a seasoned footballing miserable b*****d, I only have maximum respect for the man.

Regards  

3 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Do any of you "elder-Dee's" recall a midweek night game against Hamilton Accies, circa 76-77ish in the old First Division and without consulting Mr Google, I remember we pumped them 5-1?

A well-known Accies fan by the name of Fergie, stood on his Jack Jones in the TC Keay end yelling encouragement and abuse in equal measures for the entire 90 minutes.

Witnessing this as a young schoolboy I was mesmerised, now as a seasoned footballing miserable b*****d, I only have maximum respect for the man.

Regards  

Can't claim to be an elder Dee but enjoyed looking this up on the Dee Archive. Billy Pirie hat-trick, no doubt the man who epitomises the great second-tier scorer we always yearn for (Zach Robinson isn't doing too bad himself so far though tbf).

https://deearchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=3378

image.png.e18481eb9fddfa2a6914e77c163845a8.png

Won the previous game 6-1 at Brockville too, then proceeded to be battered 4-0 by St Mirren, followed by this.

image.png.daf11b5969f277a80123ad00a9023ef6.png

All in the space of a fortnight. We never have been boring, and never will be. We didn't half lay down some batterings that season, including an 8-0 win against Falkirk, but took some tankings too.

Hamilton were impressive against Ayr and unlucky not to come away with anything. Stating the obvious but Dundee will need to be completely on it to get the three points here as this is the sort of fixture we slip up in.

Since the Partick turnaround my mindset has shifted. Only positive vibes here. I think the team will win here. 

Is Anderson injured for this? If not I would go with Anderson and Byrne in midfield...everything else stays the same. Robinson must start as he is simply our best striker.